Cross platform play?

Nine months ago, Trendy showed off cross-platform play for Dungeon Defenders, now...how's that working? How do I play against my PC friends using my PS3, and how does that work since the PS3 version has had no love and thus lacks all the extras, fixes, DLCs and balancing?

It probably won't happen simply because it would require Trendy only ever releasing patches at the same time on all platforms. Given the apparent length of the approval process, that means that even the PC version of the game would be reduced to one update every couple months, and no hotfix patches if things go wrong.

At best I can see xbox/PS3 cross-platform, but I don't see Microsoft or Sony letting that happen either.

I don't speak for TE in any way, but I don't see this happening anytime soon... it could happen where they make a special TC for crossplay but atm I don't think they are focused on that =\

It probably won't happen simply because it would require Trendy only ever releasing patches at the same time on all platforms. Given the apparent length of the approval process, that means that even the PC version of the game would be reduced to one update every couple months, and no hotfix patches if things go wrong.

At best I can see xbox/PS3 cross-platform, but I don't see Microsoft or Sony letting that happen either.

Actually, the only thing we can say for sure is that it won't include Xbox 360, since MS refuses to let anything in/out of their Live network.

Cross-Platform would not be supported by M$ so it would be doubtful to have it for 360.

We really wanted to have Cross-platform at release or soon after (as seen in videos we do have the gist of it down). But due to various circumstances it has not happened yet.

I do not have an ETA for when it would be available, but please know it is something we are still very interested in.

tbh, is there any game out there that support crossplatform?

Portal 2 had cross-platform play between PS3, Windows and Max OSX clients. It was a pretty big thing, as it was one of Steam's debut games on the PS3.

tbh, is there any game out there that support crossplatform?

Blazblue:Calamity Trigger and Shadowrun are two games that are cross-platform between 360 and PC off the top of my head (there are maybe a couple of others).
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be cross-platform between PS3 and PC.

Thanks for replying Justin! It's mostly the lack of feedback/information that has been so efffin' frustrating. Especially over the PS3 not being updated or a release estimate or anything on SCEE.

The hotfixes wouldn't be needed on every patch (several times on each, in fact) if things were thoroughly tested. I'd be much happier with one good and QA-ed patch per month than 7 hotfixes with each patch.