Want to solo Insane Uber Monster Fest? Here's how:

Yeah but you forgot step #1. Farm **** loads of mana to buy UMF gear first or farm MM/S till your eyes bleed.

Seriously. "Hey, here's how you solo UMF! All you need is around 550 tower attack on a monk and a traptress and then it's like cakewalk."

Gee thanks...I'll be sure to put that right next to the "How to get a ballistica? Use a perfect ballistica!" strat.

Go away.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, pretty much it.

I do proxie stacks inside my aura hub. I also use female monk, her toggle with appr guardian is just silly. 9k aura ticks, 7k trap ticks and 200k proxies

I like how you make a thread to help people solo the current "end-game" content, and a bunch of mads low-rate the thread.

tried it, works fine with up to 2 ppl (am i the only 1 thinking the creepcount for 3 & 4 players is kinda broken?)

i replaced the front proxi in the aurastack with an immolation trap, works to and doesnt loose charges that fast

instead of being a jerk. first say thanks bcuz the set up does work not just for soloing. You can use it to Duo, I have. 2nd. Instead of whining about someone who has spent time to get his gear maybe ask for tips on how to get it faster.

Anyways.

I use a similar strat and it works well, I can Solo it but I wanna do it on my monk so I gotta level another monk today >.<

Hey there's nothing wrong with the STRAT (anymore than there is with suggesting one use a ballistca to get a ballistica), because it does work and works quite well. The issue is the majority of the people who can actually employ it, already have one or don't really need one (because hey, if you're fine with buying your way to that kind of gear, what's the point?). It's a bit like selling sea water at the beach.

But if you want to take it that way, fine, do so. I'll be here waiting patiently for this person to come back and show how they managed to do Insane UMF with the gear you can get from campaign maps and some challenges. Because UMF is suppose to be an ALTERNATIVE to MM/S farming, not another stepping stone above it. As it stands you don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of making it beyond wave ONE if you're not already packing atleast wave 16+ survival gear on every tower toon and hero.

So if you need 500k+ dps and tower toons packing 500+ tower attack in order to accomplish anything? Yeah, what's the effing point? The only way to pull that off is from farming high wave MM/S equipment or buying your way past it.

UMF is an alternative to 6-8 hours of MM survival. You can get gear that's good enough to finish most waves of UMF with just an hour spent in MM survival.

UMF is an alternative to 6-8 hours of MM survival. You can get gear that's good enough to finish most waves of UMF with just an hour spent in MM survival.

No...you really won't. It takes at least 3 hours into MM/S before that kind of gear starts dropping. Anyone pulling it off in an hour or so already has near the best MM/S has to offer so we're back around to where we started (and they'll be doing UMF now anyways). It's not an alternative to MM/S if you have to farm MM/S in order to get anything remotely close to the gear it takes to succeed.

ummm maybe if you jump into someones game at wave 20+. because it tends to take an hour just to get to wave 15 or so for the "average" loot to start dropping... but maybe playing game=no sense of time for you... idk

I take a different approach with this map. I handle the ogres while my defenses kill the mobs. Works pretty well.

but how far are you able to get? And what are your tower stats? I'm thinking probably not very far as the DEW's tend to wreck any towers >_

Gee thanks...I'll be sure to put that right next to the "How to get a ballistica? Use a perfect ballistica!" strat.

Lol! Made me smile all over! Thanks :D

lol I run an even goofier setup but I can clear the last wave with 1:30 to spare.

No str drain/healing/etc auras. Just lightning and proxy spam with 1 ensnare for bunching up the ogres top. I stay top and clean up trash while bunching up 5-10+ ogres and cutting em down with my blade/disk shooter + piercing spam. I kite them across the map and clean up the trash along the way - I use a super fairy though and have 750+ atk stats on my traptress and monk with a 96^ weapon on my ranger w/ full resists and 500+ atk and 300+ PS.

I find it hilarious that people expect to clear this map sucessfully, let alone SOLO it with substandard gear.
It's an endgame map. Honestly, what did you expect? If you can somehow magically outDPS 40 (or more) 10 million HP Ogres on wave 14 with a 30 up weapon, let me know.
TIME FOR A CAR ANALOGY.
It's like you expecting to win the F1 championship with a Yugo and complaining that all the other drivers have better cars.
All I offer is a strategy for those with the gear to beat it.

People are selling UMF weapons (60-70) dirt cheap now anyway. Get one and try it yourself?

lol I run an even goofier setup but I can clear the last wave with 1:30 to spare.

No str drain/healing/etc auras. Just lightning and proxy spam with 1 ensnare for bunching up the ogres top. I stay top and clean up trash while bunching up 5-10+ ogres and cutting em down with my blade/disk shooter + piercing spam. I kite them across the map and clean up the trash along the way - I use a super fairy though and have 750+ atk stats on my traptress and monk with a 96^ weapon on my ranger w/ full resists and 500+ atk and 300+ PS.

-1 ... just another "use said gear to get said gear" statement

I find it hilarious that people expect to clear this map sucessfully, let alone SOLO it with substandard gear.
It's an endgame map. Honestly, what did you expect? If you can somehow magically outDPS 40 (or more) 10 million HP Ogres on wave 14 with a 30 up weapon, let me know.
TIME FOR A CAR ANALOGY.
It's like you expecting to win the F1 championship with a Yugo and complaining that all the other drivers have better cars.
All I offer is a strategy for those with the gear to beat it.

People are selling UMF weapons (60-70) dirt cheap now anyway. Get one and try it yourself?

I think the main issue is that a lot of people are having trouble clearing just the first wave without the high-end gear, whether it's on Hard or Insane. This makes the path of progression questionable for the common player; should we really have to buy end-game gear form power-players to even step into end-game content? Or does UMF still require people to sink some time into Survival-Mix for 30-40^ gear first?

As a supposed alternative to Survival-Mix, you would think people should be able to jump in and, with decent 30^ weapons and 20^ armor, have at least some measure of success. As long as they could clear the first wave, they'd be able to find the loot they need to upgrade and advance further from the second wave, continuing the process of getting better gear and clearing more waves until they get geared enough to beat the mission. Instead, it seems like people are required to spend at least a half-dozen hours into Survival-Mix before jumping into UMF. Wouldn't hurt to take a good look at making Easy/Normal/Hard UMF more approachable for less-geared heroes as well.

Then again, there's a lot of emphasis being placed on the word "alternative," when it's pretty clear from the difficulty and the loot quality that Insane UMF isn't an option for end-game content. If you want the best stuff, you don't have a choice -- you have to beat UMF... or buy it from people who beat it.

I think the main issue is that a lot of people are having trouble clearing just the first wave without the high-end gear, whether it's on Hard or Insane. This makes the path of progression questionable for the common player; should we really have to buy end-game gear form power-players to even step into end-game content? Or does UMF still require people to sink some time into Survival-Mix for 30-40^ gear first?

As a supposed alternative to Survival-Mix, you would think people should be able to jump in and, with decent 30^ weapons and 20^ armor, have at least some measure of success. As long as they could clear the first wave, they'd be able to find the loot they need to upgrade and advance further from the second wave, continuing the process of getting better gear and clearing more waves until they get geared enough to beat the mission. Instead, it seems like people are required to spend at least a half-dozen hours into Survival-Mix before jumping into UMF. Wouldn't hurt to take a good look at making Easy/Normal/Hard UMF more approachable for less-geared heroes as well.

Then again, there's a lot of emphasis being placed on the word "alternative," when it's pretty clear from the difficulty and the loot quality that Insane UMF isn't an option for end-game content. If you want the best stuff, you don't have a choice -- you have to beat UMF... or buy it from people who beat it.

All of this plus the fact that right now there's absolutely no sense of direction whatsoever in this game. Really needs to be a "what do i do after X" guide, that isn't pulling rabbits out of hats like this thread expects you to.

On a side note, yes, this probably works, but it's useless posting it since everyone who needs to, can't, and everyone who can do it doesn't have to read this, because they already have either the drops needed for this from this, or have the pre-nerf bull**** gear when UMF got implemented.

Techincally,

Once I build first wave and second wave, I just press start and AFK each wave till 13.

If you AFK the auras will run out, and you lose. Also, you need to kill the monsters yourself. Auras and traps alone don't kill fast enough.

Negative, I can afk till wave 13, at which point I need to participate.
If your +5 guardian affects the following 'towers'
Elect Aura/Heal Aura/3 Immolation traps - everything melts.
350hp/580 dmg trap 300 hp/580 dmg aura.

but how far are you able to get? And what are your tower stats? I'm thinking probably not very far as the DEW's tend to wreck any towers >_<

14/14 on insane. I finish wave 14 with about 2 minutes left; but finish wave 13 with about 40-45 seconds left.

Right now the minimum gear level required to beat the first wave is not extremely high you need about 50k dps and upgrade your gear with RESISTS (VERY IMPORTANT). Wave 8 requires a bit more dps but the items from the chests after wave 7 should get you there. Then you need to beat wave 8 and the items from those chests will get you more dps.

i am surprised u could do it with those stats, well done. Interesting build, it seems to be too much ground work to cover/too much running around. I prefer letting everything come to me in 1 spot and i smash them down like that, but this is good too.

Right now the minimum gear level required to beat the first wave is not extremely high you need about 50k dps and upgrade your gear with RESISTS (VERY IMPORTANT). Wave 8 requires a bit more dps but the items from the chests after wave 7 should get you there. Then you need to beat wave 8 and the items from those chests will get you more dps.

I'd love to give you a "you're 100% right on the bat old chap" but alas. Having a dps geared any ranged class doesn't require you to have to waste points in resistances because of the simplest logic ever.

Not getting hit > wasting upgrade levels.