Uber Monster Fest SOLO Setup

I tried to solo UberMF on easy last night for the first time. I ran out of time on the last wave because I was taking too much damage from the ogres and constantly had to run away to heal. I was on a well geared 70-80% res dps squire with a 53^ wep, and had a repair pet equipped because the towers were going down too fast (especially the proxy traps) and there was no way I would have been able to keep them up otherwise.

Here is a slightly modified version of my setup, and I plan to try it out tonight: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=3004

The only change between this one and my original setup is the concentration of auras+traps in the top center section - I think this will give me enough firepower to kill the ogres more effectively. In my first run, I just had a healing aura there and wasn't even close to maxing DUs.

I haven't really seen many other setups, so what has everyone else been using? If it failed, what happened and how do you think you could improve it? Does anyone have, or think they might have, a viable insane setup? Please share/discuss.

i do insane and have gotten to last wave, i just put down clumps of auras for me to fight in, imo theres no need to put auras or traps near the spawns, as nothing really matters except ogres. and ogres walk through those basically unphased. So you need a better way to kill ogres.

i set up clumps of auras and move to them as the current one dies/runs out of charges. i dont even use traps out of laziness, but obviously that would help. i have an aoe weapon though, otherwise, I have no idea how I would kill 10 ogres at once

Please stop posting these so early after the content is released. People are gonna blow right through the level with it, and then complain about the fact that they blew through it with help.

Please stop posting these so early after the content is released. People are gonna blow right through the level with it, and then complain about the fact that they blew through it with help.

doubt that. Even with a strat it's still very hard.

who cares, more people would enjoy this game if they could complete the content, why not help them out. if everyone could do this map I still wouldn't care, it doesn't effect you in a negative way at all.

The handy part is, that you need the loot you'll get from getting through f, to get through f. :)

Well, alternativly you swim in mana through glitchusing and buy the equipment from these, who did f when it was easier. ...or you sit praying not to disconnect on mixed surv. So, i guess a good setup wont help any non-grinder to beat f, and grinders arent supposed to have fun. :)

End of plojer.

...there should be a english word for plojer...

What about pets? I ruled out using any sort of dps pet because their damage is negligible in the final waves.

-A guardian may supply towers with enough damage to burn ogres down more effectively
-A fairly would reduce ogre kiting and may be able to keep HP capped while in an HP aura
-A repair pet would help keep towers up since repairing during combat is basically impossible

With the disadvantage of each being the advantage of the other two, which is ideal? I am leaning towards the repair pet since I run around the map to repair the outlying towers between rounds - there's simply not enough time to keep everything capped.

i use app guardian, makes my healing aura do more i think, so that is the faerie effect right there. it also does more dmg, more str drain, if ever my huntress is in trouble i just invis anyways or just run around in circles. i do a lot of running around in circles, just circling the ogres that im killing, ignoring everything else.

repair pet might be ok, but i just make multiple sets of auras and jump to them as the fight progresses. i think repair pet is actually kinda useless. app guardian ftw.

but again.. i can only get to last wave..

Ijep, for aura-sitting the appguardian is quite awesome... ...gets the drain aura up to 93%, tripples the heals, inforno&lightning...

nivlam, ty for video, good spot.
Now im finaly done Ufest.
250dps hunter and 400+atk builders
too easy...

Nice video will help alot of people, too bad it's 1 hour long :P you could have done that 14x fast forward effect when killing but i guess that would have been alot of work

For you to do this map, you need some dps weapons 80+ to win and dont loose because time.....oh wait those weapons are on this map....soo how we get them? lol

For you to do this map, you need some dps weapons 80+ to win and dont loose because time.....oh wait those weapons are on this map....soo how we get them? lol

lots of shops now have 70+ weps, i rarely see 80+, but im sure they'll be more common eventually. it's not a race so i wouldn't rush it.

again, im done with 55^ weapon and 400hatk hunter

I can second that. It took a few tries and a bit of luck, but I was able to finish it with a 58^ disc launcher before. The key here is to maneuver around a bit and force the ogres to group together in such a way that it maximizes your dps.

Am I missing something or simply not doing enough DPS? On my huntress I have 360 hero att and a 57^ skullbow doing 14.5k shot + 80k p.shot falling just slightly below 200k dps and no matter what I do I simply cannot get past the second wave at all :(.

Am I missing something or simply not doing enough DPS? On my huntress I have 360 hero att and a 57^ skullbow doing 14.5k shot + 80k p.shot falling just slightly below 200k dps and no matter what I do I simply cannot get past the second wave at all :(.

bone bow kinda bad on this map imo. i had more success with phaser gun.. or get a disc

i do insane and have gotten to last wave, i just put down clumps of auras for me to fight in, imo theres no need to put auras or traps near the spawns, as nothing really matters except ogres. and ogres walk through those basically unphased. So you need a better way to kill ogres.

i set up clumps of auras and move to them as the current one dies/runs out of charges. i dont even use traps out of laziness, but obviously that would help. i have an aoe weapon though, otherwise, I have no idea how I would kill 10 ogres at once

Traps near spawn help get ogres out faster, they aren't there to kill the ogres necessarily.

Used this set up to get 2/3 through Wave 13 on Insane last night, granted a lot of that time was spent running around while invisible and grabbing loot since I had a feeling my 112K DPS (Including Piercing Shot spam) wasn't gonna be enough to clear all the 9m HP Ogres. (Auras/traps staggered for visibility)

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=3271

Finding that Enrage Aura keeps the trash fighting each other while they burn and electrocute to death. Doesn't seem like much when an orc melees other monsters for 200, but it really adds up when you have 6-8 orcs and 4-5 wyverns all cleaving each other instead of filling up your bubble zone with the ogres.

The aura stacks on the east and the north are specifically for wyverns. The Auras+trap on the right are actually put further north on the first floor, under the bridge and a little in front of the stairway. The main problem I have is having to pop Invisibility to repair the Proxy and Strength Drain in my aura zone when I hit Wave 11, so that definitely loses time. Gonna give it a go, and see about modifying it up a bit like so:

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=3274

Having better DPS and defense stats (320~ each) wouldn't hurt though. Getting to wave 13 though, I'm at the point where I'm seeing 60-70^ weapons drop. Now if only some of them would stop having an ammo-clip of 1-5 or a base damage in the double digits...