What happened trendy?

Up until yesterday i completly agreed with you. and no doubt about it i got my 15 dollars worth. but yesterday was a huge betrayal and mistake.

Whatever happened yesterday or the past days didn't make me enjoy the game any less. Super loot only makes the game easier, not more/less fun. Maybe the difference is that I don't care if people have better gear than I do. I play games for fun, not to be the best player ever or to have the best gear in the game. In fact, I enjoy not having the best gear in the game, because there are a few levels that are still a challenge to me, and that is what keeps the game entertaining to me.

Whatever happened yesterday or the past days didn't make me enjoy the game any less. Super loot only makes the game easier, not more/less fun. Maybe the difference is that I don't care if people have better gear than I do. I play games for fun, not to be the best player ever or to have the best gear in the game. In fact, I enjoy not having the best gear in the game, because there are a few levels that are still a challenge to me, and that is what keeps the game entertaining to me.

ayup that is a huge difference between you and I. I play the game to make my character the best he can be. I am a min maxer and have been for many years in every game i play.
now in this game half my toons are maxxed to loot no longer obtainable and the other half can't not be caught up not because i don't have the time to do so but because i no longer have the opportunity.

That being said the lie to me was more unforgivable than the nerf was. Several folks in the community stated it would be nerfed and jer said point blank it wouldn't. So i got all happy and doey eyed and believed him.

ayup that is a huge difference between you and I. I play the game to make my character the best he can be. I am a min maxer and have been for many years in every game i play.
now in this game half my toons are maxxed to loot no longer obtainable and the other half can't not be caught up not because i don't have the time to do so but because i no longer have the opportunity.

That seems to be your own fault and not Trendys. I on the other 500 hours into this game and still having fun.

That seems to be your own fault and not Trendys. I on the other 500 hours into this game and still having fun.

so they will kepe people like you and lose people like me.
If Trendy can live with that i guess so can i

You are ignorant, unintelligent and downright idiotic to listen to, and you are cheating your "friends" out of a great experience.

The game is still the same that they released, they changed some things, which is inevitable in any game these days.

tl;dr: You are stupid, and you shouldn't be allowed to pass judgement on anything.

he's cheating his friends out of frustration due to piss poor patching and game management you mean? I agree. The people that i had talked to and were gonna buy the game for xmas have now decided not to buy it. More power to them. Let them not face the dissapointments i've faced.

btw welcome to the whiners club friend :)

If 3,75$ for a game that will grant you a lot of hours of fun is too much for you, you might consider getting a job, or growing up and not depending on your allowance. Just saying...there are very few things that will provide so much fun for such a low price.

he's cheating his friends out of frustration due to piss poor patching and game management you mean? I agree. The people that i had talked to and were gonna buy the game for xmas have now decided not to buy it. More power to them. Let them not face the dissapointments i've faced.

btw welcome to the whiners club friend :)

Why stick around if you hate the game so much?

Seriously, this is easy one.

Normal process of buying a game...

> Find game > pay for game > play game > receive free patches that update the game (sometimes) > finish game > finish game again (optional - repeat till you get bored) > shelf game... its not hard.

Normal process - Dungeon Defenders

> Find game > pay for game > play game > receive free patches that update the game > finish all content > wait for DLC > buy DLC > finish new content (optional - repeat till you get bored) > shelf game ... its not hard.

Actual - Dungeon Defenders

> find game > pay for game > play game > find that you don't have many people to play with as the game is region locked > receive free patches > finish content (maybe) > receive free patches to enable people to finish content and play with other plays around the world > finish content (maybe) > get more patches to "balance" (repeat multiple times) > RAGE > more patching > more RAGE > find that you can't find people to play with even internationally > QUIT > Rage some more.... its that hard....

:)

Why stick around if you hate the game so much?

I am not playing the game atm.
I am reading the forums which is not the same. I am waiting to see if they fix this catastrophe.
During the day i also read several political web sites . Guess what i'm not going into politics either.
I keep up with the sports scores and read the sports news. Gues what? i do not play football anymore either.

Heh i hadnt heard about red faction armageddon being that much of a fail.

Perhaps not on console, but I wouldn't know. I got it for PC, and it wasn't at all pretty. All of the horror stories are still intact on their forums if you fancy a trip through Hell.

I wasn't even upset about it being an unplayable game 'till they pulled the rug out from under it and ran away laughing. I was prepared to wait for a patch that fixed it, then play it through and move on. Nope, Volition couldn't do that much, just "Oh well it's broke kthxbai."

Perhaps not on console, but I wouldn't know. I got it for PC, and it wasn't at all pretty. All of the horror stories are still intact on their forums if you fancy a trip through Hell.

I wasn't even upset about it being an unplayable game 'till they pulled the rug out from under it and ran away laughing. I was prepared to wait for a patch that fixed it, then play it through and move on. Nope, Volition couldn't do that much, just "Oh well it's broke kthxbai."

Fable 3 isnt quite as bad but its up there... numerous game breaking bugs still in it since release.

Fable 3 isnt quite as bad but its up there... numerous game breaking bugs still in it since release.

Isn't tht the game i saw advertised a lot on TV? where the girl said if you kill one more chicken?..ROFL thought that advert was so funny. actually i kinda wanted to try the game but was too involved into raiding at the time.

Isn't tht the game i saw advertised a lot on TV? where the girl said if you kill one more chicken?..ROFL thought that advert was so funny. actually i kinda wanted to try the game but was too involved into raiding at the time.

No idea. I just know that if you actually managed to get the the end of the game you were lucky.

I believe what happened is the hardcore crowd came. The game initially was based around the, I don't want to say casual since people are confused about it meaning, so I'll say social gamer instead.

Social gamers play to have fun, not to min-max their characters. That's really is Trendy problem. They are social gamers trying to add content for hardcore gamers.

Just look at uber moster fest. They found it impossible to beat so the loot drop fine. Turns out Hardcore players have no problem soloing it and getting all the new end game items, so they had to Nerf it since, it looks like they want the ^100 items to be the new end game stuff and hard to get.

No idea. I just know that if you actually managed to get the the end of the game you were lucky.

That's too bad. Honestly Since EQ i have not played anything but a MMO. this is the first non MMO i've tried. I found it just as fun and addicting as an mmo was withotu the hassle of having to log on at raid time and put up with pvp nerfs.
I really don't have a lot of experience with Indie games or games that you Put down after less than a gazillion hours played.
The patch frequency while a little weird to me i thought was cool because they were addressing launch concerns etc.

Jer was posting in the forums (which i thought was omfg) and i came to trust him because he was addressing players concerns directly as a lead dev. I thought it was so cool. Guess that's why i got my feelings hurt so badly.

After 6 years as a submariner you would think i'd have a thicker skin!