Apology to DunDef Community from Head Honcho

Im not exactly a pro in all things game-programming, but i think developer cheats like "kill entity under cursor" or "kill all on screen" have been used for like...no idea, predating "Doom" i guess for a reason.
Its really hard to formulate a constructive or helpful thought at the moment considering that everything has been said over and over again, but i suggest TE implement such a cheat for balancing tests in the future.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it is entirely necessary to make Trendy look like a total bunch of incompetent *ssholes that can't do f*ck all.

And easy way of preventing things like this, add a puplic test server, and let players test BEFORE patches go live.
No need to rush patches like you do now.

Rather see patches now and then that works, then patches often, that dosent work well.

[QUOTE]You are also assuming that the game designers:
A. Are the elitist players in the world.
B. Have unlimited time on their hands.
C. Intended for players to solo this.[/QUOTE]

I'm not assuming any of those things. I'm assuming that the developers have enough respect for the players to ensure that there is a win condition for the scenario before releasing it. I've played this game for about 5 days and I can solo this map. 50% of the people I played with before the patch were able to get to wave 12-13 and see uber loot. You're telling me that their testers are really that bad?

[QUOTE]Not many game designers can beat their own content... thus private test servers were born! Also I would like to add that they designed this around 8 players and thus probably didn't test it solo. I for one can say UMF is 10x easier solo than with 2-3 people and it doesn't start getting easier until you are up around 5-8 people and even then its hard to find that many people with good resists that don't die 5 times per wave.[/QUOTE]

Don't need private test servers to ensure that content is beatable. How do you think studios developed games for consoles back in the day?

[QUOTE]I am not saying they did a good job testing, I am just saying they probably did what they could with the resources they currently have and it seems their tactics are flawed thus maybe implementing some sort of senerio generator to test possibility's would be a great addition for their development plan.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they did what they could with the resources available but they need to learn to not release content until it is ready. If they don't have the resources to test the content the simple solution is to not release the patch.

Not in the slightest. DunDef is our lives ;)
-Jer

If thats so then why are you putting so much tone on killing it?
You see.... could you explain the logic for me here?
1. you release some ultra loot after testing
2. you then claim that you didnt intend to do it
3. thus then you take it back even tho you underline that in near future this will be accessible
4. so you do the nerf but leave all the already existing gear alone to piss off those who didnt get it yet

This somehow keeps on happening and happening again. You f*ck up your players at every step and every patch.
This is the third time i have to rebuild my chars i spent XX million mana on.
So let me ask this straight:
If DD is your life, then why are you constantly making changes that f*cks over your players whether its armor, pet, level, skill or whatever else? Why do you intend to kill your own game?

................................ really? What an ungrateful little *****, people like you disgust me. The guy apologies and what do you want? MORE? It seems nothing is good enough for you, and you said you were quitting yesterday, why are you still here? Go kill yourself already you ignorant **** sucker.

@rest of the community
Sorry for the offensive dialog, but people like this are absolutely disgusting.

You sir/ma'am need to take your meds

You sir/ma'am need to take your meds

ooooooh look who's back, thought you were quitting? So much for that I guess lol what an attention *****.

easy fix was up loot tables of all content from campaign/challange and survival..

Campaign/challange say loot 20% below UMF tables
survival 15% below UMF
survival mix mode 10% below UMF
and kept UMF the same.

So the gap can be closed between all gamers but now,
Only persons u screw with nerfing is the casual and less hardcore people....

So when nightmare hits the hardcore ppl will clear it and yet again the casual gamers are screwed...
I have DD on moslty all the time for afk shop, yesterday when i got home i read forums and saw patch 7.12d while i was still b version.
I coulda have done alot of uber runs i guess... But wouldnt fair and i dont care about

ooooooh look who's back, thought you were quitting? So much for that I guess lol what an attention *****.

I did quit. Haven't loaded up the game since it happened. However while reading political news etc i'm watching the commentary from Trendy Fanboi's like you.
Quitting the game doesn't mean i can't read the forums, post, etc. Also i'm still secretly hoping Trendy will come to their senses. I really did love the game. Spent a ton of time playing it.

Just because Jeremy betrayed us and embittered us does not mean we can not hope for redemption from him and the team.

It's like i said in another post. The game was great i got almost 500 hours out of playing it with my best friend. It was more than worth the 15 bucks i've invested into it. Yesterday was a sad day and a betrayal of major proportions by Jeremy.

Just because Jeremy betrayed us and embittered us does not mean we can not hope for redemption from him and the team.

No need to take this personally. The dev team made a mistake, but I hardly doubt they did it on purpose to annoy the players. That aside, I'm still baffled by their response. Considering they had the exact same thing happen in 7.10, you would think they would have tried something, anything different to avoid the same amount of whining from before.

Heck, easiest way imo is to increase the difficulty of UMF drastically so the loot drops are justified. Not only would that go with Jeremy's statement but it actually makes sense.

I just bought this game several days ago. First I bought it on Xbox, then I purchased it for my fiance on her Steam account, then I bought it on Steam for myself. This game is the best 15 dollar game I've ever played.

We haven't even made it past level 20 and we're having a great time. I already feel I got more than my money's worth.

My point is, I don't think your company (or you) should apologize for anything. Also, if you think it'll make the game better, nerf the hell out of anything you want. You've made an excellent game, and quite frankly, all this *****ing on this forum has surprised me. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

I just bought this game several days ago. First I bought it on Xbox, then I purchased it for my fiance on her Steam account, then I bought it on Steam for myself. This game is the best 15 dollar game I've ever played.

We haven't even made it past level 20 and we're having a great time. I already feel I got more than my money's worth.

My point is, I don't think your company (or you) should apologize for anything. Also, if you think it'll make the game better, nerf the hell out of anything you want. You've made an excellent game, and quite frankly, all this *****ing on this forum has surprised me. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Because they have not yet affected the aspect of the game you play you feel it's wrong for people who have had their gaming aspect affected to complain?
That's like a person who never takes the toll road saying that the people who do use the toll road have no right to complaign about toll increases because it does not affect you but does affect them.

We haven't even made it past level 20

No offense sir but u have no idea how painful is the endgame of DD, and how bad the hardcore players running it, have been really screwed with the last changes in 24 hours, so pl go back exping ur toon, run 1 months 100 survival mix, than go back to tell us again ur view on the game.

It's a 15 dollar game (probably about 25 with the DLC)...

To the two people that have replied to me: How many hundreds of hours of game play are you expecting for 25 dollars? What would satisfy you?

Also, I just saw a video of some of this "uber loot" people are *****ing about that was recently nerfed. That loot looked completely broken -- like hacked item broken. How could such broken items not ruin game play for you? I'm personally glad they've nerfed it. I don't like "I win buttons" in games I play.

To the two people that have replied to me: How many hundreds of hours of game play are you expecting for 25 dollars? What would satisfy you?

Also, I just saw a video of some of this "uber loot" people are *****ing about that was recently nerfed. That loot looked completely broken -- like hacked item broken. How could such broken items not ruin game play for you? I'm personally glad they've nerfed it. I don't like "I win buttons" in games I play.

Where as i see that loot and think omg the following content is gonna be really hard YaY another challenge to overcome.

Just stop posting. You are making yourself look more foolish with each word. You've already admitted you have only played the game to level 20.....Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. It's fantastic that you aren't pissed off and all, but don't come in here not knowing what's going on and tell others that they are out of line for being upset.

[QUOTE=ezkankekko;235519]

You are also assuming that the game designers:
A. Are the elitist players in the world.
B. Have unlimited time on their hands.
C. Intended for players to solo this.

Not many game designers can beat their own content... thus private test servers were born! Also I would like to add that they designed this around 8 players and thus probably didn't test it solo. I for one can say UMF is 10x easier solo than with 2-3 people and it doesn't start getting easier until you are up around 5-8 people and even then its hard to find that many people with good resists that don't die 5 times per wave.

I am not saying they did a good job testing, I am just saying they probably did what they could with the resources they currently have and it seems their tactics are flawed thus maybe implementing some sort of senerio generator to test possibility's would be a great addition for their development plan.

Sorry, that is absolutely flawed logic. You DO NOT release untested game content. You just don't! I am an associate game tester at Nintendo, and let me tell you, every last tiny little bit of a game needs to be tested before a game gets completed. The reason for it is obvious, because of stupid glitches that you wouldn't even think about, such as loot scaling too high.

There is NO NEED to rush content. Take your time, do it RIGHT the FIRST time, so you don't have to keep going back and fixing it over and over.

I'm not sure how many 'testers' they have but that doesn't matter. Their small number of testers cannot find every little glitch, break of game, or outcome of each possibility within the game. It's sad reading these forums and seeing all the whining. You all bought the game. You all spent tons of hours playing through the content. No one here should be upset of where this game is. This game is great. No one game is perfect in every way. If you find a glitch or something isn't working the way the developers intended, post a thread with what issue you found and maybe even a way of solving it. You don't need to have attitude. I don't see any of your names on the game title. I love this game even with all the issues that have come up. They listen to their users and submit fixes when issues have been identified. If you don't like where the game is going or the current state, just quit playing. QQ

I'm not sure how many 'testers' they have but that doesn't matter. Their small number of testers cannot find every little glitch, break of game, or outcome of each possibility within the game. It's sad reading these forums and seeing all the whining. You all bought the game. You all spent tons of hours playing through the content. No one here should be upset of where this game is. This game is great. No one game is perfect in every way. If you find a glitch or something isn't working the way the developers intended, post a thread with what issue you found and maybe even a way of solving it. You don't need to have attitude. I don't see any of your names on the game title. I love this game even with all the issues that have come up. They listen to their users and submit fixes when issues have been identified. If you don't like where the game is going or the current state, just quit playing. QQ

We aren't asking for EVERY little bug or glitch. That would be impossible.

Is it so hard to complete content you're releasing even once? A once-through of the uberfest would have shown the ludicrous amounts of ups on the items. They didn't even test all the towers, seeing as how the deadly striker flat-out did 0 damage.

yay thanks for telling me how to live my life and play games. You are giving opinion again and in doing so you think it negates the way others feel because it's how you feel.
Well guess what. We don't feel the same way about it that you do. If you don't like our suggestions/rants/whines etc then ignore them. We want the game fixed to how it was because we liked it that way. You on the other hand seem to like it no matter what is done to it so why should you care if it gets fixed back to how we liked it?

My bad, forgot posting was only for 12 year olds... Please disregard my previous statement.

My bad, forgot posting was only for 12 year olds... Please disregard my previous statement.

LOL so you try to insult me by calling me a 12yr old in fact by acting like a 12 year old.
Your rebuttal could have included in any form why your response was cogent and pertinent to the discussion.
You could have come up with a reason why i was wrong.
Instead you regressed to saying i am 12years old and therefore not to be taken seriously because my mental faculties are obviously still not developed to the point of adding to a discussion.