Character limit?

How many characters can you have total, both for Local/Unranked and on TrenyNet? Is there a hard limit on the number of characters you can create?

I've got a hybrid monk and tower spec huntress in local. I want to make a DPS monk and huntress, and also want to eventually try out squire and apprentice. Then there's also those two locked classes (probably future DLC?) that I'm sure I will want to make eventually too. How will that work?

From what I've noticed : Ranked / open matches have different set of characters. Was it 6 boxes? I'm not sure, that's the limit I think. Basically if you fill the BOXES with characters when you're prompted to select a character it's pretty much it. I might be wrong :P but ranked / and the other type of game has diff character slots.

Well I'm aware of that local and Trendynet characters are separate, which is why I specified for both in my original question.

So six "boxes" as in pages? That's like, 4 characters per page so 24 characters total, 48 if you count both Trendynet and local? (Although, I'm assuming with local you if you wanted over 24 you could just backup your save file and start a new one, then when you want to switch back to your old characters you just swap the saves... no shared item box between the saves and can't switch to characters from a different save between fights, but technically I guess you could have unlimited local characters)