World Wide AFK Shops is not working

Hey Admins And players,
I opened an AFK shop and told my 3 friends to join in.
first one live in Germeny
second one live in USA
third one live in Spain.

none of them could manage to find my shop.

then I ask my israeli friend to search the AFK shop in the list and he success to find it.

please fix this.

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
Same problem here... i asked like... 20 friends to look for my game, just one of them could find it.
I cant get any people to browse my shop since they cant find it on the list
NEED IT FIXED ASAP

Ya i've heard on the boards about the market being flooded with 250^ stuff....i can only find that kinda stuff in my shop...my duo partners shop and the USD stores lol...

i never managed to understand how would it work anyway
even b4, after you search a item and find it on XXXs shop how can you reach it? there was no option for going there and mosta likely the shop will be in another region so how to reach him?

I'm noticing this as well. I host a shop and every few hours i may get 1-2 people where normally I would get that in 10 minutes.
Seems random as well as once today I hosted I had a lot of people joining. Didn't do anything different.

noticing too that I cannot find several AFK shops I find on DD store wile if I contact the owner and friend them I can enter.

Usually not being able to see another person's game is due to one of the following

1) overly restrictive firewall software
2) Different game versions (this happens a lot around the time of a patch.

Usually not being able to see another person's game is due to one of the following

1) overly restrictive firewall software
2) Different game versions (this happens a lot around the time of a patch.

No, the game still has region locking. All I ever see is a few, less than 5, games and shops with garbage gear.

ok... well...
I can see ****load of shops on my list, but noone can see mine.
AND NO ITS NOT ABOUT FILTERS. im doin everything right, i know it, cuz i hosted it on other computers and it worked, ppl had it on their list, but when i host it on mine comp they seem no to see it anymore...
im starting to loose my nerves, its kinda annoying that i cant take part in dd's market.

3 days now I've tried to use the shop. I've never changed anything on my computer yet no one can see my shop. Haven't sold a single item.

3 days now I've tried to use the shop. I've never changed anything on my computer yet no one can see my shop. Haven't sold a single item.

Exactly the same problem here.
Well, we are not getting it fixed any soon i predict...

If you change your download location in the steam client options you can visit other shop regions.

Painful solution, but you can try asking your friends to all use the same server.

I can never join the shops listed in defendersstore.com. They simply do not exist in the list. Only after adding the owner as a friend on Steam, I can join him directly. Some owners are even being smarter and joining a public channel so you can join the channel and right click him. But the shop list that I see must be region locked because I really can't see all the shops from the site.

Agreed, something's quite wrong there, people can never find my shop somehow...

... which would mean, until now I thought there were 10 games and 100 shops open, but the truth might be... 10 games and 1000 shops? Nnnnnnnice. ;-/

I hope they get this one fixed. If I create a normal custom game and idle in tavern I have people joining in in a matter of minutes. If I host an afk shop nobody joins _ever_ even though I get plenty of friend requests from the defendersstore.

changing your steam client's region will let you see more shops / games. Dungeon Defenders is still as region locked as it ever was.

If i connect to NYC i get quite a few games... Philly, i get less then 5 games and rarely ever more. DC the number scales wildly.

Im just boggled as to why this wasn't at the top of their list of things to do. I know a lot of people are angry with not having games to play. if i search for nightmare games.. ill find 1~ if im lucky.

If you change your download location in the steam client options you can visit other shop regions.

Painful solution, but you can try asking your friends to all use the same server.

I changed my thing off of Seattle (Comcast) to Seattle and it seems to have fixed it. Came back after 3 hours and had money.

• 2 weeks later...
changing your steam client's region will let you see more shops / games. Dungeon Defenders is still as region locked as it ever was.

If i connect to NYC i get quite a few games... Philly, i get less then 5 games and rarely ever more. DC the number scales wildly.

Im just boggled as to why this wasn't at the top of their list of things to do. I know a lot of people are angry with not having games to play. if i search for nightmare games.. ill find 1~ if im lucky.

Ahhh Ok I didn't realize the region-locking was so specific! I have my Steam Download Location set to Chicago, I think (which is closest), but only ever see ~10 games or shops in my lists. May switch it to NYC (or Seattle mentioned above?) and see if that improves. Does anyone happen to know what the most popular Download Location is? I.E., what should I set it to to maximise the number of games / shops that show up in my list?

Having the same issue - can't find the majority of the shops that are online from Defendersstore