Can't player Uber Monster Fest

Anyone else having this issue?

I own all the DLC packs (Including the Extra Heros DLC), but when I try to play Uber Monster Fest all I have is a "Get" button which brings me to the "Dungeon Defenders New Heroes DLC" page.

I've tried restarting steam/computer, and verified all files, but still nothing.

I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot.

In your Steam library, right click on your game and click on properties. From there, click on the Local Content tab, then click the Verify Integrity button.

Let me know if it helps!

I'm having this same exact issue ive re-downloaded and installed my game Did what atma suggested and still nothing is working idk what to do now ive tried everything i could think of and there is about 5 threads abotu this a none of which were responded to by anyone with any knowledge of a fix

Still no fix for this? I'd really like to play this map since it seems the only one worth doing for gear now, and I'm not a fan of pugs.

I posted in the Tech support section also, but no one ever seems to respond to them.

So glad someone had the time to move this post to a section that's never read, but wont give any insight to how this can be fixed. There is essentially no point to playing anything but this map, and there exists a bug that doesn't allow some of us to play it :\

...we're looking into it. Does the rest of your DLC work?

(also this forum DOES get read by the people who actually work on the fixes and can help with them, which is why the moderators move stuff from General to here).

...we're looking into it. Does the rest of your DLC work?

(also this forum DOES get read by the people who actually work on the fixes and can help with them, which is why the moderators move stuff from General to here).

But does the console forum get read this much? most likely not...are you all doing anything to fix this? let me guess...looking into it? /sigh

yes all my other DLC works but i must say one other thing is off with DLC with me i oddly have 2 of the 4 new warping cores and i never bought that DLC ist the only 1 i do not own and i found that odd.

All my DLC works, I can make and play the gender swapped chars. I can play all the other DLC maps fine (Halloween/Warping cores/Turkey).

One thing I have found strange is when I view the DLC packs through steam, when I look at the Warping core pack for e.g, it recognizes me as having the DLC pack. As shown in the screenshot:

But when I view the Hero Pack DLC I get this:

I don't know if this is a steam problem or not, reinstalling steam did nothing. I sent an e-mail to steam the other day regarding the matter, but have yet to get a response. (I bought the Hero DLC pack when it was on special if that makes any difference)

I have purchased the Hero DLC Pack and can create and play the gender swapped chars just fine, so the game must be doing two different kind of checks when it comes to seeing if a player has the DLC or not. Perhaps the character creation is checking the game internally, and the map selection is checking steam. I'm not sure but that's the only reason I can think of that makes sense.

Please try and get a fix for this if possible, there is only half a day left of the weekend here in Aus :(

Edit: Oh good, the loot is being nerfed and I didn't even get a change to play the map... 7.10 all over again

yeah it seems that since its not a large group of people they put this issue on the back burner. Not being an *** just seems this way i have been waiting for a response and "Were looking into it" is all any game in the history of forever says.

I own all the correct DLC, i have re-installed re-downloaded, checked all the files 3 times as well as repaired them, and still nothing.

Yeah, it really annoys me that a solution wasn't found before the loot was nerfed. Now its not possible for those that missed out to catch up to the gear level of those that did get to play. So there is essentially no point in playing until the next big content patch when the loot playing field is level again.

At least with the 7.10 brief super loot window, people that missed out had to option to farm "oh so super fun 6+ hour survival maps" to catch up in gear level. Now there is absolutely no option to catch up at all.

um that's all i can still do since no UMF odd how we still have to reply even after i read a thread that said the Tech/ Support forums aren't forgotten...... Cause i feel pretty forgotten right now lol

Any reply would be nice, even if it's just:

-"this affects too little people for us to make this a priority"
or
-"we don't know how to fix it"
or
-"it's a steam side issue that we can't do anything about"
or
-"we found what's wrong, its being fixed next patch"

The game obviously knows I have the Hero DLC pack, or it wouldn't let me create the new heroes. It's just failing the check when selecting the Uber Monster Fest map.

_________

In the game code, where the game checks your DLC pack when making a new hero:

if (hasHeroPackDLC()){
//show "create hero" button
}else{
//show "get" button - redirects to steam DLC
}

must be different when on the map selection screen:

if (hasHeroPackDLC_2()){
//show "play map" button
}else{
//show "get" button - redirects to steam DLC
}

Can the map selection just not be changed to use the same check?

Have you tried playing it with someone else hosting first and then you try after that? This mode isn't DLC so it's a ye bit odd that this is happening.

I can join the map if someone else is hosting, but there are rarely any games up that I can see, and I'm not a fan of Pugs.

I can join the map if someone else is hosting, but there are rarely any games up that I can see, and I'm not a fan of Pugs.

Yeah I was thinking more or less just getting the map to load and then going out and trying again. And you are on the latest patch correct?

version 7.12d

I have had a friend create the map for me and I've joined his, but even after doing so mine still just has a "Get" button which brings me to the Hero DLC Pack. I still think the most likely cause is due to my steam not registering me as having the DLC pack (even though I do), and its been almost three days since I emailed steam about it with no response yet.

I have a friend that is in this situation. I believe he just bought the dlc's again being they were 75% off. but I haven't asked to be certain of it.

I have a friend that is in this situation. I believe he just bought the dlc's again being they were 75% off. but I haven't asked to be certain of it.

if this "IS" the case that's complete bull****..... we've been waiting 3 days now to get a fix and if we're "forced" to re-buy DLC we have already purchased that's just sad...