Did you even test this game?!

Since it came out 2 days ago you already aplied 2 patches! And most people cant even play now. It seems we have paid for a beta game this is stupid. When I buy a game I should expect it to work.

Since it came out 2 days ago you already aplied 2 patches! And most people cant even play now. It seems we have paid for a beta game this is stupid. When I buy a game I should expect it to work.

Imagine what it would be like playing the game in beta considering this is the final release. lol. Beta was probably just images in an application window.

When I buy a game I should expect it to work.

You must not buy that many games lately then. :D

I've bought games that didn't work and that got the first patch after two weeks.

This one will be perfect in that timespan.

did u know how many idie games at steam have those problems? but the different, trendyteam do this hole time ... other devs do this side by her normal job ... so give this game some days ... and many updates are good and dont seems that devs have no idea what they do or test the game not enough ...

I have been playing fine, yes I had a couple of minor issues, but I have experienced no major faults with the game.

Actually, it's now three (3) patches. :p

I've already been bitten by the missing levels bug. Then my game crashed and they all came back. If that's not weird, I don't know what is. Usually people lose things when that happens. I still get some major gaming lag during the game that seems to be caused by something on my PC sending data or checking for something online during game-play. Not sure if it's Dungeon Defenders itself or something else on my PC but it only seems noticeable while playing Dungeon Defenders so it's a recent thing either way as none of my other games have been showing this behavior.

Personally, I'm happy they're fixing things at a decent pace. I'm reminded of Magica when it came out. They were doing the same thing (hourly/daily patches) and in the end, it was a pretty good run for the money, so to speak. Except this time I have a friend who plays along with me to keep things interesting. :) We live for co-op games.

We're reminded of Trenched (Xbox360) in a way with it's up-close and personal vs. tower defense style. Except that game had rewards at the end instead of looted items in the game itself. We loved Trenched and Dungeon Defenders carries on in the same vein. :)

Might and Magic Heroes VI came out last week, the vast majority of players couldn't even load the game. The few people that could suffered so many graphical errors and crashes that the game wasn't even playable. It took two days for an official to post on the forums saying they were 'looking into it'. The community had already fixed the problem, so fortunately we were able to play, but quite frankly this is a pretty successful launch and the game is running quite smoothly. I myself am suffering from levels I've completed missing, but I'm fortunate to have been co-oping with my girl and she's hosting now.

yes they def tested the game. even have videos of them doing tests and showing the game off. but since its a indie game dev. and being released to the gen pop. its hard to get every single bug before release. so many ppl have major different systems so its to be expected. yes some ppl are more affected then others. but it even happens with big game companys too. just be patient and the game will be patched again. and again. and again. just like all other games. just be grateful that their actually patching the game as quickly as they are and not having to wait weeks just to play a game after release. (titans quest anyone?) and it seems that if something major happens on the ranked chars they compensate you too so they actually show that they care about the consumers by patching the games and the compensations. id say by tomorrow this issue we are having will be dealt with. i personally am happy. if i really wanted to i can play local with no problems. its much better then the mobile version. less lag. better graphics. faster game play.

If they patch they should patch for everyone. It seems Steam autopatches and others who already playing while patch became live didnt update. Now I cannot join a single game before getting an error. If you apply patches you should give a warning in screen that in for example 3 hours the game shuts down to allow everyone to patch.

Just look at WoW for example they patch on wednesdays in europe. You cant log in untill they fixed stuff. This way mixed people dont occure where some have patched and others dont.

This is according to info I read on this site

most people cant even play now

The amount of self-importance and gall necessary to make such sweeping (and false) assumptions is hilarious.

You are not "most people." Get over yourself.

i am steam and i still get an error. the dundefapachefile error. but i can still play. i can host fine. i can play local fine. and i see tons of ppl online too. its just a matter of finding that right person to join so you can play co-op atm. and they said they are working on having it so that the others will be updated along with steam. just right now steam is the easiest i believe. the devs mentioned it in a post somewhere. ithink a sticky. in the near future all will patch the same.

If they patch they should patch for everyone. It seems Steam autopatches and others who already playing while patch became live didnt update. Now I cannot join a single game before getting an error. If you apply patches you should give a warning in screen that in for example 3 hours the game shuts down to allow everyone to patch.
This is according to info I read on this site

Just close your Steam and reopen it. The patch download should start, and you should be fine. This is a Steam thing, not a problem of Trendy. Be glad that they patch that often, it really could be worse ;)

I've been able to play fine, and the patches are only making things better. The biggest problem is disconnecting, and that's to be expected during the launch of any popular title.

Wait are you complaining about them improving their game? I'm sorry you must be new to gaming, issues are to be expected, if it was as bad as the game RAGE where a lot, and I mean a lot, of ati users have tons of problem even running the game, then I would understand, but this is just silly.

Just close your Steam and reopen it. The patch download should start, and you should be fine. This is a Steam thing, not a problem of Trendy. Be glad that they patch that often, it really could be worse ;)

It says I got v7.03 but I never downloaded anything. I can open steam or dungeon defenders as much as I want nothing happens.

God, how's this a beta in your eyes? You gotta be kidding or you got no ways to "offend" the developers. Seriously this game is nowhere near the beta, not to mention it'll still get content.

The disconnects are because of the massive connections... when such a game releases on steam it is gonna be like that in the first days till it's all settled because of the massive population.

That has nothing to do with the game being possible tagged as a beta game, that's just a main server issue.

I'm nearly sure the devs tested the game before launch, you would think they did didn't they!