Make tower stats scale better

I think that if we get tower damage and health and so forth up really high it should ramp up, not down. If we want to sacrifice DPS on our character by upping our weapon's "tower damage" instead of attack damage, we should be allowed to. As it is now, you can't have really awesome towers. Even in the really high tower stats, you still NEED to have that dps on your character to deal with the million hp ogres!

You realize that your character is a part of the combat wave for a reason, right?

Let's brainstorm reasons why that might be...

Meh, diminishing returns is a good thing. Keeps stats in check, encourages more distribution of points. Just my opinion.

Yes. But you can run around, repair, etc. You shouldn't HAVE to level up the damage stat, you should be able to level up tower stats and still get through the waves.

Even in the really high tower stats, you still NEED to have that dps on your character to deal with the million hp ogres!

1. Get weapon with High Element damage
2. Upgrade weapon
3. Kill Ogres in seconds
4. Your argument is invalid.

How does that invalidate my argument? I'm saying if you want to you should be able to upgrade your weapon to boost towers without making it impossible to kill ogres. Sure, you could up the elemental damage, but that is the same problem. After a certain point there is no reason to up your tower stats, especially not on a weapon. For the most part, any upgrades not put into weapon damage are "wasted" which doesn't seem right.

Not responding to anyone's arguments but I'm in favor of diminished returns as well. They aren't even that diminished anyway. If they took away diminished returns then the people looking for groups to play with would have even higher requirements than currently.

I dislike diminishing returns. Why not just cap the hero pts lower b4 they diminish. While 70 is better than 50, if doesn't get the job done much better than 50, why go 70 at all? In affect, the stats are already soft capped and adding more in some stats is just wasteful. Either make those 20 pts mean something, or cap the sucker and save us 70k mana =/

Sure, we want "uniqueness" however we are already being funnelled to "correct hybrid builds" with diminishing returns and trying to maximize the effect of stat pts. IDK... but it keeps me up at night =/

Or a better option. Choose not to spend those 20 points, save yourself 70k mana and make a build that you find suitable ;) Just sayin'.

Or a better option. Choose not to spend those 20 points, save yourself 70k mana and make a build that you find suitable ;) Just sayin'.

Thing is, they give you the option to waste the points... I see what you're saying. Power to the players... but the system is already designed where if you start using pts that have diminishing returns "you're doing it wrong". Why even allow for ppl to set themselves up for failure? We would have less questions about stat pt spread if stats were capped and actual builds were in reference to equipment only.

It just seems like a flawed concept. We can put 40 points straight into physical or elemental damage, and own face, but if we put those 40 points into tower damage, it makes negligible difference. Either increase the amount gained per investment or remove the steep curve, so that if you do get your tower points into the 500s then it makes a significant difference over having them in the 100s.