Dark Elf Warrior revamp

So there's this mob that's superfast, can jump tall towers in a singlebound, has a high chance to slip through traps and auras, has incredibly scaling health, and can deal a great amount of damage in less than a second.

Was just in a Medium Uberfest and realized that, while the challenge itself could use a revamp, these warriors need some fixing. The damage is fine, but when the health scales, it just makes them a really fast orc. When they ignore traps without sprinting, there's not much defense against them unless your a superloot geared hero standing in a strength drain/heal aura combo with a fairy pet ...

Warriors at this point are really just ninjas when they're made acrobatic and super-fast. Either keep the health and damage but reduce their speed, or reduce their health drastically but keep the damage. Giving DE Warriors both just makes things frustrating rather than challenging.

P.S.
(Superfast DE Warrior in Uberfest) + ( 8 or more ninjas )= Dark Elf Warrior wall.
DE Warrior Wall + 8 player lagfest = frustrating new challenge
DE Warrior Wall + lag + 150k+ health per warrior (Medium difficulty) = impossible to break out of wall sans uberweapon that does AoE 200k per hit.
Incoming GG ...

DEW surely bugged. I can accept their attack power (but still can't figure why they hit harder than giant ogre). I can accept their speed (but still, phasing through any defence ignoring auras and traps looks more like bug). But having overboarding amount of HP is stupid. There are golden rule of enemies in games - they can be strong, fast and tough. But not at the same time. Any enemy should have weakness. DEWs have none.

My suggestions:
- Set their HP to little more than DE archers/mages have.
- Make them vulnerable to traps and auras during dash and leap.

This 'll be enough to stop players whining, while they still 'll be good player killers.

• 2 weeks later...
DEW surely bugged. I can accept their attack power (but still can't figure why they hit harder than giant ogre). I can accept their speed (but still, phasing through any defence ignoring auras and traps looks more like bug). But having overboarding amount of HP is stupid. There are golden rule of enemies in games - they can be strong, fast and tough. But not at the same time. Any enemy should have weakness. DEWs have none.

My suggestions:
- Set their HP to little more than DE archers/mages have.
- Make them vulnerable to traps and auras during dash and leap.

This 'll be enough to stop players whining, while they still 'll be good player killers.

Heeeey, I wasn't whining, just raising the issue about the "Golden Rule of Enemies" in a less elegant manner. Phasing through blockades is a good point though; why have them phase through blocks when you've given them acrobatics, Trendy? Kind of a derp idea there since they can already cover an entire UMF map in a few seconds. Are these dark elf warriors, or are they elite dark elf warriors from the future with time travel and ghost abilities?

DEWs are much less of a threat post 7.11 as compared to before when their higher tower targeting affinity caused them to 1-shot defenses and crystals on high wave survivals. Seeing that DEWs are intended as an anti-player mechanic, I really think they should stay the way they are.

DEWs are much less of a threat post 7.11 as compared to before when their higher tower targeting affinity caused them to 1-shot defenses and crystals on high wave survivals. Seeing that DEWs are intended as an anti-player mechanic, I really think they should stay the way they are.
That's fine. Just make them a little more squishy.

Trendy made a move in the right direction by giving players a much higher priority. They need to take this further and make DEW simply only attack players if one is on the map anywhere.

DEWs cannot harm crystals (try standing next to one and making them cleave it). If they did, that would be game breaking since they can already traverse the map unhampered. As of the time of this posting, I've gathered enough gear to fend off DEWs while in strDrn + heal auras, however it's still frustrating when you're a ranged character trying to escape a DEW wall while having a DEW bounce on your head preventing you from jumping out of said wall.

Lots of little hiccups with DEW design here and there. Guess only time will tell if they get a better workup, else I cringe for what they're like in Nightmare.

Trendy made a move in the right direction by giving players a much higher priority. They need to take this further and make DEW simply never attack a player if one is on the map anywhere.
You mean never attack a tower if a player is on the map anywhere?

You mean never attack a tower if a player is on the map anywhere?

Yeah you're right. My bad I edited it. Been writing too many term papers so I have no idea what I'm writing anymore.