Just curious, do traps have a "shots per second" cap?

Granted the only traps that would really benefit from a lack of SPS cap is proximity mine trap and ethereal spike trap, but still..

this sounds like something to be tested with the dddk. In a real game, if there is a cap I doubt you'll ever reach it.

No cap, but the falloff is extremely hardcore and makes any kind of rapid fire proxy/ethereal build unrealistic.
As well, you'd need tons of health which makes it even more impossible to pull off.

Some stats for ya..

0 points in trap reset speed

100 points in trap reset speed

600 points in trap reset speed - not too hard to get

1000 points in trap reset speed - near the max possible at the moment

And of course.. the impossible(well, at least until nightmare comes out) - 99999 points in trap reset speed

Just now realizing that I could have just said it was capped and not been lying too much :)

You didn't test using huntress guardian? I know the guardian does affect the trap reset.

It's more concrete to just use numbers. But you could throw the guardian on after testing with 99999 skill just to see how low it goes, and laugh.

Also, different traps scale at different rates. I imagine they have similar diminishing returns, but it's still important to note.

Realistically you aren't going to get below ~3 seconds for Proximity Trap, ~4 seconds for Inferno Trap or ~3.5 seconds for Ethereal Spike Trap.

Those are rough estimates anyway, you might get a little (read 0.1-0.5) lower towards 200 Reset Speed but its not worth the investment. I generally get to 0.25s inferno trap effect rate and leave it if I can.