Huntress and Apprentice Guardian, whose better for overall situations?

Hey guys, I have been trying to figure out which guardian of the 2 would seem fit for everyday situations rather than "SPECIAL" situations. What do you guys think? I'll give several scenarios to help you decide better as well. We ALL know, for those who tried, that a equal potency apprentice guardian with a huntress guardian, the apprentice wins hands down. But when put to battle, who reigns?

Your doing Magus Quarters on Mixed Insane survival. Your using auras at each of the 3 chokepoints. You use apprentice towers. We'll just use my friends build and stats for this example, where the crystal is, 2 fireball towers at each side, and 2 magic missile towers at each side.

BOTH SITUATIONS BELOW HAS ALL TOWERS AT MAXED UPGRADES(3-STAR).

Let's say the fireball towers does 11k each hit at 0.33 seconds and magic missile towers at 3.5k each hit at .11 seconds.
With an apprentice guardian, the fireball will hit for 45kish each hit at 0.33 and mmt at 17kish at .11.
With the huntress guardian, the fireball will hit at 11k each hit at 0.11 seconds and mmt at 3.5k each hit at .04 seconds.

Who's contributing more? the apprentice or huntress guardian? and who is better overall in everyday situations?

Another situation, but with Squire towers this time, at Magus quarters On Mixed Insane Survival. Needed auras at certain chokepoints. 2 ballista at each side next to the crystal and 1 each at the two diagonals. With a grand total of 8 ballistas.
Let's say the ballista does 16k each hit at .45 seconds.
With an apprentice guardian, the ballista is hitting for 64k each hit at .45 seconds.
With an huntress guardian, the ballista is hitting for 16k each hit at .15 seconds.

Who's contributing more? the apprentice or huntress guardian? and who is better overall in everyday situations?

Towers have SPS caps on them. Towers don't have damage caps on them.

It's quite simple, really.

Actually, do traps have an SPS cap?

It's quite clear that ricebowl has no idea what he is talking about or has never used a huntress guardian.

Not sure who's better on overall situations but I prefer app, making death towers/auras/traps is great fun.

The attack speed/hunter guardian is great in combination I find, but unless you're doing something easyish with lots of mobs that get one shotted, I'd say go with the app.

How does this interact with mob targeting in-game?

It interacts faster, isn't that a given? Anyway, you seem to be confused, so I'll spell it out for you, the faster attack speed it has the faster it can kill and the quicker it moves on.

Compare if you will a deadly striker tower and a magic missile tower. Ignoring the range, the shooting through walls, one clearly fires faster than the other and moves onto it's next target quicker. This allows more kills, and hence it is more efficent in it's job..

Huntress is great for displacement towers, ie Bowling Ball and Bouncer. They're also good for Deadly Strikers to cut down on overkill, compared to Apprentice-boosted DST. Apprentice is vastly superior on traps and auras. Rest are about even. Since traps and auras are really popular now, while the three towers I mentioned aren't, Apprentice wins easily.

my vote goes to apprentice guardian for the time being. reason is because the projectiles from towers fire so godawful slow that by the time they reach the target, the target has moved. if the shots anticipated where the target will be (much like they do in assault), then i'd vote for huntress.

seriously, nerf mage towers in assault, they're so OP. my MM don't knockback :(

What if the cap is 0.02? :P and you just reached it.

I believe this to be the case, as my friend also "coincidentally" reaches 0.02 attack rate with his Huntress Guardian.

So...

lol.
This very well may be the case, all joking aside.

I believe this to be the case, as my friend also "coincidentally" reaches 0.02 attack rate with his Huntress Guardian.

So...

lol.
This very well may be the case, all joking aside.

Granted 50 shots a second is an extremely large damage multplier..

Granted 50 shots a second is an extremely large damage multplier..

haste has increasing returns, etc. problem is, a huge majority of those shots will be wasted due to the slow bullets. it's something i first noticed on open with a squire in modded gear.

haste has increasing returns, etc. problem is, a huge majority of those shots will be wasted due to the slow bullets. it's something i first noticed on open with a squire in modded gear.

Though it works well enough on two of the most dangerous enemies: Warriors (cause they come close to the towers extremely fast anyway, and larger than average) and Ogres (cause they're big and slow). Also, a harpoon (or cannonball) that's set to just fire straight regardless works well too.

yea enemies that stay point blank get ripped apart with huntress. its stuff like wyverns that still manage to leak through the hail of missing bullets, in which case an apprentice guardian fares better.

Trash mobs = Huntress guardian
Mobs which don't die in a single hit = Apprentice guardian.

But overall its down to your own opinion, each to their own.

Huntress buff is wasted on more things than apprentice. Non-lightning auras, and spike barricades. Most people who run challenges use ensnare aura and strength drain. Apprentice buff is more effective on slice and dice barriers and lightning towers, because of the odd way they use the rate of fire stat. I think huntress buff is more fun, though. Watching stuff fire like machine guns. Oh yeah, huntress guardian is generally more effective on spike and proxy traps, which usually have enough damage anyway.

Apprentice for general purposes, given that most things don't have an attack speed rate (traps, auras, spike barricades ). Huntress is good if someone else already has an apprentice guardian. It's hard to compare when the app can affect anything that's not a magic barricade to good effect, whereas the huntress one can't suddenly break out 4-5k electric auras (does it increase the tick speed? if it made it like .1, I'd consider getting one). Another issue is in higher waves of survival mix mode. People told me I'd get one-shotted under my drain strength aura with my 30% resists. I don't think a 4% drain strength has ever let that happen.

And yes, spike barricades work out better than I'd thought in regards to the apprentice guardian. Ticking off for 8k/whack while warriors run into it works out better than I'd thought. I was going to make a post to make spike and magic barricades not affected by guardians, but it's come in handy on the former more than one (the latter needs to be fixed though, only squire should affect it).

In my eyes its quite simple - the app guardian.

Why? It has more the less the same effect on dps - x3 - but, heres the catch - doesnt waste its effect as often as the huntresses' cause it effects more kinds of "towers". Ensnare, StrDrain etc. are very nice if pushed by factor 3, no effect from the hguard.

Where the hguard shines is, when another player already has a aguard. Two aguards wouldnt stack, but aguard and hguard do in an insanly effective way.

Fireball-tower for example...
12K unbuffed... ...40.1k using my aguard, 41.3 using my hguard, both 137k - thats factor 11

-> and they hit 5 towers each, effectivly creating an effect of 250 extra DU.
Thats quite nice though through the waves the intensity of spawns from certain spawnpoints fluctuates, and the boost can be applied whereever its needed.

If they ever implement an immunity to things that receive no benefit, than huntress guardians will be worth a lot more. And I won't be so frustrated after putting magic barriers on some maps.

@kamahl: Traps are affected, the huntress guardian greatly reduces the reset time on them. If you're creative you can use this in strategies that wouldn't work before.

@kamahl: Traps are affected, the huntress guardian greatly reduces the reset time on them. If you're creative you can use this in strategies that wouldn't work before.

While I admit the thought of having 30k explosions every half second sounds awesome, the 90k explosions seem more useful for when a warrior shows up, without having to rapidly drain the life out of them. I realize that repairing them is easy, but given how much I solo mixed survival, repairing everything while keeping mobs from building up in the auras is a hectic thing. I'm working at it, but the cost of maxing a giraffe and 50^ armor is a bit high (mainly so the traps hopefully don't need to dual detonate to kill those end-wave warriors WHILE the app is buffing them). This is in regards to my traptress, my deepstress is... well, I'm putting points into repair speed now purely for this strategy, so take that as you will.

Yeah for survival runs I'd prefer an app guardian, stuff gets so many hit points. I usually run with a fairy though.

Yeah for survival runs I'd prefer an app guardian, stuff gets so many hit points. I usually run with a fairy though.

If I'm using auras and traps I use Apprentice. But for towers App/Squire I go huntress. It's funny to watch. But agreed I usually run with Zamira Godlike.

Squire Guardian on your main repairing character works well, so if you're usually that guy or actually have a good team in place. I'd suggest that, though App would lend to more situations then Huntress in my opinion.

Apprentice Guardian, hands down. More damage is always useful, and it works on everything but Magic Barriers, Gas Traps, and Darkness Traps (for obvious reasons). Yea, there's overkill on trash mobs, but you can never have enough DPS against the Special Units (within' our current stat limitation anyways)!

Huntress Guardian also wastes a crapton of the extra shots on ranged towers because their is no kill predictability. This means that the towers will keep firing at a target until it is dead, not until there are enough bullets that are predicted to hit it and kill it. Unless you have a situation where you towers are in line with a spawn, the shots are often wasted. The only situation in which Huntress might be more useful are Bowling Ball Towers and Bumpers, but this is quickly negated when you figure that they are mostly detrimental to Strength Drain Aura, Slow Aura, Electric Aura (sorta), Proximity Mines, Darkness Traps (lol), and all Barricades.

I would almost say that Monk Guardians are more useful in some situations, given the Aura/Trap game play currently.