Trendy What Is the Gameplan With All The Hackers?

So I was in my Tav yesterday upgrading my gear, when someone joined and started observing my hero. The conversation went something like this...

Him: So you're a hacker right?

Me: Sorry?

Him: You're a hacker, I wont report.

Me: What are you talking about?

Him: Your gear is suspect...

Me: I just farmed this in Mix Survival last night.

Him: Sure ya did. *He disconnects

This upsets me, why? Because I have 550 hours spent with this game, and being accused of hacking only shows how much Trendy has dragged their feet when it comes to this issue.

What's the point of playing if everyone else can hack there way to the best gear? Why should I even play anymore if everyone assumes my gear isn't legit?

-Ban The USD Store Idiots-

These people are the scum of the Earth and need to get real jobs. Ban these morons, they don't play the game at all. They just sit in shops creating misleading headlines and then drop the USD only line on you right when you're interested in a piece of armor or weapon. They feed into the corruption of this game.

-Fix The Mana Exploit Already-

-What Is The Plan Exactly? Or That's Just It, You Have None...-

It's about time you level with us, do you have any plans of stopping these hackers in general?
Like the Hex number hackers or the Wave skipping ones? Because if not, it's been a fun run, but I think I'm moving on until Dungeon Defenders 2 is released hopefully with these issues resolved.

And being extremely good at an FPS game gets you accused of hacking as well. Just a fool who is either trying to get on your nerves, or is really that stupid. Not a whole lot a game company can do about 'stupid'.

Right i agree with the lad above me about the fps part also if you hate that exploit so badly why in fu name post it on the forum? now 100 more players know about it GJ

Edit:

Also wen the fix this exploit a nother 1 will pop up and afther that a nother 1 etc etc Exploits ar there and will always be there

lmao@ MrBob

Im sorry this happened to you but its true there is not much they can do about stupid. I got accused of hacking on Battlefield bad company 2 on the ps3 when i dont even know where to even try to hack a system. Just boot fools like that from your game

And being extremely good at an FPS game gets you accused of hacking as well. Just a fool who is either trying to get on your nerves, or is really that stupid. Not a whole lot a game company can do about 'stupid'.

Hacking is hardcore rampant in this game. People are suspicious because Trendy refuses to take actions to stop them.

Right i agree with the lad above me about the fps part also if you hate that exploit so badly why in fu name post it on the forum? now 100 more players know about it GJ

Edit:
Also wen the fix this exploit a nother 1 will pop up and afther that a nother 1 etc etc Exploits ar there and will always be there

You exactly the reason why this game will erode quickly, "Hey all, lets keep the exploit a secret so ONLY I know about it."

And exploits can be corrected and fixed. You talk like you're an addict, I'm so glad I don't have your personality.

Hacking is hardcore rampant in this game. People are suspicious because Trendy takes to actions to stop them.

You exactly the reason why this game will erode quickly, "Hey all, lets keep the exploit a secret so ONLY I know about it."

And exploits can be corrected and fixed. You talk like you're an addict, I'm so glad I don't have your personality.

No he isnt saying keep the exploit secret. There is a special forum where you report these things and no one can see youre post.

OMG IMAGINE THAT.

Yeah, because the "Hey, this is how you exploit mana, enjoy your unlimited supply" mentality is way better.

You OBV dont get what iam saying do you? he post the Exact way to exploit mana public and open what i ment whas send them a email msg or w/e but never post a gamebreaking EXPLOIT on the public forum just say mana exploit or w/e but dont tell what you need to do to get it working.

next time dont be so fast with judging some1

1. Ban The USD Store Idiots-

We'll work on Banning these people, we need to get some Interns to troll TrendyNet and find the USD Stores and ban their owners. We will get on it.

2. Fix The Mana Exploit Already

Fixed in 7.12, thank you ... I've removed your details about it for the time being.

3. What Is The Plan Exactly? Or That's Just It, You Have None...

Fix exploits as they're either reported in the Report a Techncial Issue section, or for fastest action, PM-ed to either JDanford or myself. Ban people who violate the service or hack as we identify them (and get more interns to scale this up), and continually update the VAC list with Valve. The community can help us in these endeavors by reporting bad players on that appropriate forum section, and PM us any exploits as well as offer helpful suggestions :)

Thank you,
Jeremy

The best course of action is to keep an exploit secret and report it to TE, that way, it minimise the exploitation and makes it easier for TE to take action, if any action is to be taken.

The community can help us in these endeavors by reporting bad players on that appropriate forum section, and PM us any exploits as well as offer helpful suggestions :)

Thank you,
Jeremy

Grr you posted exactly what i was gonna say like 2s before me :P

1. Ban The USD Store Idiots-

We'll work on Banning these people, we need to get some Interns to troll TrendyNet and find the USD Stores and ban their owners. We will get on it.

Cool where does one apply >=]

Thanks for the update Jeremy, I enjoy the game and just want to keep seeing it at its best!

Now for some quick housecleaning...

No he isnt saying keep the exploit secret. There is a special forum where you report these things and no one can see youre post.

OMG IMAGINE THAT.

It's been weeks since they have done anything to resolve the issue. It has gotten to the point where 50 percent of the player base knows about it. They should at least let the other half of the fan base know what's up.

Your posts are naive and hallow, but go ahead be...clever. It's seems it's the only thing you can do, imagine that. :)

Yeah, because the "Hey, this is how you exploit mana, enjoy your unlimited supply" mentality is way better.

It levels the playing field for everyone, so yes, it is the better evil if Trendy refuses to fix it.

I am also interested in trollin the trolls (troll canibalism)

Troll Canibalism you say? I'm interested in your newsletter and would like to receive more of it.

On a more related note, I'm for hire at a relatively cheap rate- i could work 40 hours a week in the AM on the East coast. Interning is just a way to say slave labor

Cool where does one apply >=]

My thoughts exactly...or a long distance part time job working for minimum wage....

Hell, I'd jump on any job trendy had to offer long as my military career is unaffected. This includes volunteer positions :D

I am also interested in trollin the trolls (troll canibalism)

It may have been unclear in what i said, but i am volunteering for this task of exposing the fraudulant.

Interning is just a way to say slave labor

Internship is a way to get the Job Experience required to get hired on at companies that require said job experience. Internship is a a way to get a foot in the door of the industry.

Internship is a way to get the Job Experience required to get hired on at companies that require said job experience. Internship is a a way to get a foot in the door of the industry.

However some companies use this to get cheap labour with no intention of hiring them at the end of it.

You know MacPimpin doesn't have a problem combing thru the T-Nets at all hours of the day/night to get the job done. I already work from home most of the time, and I often run DD while working... takes but a second to find em out :)

And I own my business, so it's not like I'm "working" for someone else (you office cats know what I'm talking about)

It's been weeks since they have done anything to resolve the issue. It has gotten to the point where 50 percent of the player base knows about it. They should at least let the other half of the fan base know what's up.

Your posts are naive and hallow, but go ahead be...clever. It's seems it's the only thing you can do, imagine that. :)

It levels the playing field for everyone, so yes, it is the better evil if Trendy refuses to fix it.

Half the players knew of this mana exploit for weeks, and Trendy did nothing about it you say?

Funny that all it took was you to post the details on the forums for Trendy to fix it in less than an hour.

I guess all those players were greedy, or just figured that "everyone knows this exploit, so it must have been reported to Trendy already by now. Not going to waste my time reporting it."