Easy fixs for a great semi broke game.

1. Make waves harder. Making it to wave 10 should mean your good and get map pet. Wave 15 Amazing, and get a wave 25 pet. Mobs should not spawn for 10+ mins. If were not good enough for the level then mobs should blow right thought us and kill our crystal. Right now only thing that even kills crystal is birds or solo mobs. The flow of the wave is all wrong. On Insane, a part of the difficultly should be upgrading the right tower in time!

2. You need a stone of Jordan. Something people trade that has value because your mana system sucks and no one even accepts it (early euro?)

3. I'm tired of exiting to the main menu every time I switch games. Please give us a lobby or something. Someplace we can chat and inspect gear prior to heading out. Steam is nothing more then a yahoo msger. Not a real way plan groups.

4. Ninja jump to high; no reason for it. Your skeletal mobs that re-spawn are one of the worst ideas. I hate them and everyone I talk to hates them as well.

5. Monster-fest needs to become a game mode. Defending yourself on any map would be amazing. It feels almost zombie'ish survival.

6. Menus load slow, Why does it scroll in from side? When I'm 4 seconds away from the wave and need to be on my huntress, the scrolling pretty slide effect is the LAST thing I want to see.

7. Your maps are already getting boring. They don't offer any real great strategical tower placement. Just don't feel tower defensive. Create maps pitts players vs one another. (each have 2-3 ways to guard, players cant go into others area, and once you loose; you leave game. The catch is you want good players because you cant solo this map and the more players in; the better the loot drops. Force people to step outside there dps huntress and 200 tower atk squire.

8. Your change oh monk aura lightning sucked. Change to 4 please. Makes it work with maps. Give App wall 30% more hp (once up'ed) Create a poison aoe like there is for fire and lightning. Squire turret cant keep up with birds at all; and makes them useless on some maps. Reduce mob hp 20% and hero dmg 50%, forcing it to be a TOWER game; since games SHOULD be shorter players will be rushed to upgrade. Ranged dmg is way to overpowered compared to melee range squire/monks. Monk auras don't last long enough thought pure strat, just broken.

9. Stop banning people selling items in game, while continuing to allow hackers soling games and selling the gear for mana. I would rather the game go to outside cash 1% of the time, then this hacker inflated market that has made mana useless. It's sad you didn't for-see your game being good and people hacking in it. Please run a script to find all chars with upgrades over 70 and see what u find. Dude came into a game w/ a squire gard, 125 all stats (even amount of towers it could boost)

I'm sure you all have more, but these are mine and we need to work on ideas that will fix it. Also TN, this game will decide if I even try another one of your games again. Release a good game, good.. Fix a great broke game.. AMAZING..

Siv

I can't quite offer any insight to any of your statements, other than #6.

There's a setting under "Options" and "General" called "Fast Gameplay Menu Transitions" that make the menus change really quickly, instead of waiting for the animation.

The maps, to me, feel varied and interesting. But at the moment, survival seems to be the only end-game-esque gameplay we have that offers any valuable reward, but is extremely time consuming. So, I wouldn't mind statement #1 to go into play. Cutting mob numbers by 75% but making them that much more beefy would surely make it a worthy challenge.

1 - Mobs should not spawn for more then 10 minutes , correct , however I did see cases in which players lost towards the end of the wave.
This is because the mobs spawn in different 'sets' and the combination of mobs actually changes the amount of functionality the builds provide.

2 - The mana system is fine , no need for value-switching items , this is an invention which the core of I believe was made in online game private servers and its completely unnecessary , more over hackers can hack it just like they hacked mana.

3 - Partially agreed.

4 - Dark Elf Warriors jump high for the sake of giving the the right theme , and this has a reason , as they can dodge almost everything tahnks to that , which is what they are supposed to do.
More over , the jump is ended with a smash shockwave attack which is their primary player killer attack , the height is helpful in their aim to that.

The skeleton monsters might be annoying , but they make great infiltrators due to their special ability of reincarnation , if you hate it just get an adept and exorcise them.

5 - Agreed.

6 - Options -> Fast menu transitions option , look it up.

7 - go get a DDDK and do that , I challenge you.

8 - Should have been written as several notes and not just cramp it all up.
The magic barriers are supposed ot be stacked and spread , the reason they are weak is proportionate to the 1 DU they cost , they are one of the best towers in the game as they are currently.
Squire turrets are supposed to be used against multiple enemies and not as anti air , sorry kid , the reason they have a piercing effect is because they need to use it , and the birds NEVER get stacked in a pretty line for that to happen.
Poison AoE is unreasonable , at most it will cause nausea which will slow down enemies , oh wait! they already have that ._.
Mod HP reduction - do not agree.
Player damage - will never agree.
ranged / melee damage rate - fully agreed.
Monk auras - last longer then traps , you gave a bad example.

9- Real money shouldn't be used in a session based tower defense game.
Simple readings claim that currently its almost impossible to let the game alone detect hacks.

Overall - Work on your punctuation , try rewriting these complaints , this is a wishlist of things you want done and is not a 'fix' , and more over you do not provide any 'useful' piece of information to make 'fixes'.

All I have to ask, Is that you either.

Add a higher difficulty (which scales for drops)
or
Make the survival waves not so long.

Seriously I'm trying to enjoy this game, The only way to get good gear is Survival mixed mode.
This mode takes literally 4-6 hours to get to a desirable wave where drops are "good"

No one should be forced to play 4-6 hours straight to find good gear.
Its sickening I had to stop playing this game because i found myself either.

Chronically fatigued (Nauseas), Starving or the need to go do other things.

NOT COOL

1. Agreed!
2. meh... umm no opinion
3. How dare you insult ym beloved Steam! :)
4. This is fine, the jumping Ninja's are meant so they leave you're view (unless you look up). Skeleton's are fine simply because they are annoying and force you to target the summoners'
5. 100% Agree. I love Monster Fest mode :)
6. There is an option to turn the animation off.
7. I see where you're going with this, but this should be more of a new mode. A lot of work.
8. Adjusting hero damage will not effect anything as there will always be weaposn that cut through wave upon wave. Also you seem biased to tower over hero style where I personally like the mix of both, Monk Aura change was needed, Poison well... their in place as a slow so. Balance changes are always user Opinions.
9. Silly arguement. As it's usually the people who sell in game PROPERTY (it's not yours to sell, it's trendy's) are the ones who hack is it's profitable.

No one should be forced to play 4-6 hours straight to find good gear.

As much as I agree with you, and understanding that this is not an MMO, having wasted an embarrassing amount of my life raiding in various MMOs, 4-6 hours is nothing. 4-6 hours on some nights could be clearing trash so we could spend another 4-6 hours the next night wiping on "boss A," then finally beating him during our 4-6 hour foray on the third night. Or people camping for (literally) days or weeks in Everquest for a single item.

As much as I agree with you, and understanding that this is not an MMO, having wasted an embarrassing amount of my life raiding in various MMOs, 4-6 hours is nothing. 4-6 hours on some nights could be clearing trash so we could spend another 4-6 hours the next night wiping on "boss A," then finally beating him during our 4-6 hour foray on the third night. Or people camping for (literally) days or weeks in Everquest for a single item.

except, as you noted, this game is not an MMO and as such it doesn't have a persistent world. If it did, then a lot of these concerns wouldn't be expressed the way they are now because people would log into a world and get back to work. Here, however, your whole can just unravel on the basis of an internet hiccup.

If those MMO's you listed had raids resetting simply because of a 5 second network drop there would be literally hundreds of thousands (if not millions in the case of WoW) of people demanding the problem be addressed.

Only thing that really stands out to me is his point about mana. It really is a worthless currency atm...

except, as you noted, this game is not an MMO and as such it doesn't have a persistent world. If it did, then a lot of these concerns wouldn't be expressed the way they are now because people would log into a world and get back to work. Here, however, your whole can just unravel on the basis of an internet hiccup.

If those MMO's you listed had raids resetting simply because of a 5 second network drop there would be literally hundreds of thousands (if not millions in the case of WoW) of people demanding the problem be addressed.

It's worth noting that all MMOs go through a phase where they don't handle this well, and the playerbase rails against it until they fix it. Many end up implementing some system where if you reconnect within a certain timeframe, you're right where you left off... Instead of having to start at the spawnpoint.

I get that all the data is client-side for DD, which makes that impossible for a crash situation, but a simple network disconnect should not stop the host from playing. At the worst, it should pause until it gets a connection again.

On 2... TE would have to add a non random all stats 60 with like 50^ to balance now something like a soj... and learn what rare means =o

I could make it in the editor as that is easy but knowing where to add it and at what rate is harder... 1 in 10,000 kills? 100,000? 1,000,000? 100,000,000???

On 2... TE would have to add a non random all stats 60 with like 50^ to balance now something like a soj... and learn what rare means =o

I could make it in the editor as that is easy but knowing where to add it and at what rate is harder... 1 in 10,000 kills? 100,000? 1,000,000? 100,000,000???

Why would people trade this , if it has no 'real' value.
it should either not be dropped , and be a mana exchange option , like a button on the tavern services 'convert 50m mana to holder item'
as for 'where to add it in' - its in the heromanager archetype.

This game is not an MMORPG though and that's why I bought it. Why would I want to turn it into an MMORPG when there's dozens of other MMORPGs already that I don't want to play because they are too time consuming or tedious? I used to play MMORPGs almost exclusively and now I play action RPGs because I no longer want game sessions to require six hours. I don't need my life to be consumed by a game, I just want to have some fun and leave behind the most tedious elements of MMORPGs.

What he meant was that there is nothing wrong with them.

I figured. He's entitled to his own opinion, but it doesn't mean it isn't full of ****. Survival waves are 3-5k enemies from fine, the only people who want to say otherwise have nothing better to do with there time and want to cling to the pathetic belief that they are better than everyone else for being able to sink 6 hours into survival.

I figured. He's entitled to his own opinion, but it doesn't mean it isn't full of ****. Survival waves are 3-5k enemies from fine, the only people who want to say otherwise have nothing better to do with there time and want to cling to the pathetic belief that they are better than everyone else for being able to sink 6 hours into survival.

Sounds pretty accurate.

8. Reduce mob hp 20% and hero dmg 50%, forcing it to be a TOWER game
Ranged dmg is way to overpowered compared to melee range squire/monks.

9. Stop banning people selling items in game, while continuing to allow hackers soling games and selling the gear for mana. I would rather the game go to outside cash 1% of the time, then this hacker inflated market that has made mana useless. It's sad you didn't for-see your game being good and people hacking in it. Please run a script to find all chars with upgrades over 70 and see what u find. Dude came into a game w/ a squire gard, 125 all stats (even amount of towers it could boost)

8: This isnt a tower defense game, its a tower defense/rpg
The most overpowered dps characters ive seen have all been "ranged" apprentices and "ranged" monks, they use the ranged attack while standin in melee
9: They do ban "hackers", but they have to find them first.
Protip: REPORT HIM AND HE WILL BE BANNED
Mana isnt only inflated because of "hackers", its inflated because its too easy to make, even without "hacking"
Also, there is no reason to stop banning the people who sell for real money so they can ban "hackers", they can ban both kinds of retards