does the # of mobs the same in easy vs insane? surivial that is.

does the # of mobs the same in easy vs insane? surivial that is.
also the map? is the # of mobs in say glitterhelm easy vs easy deeper well?

If I understand your questions:

No, the difficulty does not appear to change the number of monsters on a given map, only their heath and damage.

No, different maps do not have the same monster numbers (and some don't have certain monster types).

Unless you are trying to finish some achievement you never ever want to play survival on easy mode. The rewards even after several rounds are still almost all "Torn" equipment for level 1 characters. You'd be getting much better loot for finishing far fewer rounds in survival medium or even hard if you can last a few rounds there.

Unless you are trying to finish some achievement you never ever want to play survival on easy mode. The rewards even after several rounds are still almost all "Torn" equipment for level 1 characters. You'd be getting much better loot for finishing far fewer rounds in survival medium or even hard if you can last a few rounds there.

Except if you're going after the pet rewards at wave 15 for "gotta catch 'em all" deal. It's a lot easier than doing the same on higher difficulties...

well,
my intentions was trying to get a giraffe,
but i don't want to do it on hard/insane,
cause I might not reach it, LOL.

also,
I don't want to take that freaking long, LOL.

Also,
does the level of difficulty determine a better giraffe?

Yes. An insane giraffe is better than a hard giraffe from what I've seen.

I couldn't tell you if an insane PS giraffe is the same as a survival giraffe (or if a mixed/mode one is better still).

It doesn't matter much. An insane giraffe will have 20+ stats, an easy giraffe will have 10+ stats, give or take the odd lower 1 or negative. I've got a giraffe with -2 speed from insane so your chances are no better in that regard. Plus the minimum upgrades is 60, my 2 insane giraffes had 70-80. So yeah, higher difficulty is better but if you're willing to spend the time but don't think you'll survive, easy isn't much of a sacrifice.

Only problem is how expensive they are to upgrade so you'll probably be better off with a regular pet with as close to +14 as possible.