Fox and Friends console guides! (Videos inside!)

So we did a lot of these two days ago, but because of the awesome ISP my friend has, it took the better part of a few days just to get these uploaded. We plan to do videos detailing strats for all the campaign maps and challenges of Dungeon Defenders (current console version). We are starting with challenges and then will make our way towards the campaign, and possibly towards other things in-game. At the moment we are both Legendary Defenders and have easily put in several hundred hours combined. We plan to expand to other games, but thought we would start out with something we love, and continue to play and help others in despite being able to do it in our sleep. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Feedback is always appreciated either here or on YouTube.

Channel name = http://www.youtube.com/user/FoxNFwends

Squire Stat video:

This video details our Squires and their stats so you won't have to wonder what our hero stats are in each video. This is very recent and nothing has changed as of yet.

No Towers Allowed:

Chicken:

Monster Fest:

In this video, I believe Fox said he had issues with the audio, so he had to go back and rerecord a commentary on it. So for this video please note everything you are hearing is post vid. Still new at this. :X

Warping Core:

Ogre Crush:

Wizardry:

Raining Goblins:

Death From Above:

Treasure Hunt:

Great work, quality guides are unfortunately few and far between (especially on console). I like how you have an introductory video to get your stats out of the way early and still have it easily accessible for those that are curious.

Just a suggestion on Wizardry is to replace the Slice and Dices with Bouncers and cover them with Strength Drain Auras. You won't have to worry much about replacing the blockades as long as your team has the presence of mind to repair/keep things topped up.

Great job, i've been looking for some console based videos. I've only viewed a few so far, but have a comment and a question.

Comment - during your chicken video, the game audio was very loud so at times when you were talking, I couldn't understand what you were saying. I'm sure that's an easy fix.

Question - on the Alchemy video, you talk about pumping ~2 million into the rapier if the elemental damage is above 200 and then reselling it. For clarification, are you saying reselling it to the guy in the tavern can net you 8+ million or are you saying you are selling it online to other console gamers for that amount?

thanks again and look forward to watching more of these !

Great work, quality guides are unfortunately few and far between (especially on console). I like how you have an introductory video to get your stats out of the way early and still have it easily accessible for those that are curious.

Just a suggestion on Wizardry is to replace the Slice and Dices with Bouncers and cover them with Strength Drain Auras. You won't have to worry much about replacing the blockades as long as your team has the presence of mind to repair/keep things topped up.

Thanks for the tip. Something so simple I would have never thought of it lol.

Great job, i've been looking for some console based videos. I've only viewed a few so far, but have a comment and a question.

Comment - during your chicken video, the game audio was very loud so at times when you were talking, I couldn't understand what you were saying. I'm sure that's an easy fix.

Question - on the Alchemy video, you talk about pumping ~2 million into the rapier if the elemental damage is above 200 and then reselling it. For clarification, are you saying reselling it to the guy in the tavern can net you 8+ million or are you saying you are selling it online to other console gamers for that amount?

thanks again and look forward to watching more of these !

Yeah I apologize for audio. On some of them we used vent just to record the audio as we played. Then our friend joined and we attempted to dual record vent/game audio for Fox since he has the PVR, and we used Xbox Live. Still trying to figure out the sweet spot.

In regards to the sword you can simply upgrade it and sell it via the tavernkeep to make the money mentioned. :D

Edit: We'll try to do some more challenges videos today. I at least want to get Death From Above done as I know a lot of people have difficulties with it, and it's quite simple.

Ya the audio in Dungeon Defenders is terrible when recoording with a HD PVR.. if you put it one notch higher then the mute its so loud u cant hear people over xbox live. So im going to start muting the sound completely and just put music in background... This is the only game that i have that issue with. I finally found the sweet spot for the audio and rendering settings so expect a lot more uploads more frequently!

Fox

Bump, 4 more videos added.. More to come!

Yeah just added Death From Above, Treasure Hunt, Warping Core, and Ogre Crush. All on Insane difficulty. Please rate, comment and subscribe if you like. ^^

Added about 6 new videos offinsane campaign missions being soloed... Kinda boring but they are there if you need them!

BUMP

• 2 weeks later...
Added about 6 new videos offinsane campaign missions being soloed... Kinda boring but they are there if you need them!

BUMP

Added them to the main posts. Basically No Towers Allowed and 5 campaign missions added. Sorry for the lack of videos. Been busy, and quite honestly bored. However, we are both excited for the new DLC and will have a video up ASAP! I don't know if we will do survival today as Fox works early, but we may have it up in the days to come. Stay tuned!

Your builds are pretty different than mine on the few I've watched, but quality console videos are few and far between, thanks for the uploads.

You might want to stick a few points into area of effect, every extra shot on the wyverns in the DLC counts.

Your builds are pretty different than mine on the few I've watched, but quality console videos are few and far between, thanks for the uploads.

You might want to stick a few points into area of effect, every extra shot on the wyverns in the DLC counts.

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll keep the radius thing in mind. I got a few new pets for me and my buddy now so might have to show our stats before hand. Still need money to upgrade them though lol.

Hey,can you tell me that where did you get your armor,honestly my armor is really suck now,and it's make my tower status really suck.

MEh the simple layout and how that map works the trap/aura build is the only build that can work... The main variants being used are how you slow the mobs and protect against spiders. Video will be uploaded tonight and ill edit post in morning before work. Ya hard reformats suck btw lol =D

As promised here is the DLC video. Sorry it took so long to upload, Fox is a real bum. Jk... or am I being serious? >_>

Anyways, it's a long video, and I wanna stress that a lot of people on this forum seem to be able to say my build works solo and duo! But let's be honest any build works solo if you are competent enough. Our build works with 3 - 4 people, It's important that you have two people on the boss at all times though. Anyways, I'm sure all this is covered in the video. Enjoy!

*Please note I'm shown with a G-Sharpshooter, but in fact I use my Blasticus, which important stats are as follows: 1208 dmg, 10 shots, 81 clip, +4 reload.*

As always feel free to leave us feedback here or on YouTube, or tell us of things you would like to see us do that we haven't. I know we still need to do Insane Summit, which shouldn't be hard now that Fox can do a trap Huntress.

The way you guys run Mistymire is almost exactly the way me and a friend have been running it since around our second game on it. The main difference is the handling of the spiders. Before we had been struggling to get a good effective clearance on the little buggers so we focused a lot on them to see if we could change the way he played the map, eventually we were devoting a good chunk of our DU to them and although it worked it was pretty difficult and a bit of a scramble.

After watching your video however I've since scrapped our bug hunting methods and made some slight alterations to your set up and it's working brilliantly. We can now spend more time focusing on Ogres than being webbed up by the crystal just waiting to be eaten. Cheers guys.

Love your videos guys! Keep it up.

Thanks means alot! Subscribe!! We are going to try and put together some contest and give away high end gear for free soon!

The way you guys run Mistymire is almost exactly the way me and a friend have been running it since around our second game on it. The main difference is the handling of the spiders. Before we had been struggling to get a good effective clearance on the little buggers so we focused a lot on them to see if we could change the way he played the map, eventually we were devoting a good chunk of our DU to them and although it worked it was pretty difficult and a bit of a scramble.

After watching your video however I've since scrapped our bug hunting methods and made some slight alterations to your set up and it's working brilliantly. We can now spend more time focusing on Ogres than being webbed up by the crystal just waiting to be eaten. Cheers guys.

Ya thats one thing I dont like about other setups ive seen. the amount of DU people use to protect against spiders is rediculous. As long as you have 1 person keep a eye out for them and clear em a little you dont need to waste so much on it. This map is impossible to just AFK grind so this works out best!

• 2 weeks later...
The random places insomnia brings you. I just checked the DLC video to find we have 571 views. That's 560 more views than I would have guessed lol. Wish there was more content. Damn you Microsoft policies. :s