Best weapon for the Monk

I really love my monk but I want to be "Useful" to play with. I was excited about the Male counterpart for the Huntress because I love the DPS I can get from a Huntress with a good Crystal Tracker or Blasticuss. Since I found out that we will not be getting the Counterparts anytime soon, I really need a good weapon for my monk because I don't like to play as a Female and I prefer the Monk over the other classes so yea...

Anyways, my Monk is completely Tower Spec with the other 19 in build speed but I will probably re-spec and put the 19 points in Hero Boost. I never play alone, I am always playing split-screen with my Wife whom is usually playing on her Apprentice or Huntress but again, I still don't want to feel utterly useless with my Monk.

I love the Monk's Auras and I feel that they are probably the best towers in the game when combined wither with the Huntress's Fire Traps or the App's Towers. I usually only touch the Electric and Ensnare though because the others seem pretty useless when trying to do most things. The only use for a Strength Drain is really when an Ogre comes out to play.

I head that the Sky Reaper from DFA Hard is the best weapon for a Monk because it has the highest possible Ranged base. You have 27 levels if you are lucky and a base Range of 103 and maybe 4 projectiles.

I think you can get more with the ranged DMG because you get that per bolt and you get 4 or 5 extra hits with the projectile upgrade so yea... If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and please if you are going to reply please make sure that if you are a PC user you take into account that I am PRE-Patches. Thanks.

I'd probably go with Magina's Last Glaive from insane Monster Fest or Ogre's Childhood Toy from insane Unlikely Allies. Magina's has a similar ranged base and boosts your hero and tower boosts, and the Childhood Toy has a lower base but gives a significant boost to your monk auras.

It might also be a little easier to get a better roll because the two weapons I mentioned are obtained from Insane, whereas the Skyreaper is from < Insane.

Yea... I would love to get some of the weapons I have seen from the PC version because they do so much more Base Ranged for the monk. I appreciate your advice, I will try to get a good version of the above weapons. I'll have to look around and see what the best base stats are for both.