Celebrate Your MixMode Insane Survival Victories!

In face of several suicide crystals, several "WTF HIT THE CRYSTAL" moments, my team was able to finally overcome Steam disconnects, DEWs by the thousands, and beat the final wave of Survival Insane Mix Mode.

We used during the match:
DPS Mage - roughly 375-430k average
DPS Hunter - edit in DPS after they wake up
Squishy Huntress - No idea, this person was a random join in and we geared em up on the way.
Tank Countess - 180k DPS

Set up was designed by a friend, Cold, using traps, walls, and auras only.
-----

Though I feel like a bloody festival should have happened in an after movie, b/c these runs are epic and rare to be actually finished due to all sorts of problems, lol.

So the idea of the post, celebrate your victories! Share pictures! War stories, how many times it took, etc, etc. Plus lets find out the best rewards you've achieved!

Nothing like being geared to the teeth in legit gear, no imitations welcome :D

Grats!

I would like to see someone doing this in Glitter though :p
Wyverns make mix mode a living hell.

One of the teams next targets, however, we had a vendetta with Alch... the Macolytes are looking Summit or Glitter next.

farthest i've made with glitter is just wave 19 insane mixed mode. our crystal kept getting randomly hit at times with no mobs there, confirmed because i like playing while holding down left shift to see map and where help is needed and it flashed two more times with no mobs around after the first time it did, it wasnt one right after another, it was like a 2-3 seconds interval, and i've seen 3 ogres that walk through my blockades and orcs and gobs that walk through my blockade and ignores my turrets and straight to my crystal. i've had dew leaped over my turrets and turned around and attacked them while i was a inch or 2 away and I've had tons and tons of mobs that side tracked from their mid lane and head towards bottom crystal.

I dont know if its a bug that mobs were intended to stray from mid pathing to bot crystal or not but it really doesnt seem like it, and if your wondering if my slow aura was near it, it wasnt, for that middle part i move the slow aura alot more towards the crystal than the elec auras. I do know that most of the time they stray is from being bunched up, some time i'll have to try with no slow auras there and see if it makes a differences.

For glitter i'd say you need 4 quite geared players with high damage (100k+ dps?) and generic resists to deal with the dew, i would also choose a fairy or a engineer pet over an animus for repairs and survivability, you cant have people running all over too much or there is a chance the dew will bug and turn around and kill your turrets.

*shrugs* i dunno never beat it yet so if someone knows something help out me and let me in on it too.

glitter isnt impossible im sure, but its quite annoying with much bug still it seems =\

Oh forgot to add, 1 or 2 wyverns my randomly stray from north to mid crystal.

macpimpin add my on steam, i told ya before i wanna run with ya :P
and if it wont let you add me through steampage, give me your steam id and ill get it working ^^

up to wave 20 is easy... but then the freaking mobs get too fast and the poison immune get through >.>

thats the only problem I have with survival or mix mode...
Pure strategy mode is easy though ^^

up to wave 20 is easy... but then the freaking mobs get too fast and the poison immune get through >.>

thats the only problem I have with survival or mix mode...
Pure strategy mode is easy though ^^

Glitterhelm insane surv mixed mode, is no way easy, if its that easy for you, like i said, let us know how you did it.

Me and a friend tried to duo alch lab mix mode 4 times and all of our games have ended with some kind of lame thing out of or control.

1st: wave 21. I swear I could see an orc standing right next to the crystal one-shoting it even with all the blockades above 90% hp
2nd: Wave 23. This time I couldn't see what hit the crystal, it just died. All blockades were up ofc.
3rd: Wave 22. "Unable to connect to Trendynet". None of us lost internet or steam didn't disconnect, just trendynet..
4th: Wave 18. Same as 2nd try.

It's just so random if you can complete a game or not. :(

Grats with your completed run tho :)

What wave is a 'complete run'? I'm still not far into the survival runs yet, I am still leveling/gearing tower build characters (70 trap huntress, 70 aura monk, 69 tower apprentice, 39 tower squire) before I switch to a dps character...

I've done insane PS to wave 23 with a friend just using aruas/traps.

The first time we got to wave 15 in insane survival we got butchered by the DEW, waiting for him to hit 70 before we try that again.

Last night I attempted mix mode to see if I could make it to 10+ for some good drops, but the cyrstal blew up with nothing near on wave 6.. I was quite sad.

Has anyone managed it without barricades? We got around halfway through wave 20 when an Orc appeared by the crystal and 2 shot it. Problem was it was stood almost dead centre, in a direct line between the 2 side spawns, so I have no idea if it broke through the front or back or if it just glitched over the wall.

Has anyone managed it without barricades? We got around halfway through wave 20 when an Orc appeared by the crystal and 2 shot it. Problem was it was stood almost dead centre, in a direct line between the 2 side spawns, so I have no idea if it broke through the front or back or if it just glitched over the wall.

Did you use proxy? They can throw poison immun orcs over the walls (not just blockade), they use it as a jumppad. I stopped using them.

Glitterhelm insane surv mixed mode, is no way easy, if its that easy for you, like i said, let us know how you did it.

on Glitterhelm I havnt tried but I was thinking of using aura's against the wyverns. un-equip all range equipment and then place the aura as close to the crystal as possible and then put on + 200 tower range... this should help a lot ^^
havnt tried it yet though...

and then the ONLY problem is ogres... and you can manually knock those down. the only problem is... you need 3 or 4 players in the game cause I refuse to use towers (towers get destroyed by freaking ninja's instantly so they wont work)
I prefer using aura's + traps

Did you use proxy? They can throw poison immun orcs over the walls (not just blockade), they use it as a jumppad. I stopped using them.

Not a chance. Enemies only go flying from proxy explosions if they are killed by it. Just like if you circular swipe them they bounce backwards, but if it kills them you can launch them half the map away.

ChaoskingJin:
Out of curiosity, what was the gear like around wave 19?

I didnt get a chance to look at much at wave 19, I was more worried about our red crystal dying from whatever attacks so i played mostly holding shift. But i did pick up 2 bone bows with 55^ and 56^ up earlier waves.

on Glitterhelm I havnt tried but I was thinking of using aura's against the wyverns. un-equip all range equipment and then place the aura as close to the crystal as possible and then put on + 200 tower range... this should help a lot ^^
havnt tried it yet though...

and then the ONLY problem is ogres... and you can manually knock those down. the only problem is... you need 3 or 4 players in the game cause I refuse to use towers (towers get destroyed by freaking ninja's instantly so they wont work)
I prefer using aura's + traps

add me so we can try it out sometime, maybe I can have our opinion on things rather than my own. or if you want you can try it out and msg me on steam and let me know how well you did. chaoskingjin

What wave is a 'complete run'? I'm still not far into the survival runs yet, I am still leveling/gearing tower build characters (70 trap huntress, 70 aura monk, 69 tower apprentice, 39 tower squire) before I switch to a dps character...

I've done insane PS to wave 23 with a friend just using aruas/traps.

The first time we got to wave 15 in insane survival we got butchered by the DEW, waiting for him to hit 70 before we try that again.

Last night I attempted mix mode to see if I could make it to 10+ for some good drops, but the cyrstal blew up with nothing near on wave 6.. I was quite sad.

A complete run is completing wave 25
Never gotten that far tho, i always fall asleep sometime between wave 14 and 16=(

I swear there's like 10 threads a day that are just thinly veiled "OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST DID GUYS AREN'T I AWESOME, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO TELL ME HOW AWESOME I AM AND GIVE ME THE ATTENTION I DESERVE!"

I beat mixed mode last week on the same day they buffed the loot on it, it's really not that hard.

I swear there's like 10 threads a day that are just thinly veiled "OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST DID GUYS AREN'T I AWESOME, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO TELL ME HOW AWESOME I AM AND GIVE ME THE ATTENTION I DESERVE!"

I beat mixed mode last week on the same day they buffed the loot on it, it's really not that hard.

The idea was for everybody to have a feel good moment after achieving this, or to give others something to fight towards accomplishing...

If you're unhappy, go make a post about it. Trying to do the opposite here :)

Hey there! I was the host and DPS Hunter, MacBreeze, for the run MacPimpin was on. My DPS was around 183Kdps on a dummy, but ((Infinity) - 1) against 100+ stacked creeps.

I gotta say that high resists and a fairy pet were critical for the mission. It was the only way I could venture out into the mess of monsters there. Here are some of the stats I noticed:

• Wave 13 - Decent loot started dropping - 40+ weapons, 30+ armor
  • Wave 16 - Weapons in the 50's started dropping. 40+ armor
  • Wave 16 - Things start getting serious if this is your first run (no previous gear from this mode)
  • Wave 21 - We started seeing the 60+ weapons drop, 50+ armors
  • Wave 21 - Okay, now you are seeing DEW with around 1 million hp spamming out and running Mach 4 at you.
  • Wave 21 - If you didn't get the last bullet, read "You better have some solid resist if you want to leave your strength drain aura!"
  • Wave 21 - You need to dedicate 1 person to full time repair. This is a boring role, but necessary. Our undergeared pickup huntress earned his spot starting here!
  • Wave 23 - 7 hours 30 minutes into this mission, you are feeling fatigue. Can't stop here, though! Get the empty 2 liters ready!
  • Wave 24 (Damn you wave 24!) - Now you have to be ultra careful. No one should be near the crystal for any reason! Stray arrow will finish you, even if you are 100 monsters from getting to the final wave!
  • Wave 25 - You made it this far. Say a prayer. Thank those that came before for sharing their wisdom. Thank Trendy for making a game worth the 8 hours 30 minutes it takes to get here.
  • Wave 25 - Now the 70+ weapons are dropping, and upper 50+ armors. I don't remember seeing 60+ armor.
  • Wave 25 - Yes, it is possible and we have screenshots. No hacked gear required nor used for our run.
  • Victory (Ends at wave 25) - I got a 72^ Giraffe. Kailee got a 74^ if I recall right.
  • When finished, CHECK YOUR STORE! The armor and weapons were junk, but there were good guardians for a couple of us. (MacPimpin's 82^ Squire Guardian "Mac Verde" is from here and NOT hacked!)
  • Be prepared to spend over 200 million upgrading the armor replacements and new weapons and new pets.

If you happen into our team's various stores, stop with the hack accusations. 60^ gear drops like candy in the mid 20's on this map, as well as decent armor. With proper gear from what we did, 400 and 500 in a given stat for a character is not impossible.

Be prepared to have your nerves tested, however. We failed a lot before winning this. Our buddy Cold's setup was flawless (and the proxy mines were a must). When it came time for loot, having a close team bond made the gear get to the right people without any arguments. Without trust, you may as well clock out at wave 20, because you will get people looting instead of covering their posts.

Thanks again to the crew, MacPimpin, Kailee, wtfbellany. Thank you for the setup, Cold! Without your advice and demonstration of what was possible, this would not have been possible.

-+-+-+-+-

Trendy,

Thank you very much for a wonderful weekend. We took up your challenge, and beat it. However we did not lose the respect for the challenge. Despite what some say, the balance seems to be razer close for the hardest challenge we have fought. While some say that the best gear shouldn't be given for a "boring long run", I am convinced that what we did was NOT boring, and an intense experience that was worth it. The loot was justified for that difficulty and that commitment.

Bring on Nightmare and the new classes. The Macolytes will be at the gate ready to meet the Dark Ones.

Majormer - MacBreeze (70 Hunter and proud member of the Macolytes)

LOL Congrats guys, been up to 16 on mix mode solo (got tired and had family issues to attend to so I lost on purpose). Funny thing was I had no walls (sold them in build phase) and thought it would be a quick loss on the wave. Turns out I actually lasted about 1/3 of the wave, and for the most part the only thing I was doing was picking up the armor/weapons that dropped.

Awesome job guys, just plain awesome.

The idea was for everybody to have a feel good moment after achieving this, or to give others something to fight towards accomplishing...

If you're unhappy, go make a post about it. Trying to do the opposite here :)

I, for one, really enjoy MacPimpski's attitude. It is refreshing to see people who play the game to have fun (and help OTHERS have fun) instead of lording their knowledge and effortless victories over everyone else. I think people like you MacPimpin are the lifeblood of a healthy gaming community. Oh, and you remind of A Pimp Named Slickback, which is always good.

Consider me a Macolyte!

Sogui, I reviewed the leaderboards last night when we finished. No one had beat it on mixed mode Insane that I could see. You could tell fairly easily based on the time the missions took. Survival (without mixed) was typical and done in around 4 hour 30 minutes. Mixed mode, aggressively played like we did was 9 hours, 30 minutes. We took short breaks between waves, but not enough to shave an hour off the game had we played straight through.

Please stop raining on the party. If anything, this thread was to show what is possible, not to gloat. Note that we added useful information for everyone in our post (except our build, which I would like to get Cold's okay on first before posting since we used his strategy). Mixed Survival is very easily dismissed as something impossible to do if you just jump in. When the DEW have over a million hp, it is really a shocker. There were over 1000 of those stupid DEW queued as well on the pre-wave minimap.

It is my hope that the story of our success would be inspiring.

Related: I know that over the next few days, our team plans on selling some of the loot we obtained from our runs. Some have already bought stuff from our 24th wave (100 mob from 25th wave if not for the unexplained 1 shot of our crystal, barracaded securely with 100% health walls...) attempt. If you have bought from us, THANK YOU! You funded our gear for our successful run. If not, be sure to check out some of the stuff we got. Armors and weapons to die for. Hit up Majormer's shop for huntress/ranger weapons and armor for all classes. Hit up MacPimpin for apprentice staves. Hit up Kailee (Kail) for the swords. We didn't have a monk with us on our success run, but I know that Cold had some killer staves from our previous attempt. He might part with some. Hopefully with some fruit of our run, you can get an edge on the challenge that is mixed survival insane.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU CAN DO THIS MISSION WITH GREAT TEAMWORK AND DEDICATION! YOU DON'T NEED THE LOOT FROM THE MISSION TO BEAT THE MISSION! (That is for the gripers that think that you can't win without winning first. You haters know who you are. Put in the work and you can defy the "impossible"!)

Cheers!

Majormer

70 Ranger - MacBreeze w/ supporting build characters

Macolyte 4 lyfe!