Royal Garden on iOS5 - Help!

I'm beginning to think that something is wrong on the Royal Garden on iPhone. I must be on my 100th attempt. On easy with a level 56 Apprentice and I just can't do it. I did it on PC on my first go. How can the levels be so different across platforms. I swear it's as if on this level my defenses suddenly become pathetically weak and the enemies become superstrong.

Can anyone shed some light on this? And the more difficult controls since update are just making it even harder.

Ditto here.. suddenly this leve becomes very difficult. I have a lvl 80 aprentice with decent dps and strong towers and still no dice.. what gives with the ios version? It seems like a much scaled back game (from the player damage perspective) I play online with other characters and turn damage on to see them doing HUUUGE ammounts of damage to my not so much.. i dont get it. (have a fully leveled staff +4 projectiles and still not much dmg)

It's the same on Android. I actually quit playing for now because I don't feel like grinding mindlessly just to beat the game on easy. I'll have to wait for Trendy fix the mobile version before I pick it back up, and that could be a looooooong time.

Seriously... The mobile version is crappy... First Wave was actually good. Second Wave just sucks.
HOWEVER, I plan to raise a good Huntress to assist with this. I heard rumors that huntress's traps can deal loads of damage but occupy very little DU. So I plan to use it to assist with my apprentice's defenses.
Nevertheless, they REALLY should make some effort on the Mobile version... It's ridiculous....

• 2 weeks later...
I had an incredibly difficult time beating this on easy too with my apprentice. I was finally able to do it with my huntress and apprentice mix. Also try it online if you are really having difficulty. Others can sit on the crystals to defend. It might help.

I used my trap spec'ed huntress (lv60 when I was doing this)
It's a lot easier to solo missions with a huntress because traps don't take up a lot of Defense Units.

If you want to spec for a tower-hero, I'll give you some advice.

1) When you upgrade your items...Put specs in tower damage first
2) Make sure your tower damage is always more than your tower health (i usually keep it 50% more)
EXCEPTION: creating a tower health squire to make barricades (in which case all/most of your points go into tower health)
3) Make sure you get a "good" familiar (a lot of points in tower stats, mainly dmg and health)

A good way I find of calculating this is just to add up all the Tower Specs + # of upgrades and compare it to other familiars/armor/weapons

If you want an explanation,
When you put hero points [stat points you get from leveling] into stats, you are limited to only being able to put 60 points in ANY stat. So if you want to get past that 60 points mark, you depend on familiars and armor and weapons to give you the bonuses.

NOTE: when upgrading armor do not always look at # of upgrade
Example: Some armor with 15 upgrades have much higher stats already when compared to an armor with 23 upgrades.
Example: Some Familiars with 1 upgrade can also have much higher stats when compared with your current or other familiars

I have heard that wearing a set [gloves, boots, body, helm] of the same type of an armor gives you a bonus. I never really calculated it and I admit, im a bit lazy. so if someone can confirm this, it would mean having a set of armor would benefit a hero as well.

I have a full set of mail armor and they do give you bonus points if you have a full set. Sometimes it is 1-3 extra points. I am not sure, but it might have to do if is godly or not. But they do give you at least one bonus point in each area including resists and every catagory that you armor has a stat in. (tower health, etc)

Just tried Royal Gardens and somethin isnt right with the defenses for sure. They were walking right past gas traps and slice'n'dicers without too much trouble!

I use my huntress to put down inferno, gas, then proximity at choke points followed with an apprentice barricade. where an ogre walks i use Etherial spikes. I think i used the rest of the DP for towers for the wyverns it got me through medium no problem, but hard solo was difficult. Hope it helps a little.