So... do people actually bother with squire guardians?

I don't know what you're all doing, but you are doing it very wrong.. the real way to play magical blockade is to lure creeps in to a trap, specifically the ninjas..

Here is an example.. Place the magical blockade right in the middle of a proxy mine.. the ninja will attempt to down the blockade but will get rolled by the proxy instead.. for maximum security, stack an ethereal on the proxy.

you sir clearly haven't played Dungeon Defenders yet.

Ignorance is bliss...

1. Barricades are not used because of ninja's. Infact, placing barricades instead of just using auras and traps is detrimental where ninjas are concerned.
2. Barricades are used because of insanely high hp orcs. All it takes is 1 poison immune orc to sprint past all your defences and it'll 2-3 shot the crystal before you can react.
3. Proxy and Ethereal, at best, will deal a combined damage of 60-80k. Ninja's can have up to 200k on high wave mix mode.
4. Sticking a trap under a barricade is hardly a difficult strategy to figure out, its just not that effective at killing ninja's fast enough to prevent damage.
5. DU is not limitless. You can't so sticking down extra ethereals under every barricade.

step 1: place barricade
step 2: put strength drain and ensnare aura over barricade
step 3: place proxy underneath
step 4: stand on barricade with apprentice guardian
step 5: lol @ 100k proxy

if you can't kill an assassin that has gone through all your defenses, and takes a 100k proxy, well, :(

Get a equire guardian with 50+ upgr. then upgr the range, split and 25 on effectivness. Then enter a mixmode survival, place some walls and position urself in the middle and smile when DEW hit the walls and do 10 dmg :D

I'd just use the app guardian, even here. It'll buff the proxy trap AND the str aura. Survivability and offense both. And if you're on a mage you can always place a new wall down when the old goes boom. I tend to use a fairy, though, so I suppose the point is moot.

step 1: place barricade
step 2: put strength drain and ensnare aura over barricade
step 3: place proxy underneath
step 4: stand on barricade with apprentice guardian
step 5: lol @ 100k proxy

if you can't kill an assassin that has gone through all your defenses, and takes a 100k proxy, well, :(

Prox has cooldown. Ninjas come in groups of lots, in multiple directions so you cannot buff all your proxy at once.

I think Squire Guards are sleeper OP.

They'll awaken once new content comes out, I'm guessing. When new enemies are nigh impossible to stop from bashing on your towers, and without a Squire Guardian pumping up their defenses like a monster, they will get one shot before even killing off those enemies.

yup they are.... perfect for magical blockades, spiked barricades, traps and auras. be affraid, be very affraid for then this sleeper wakes.

The funny thing is the same reason that squire guardians are useless is why squire towers are useless. You don't want stuff hitting your towers.

The funny thing is that you're wrong. Ballista towers and Bowling Ball towers beat out any apprentice tower anyday.

The funny thing is that you're wrong. Ballista towers and Bowling Ball towers beat out any apprentice tower anyday.

Harpoons is quite wonky in targetting. Bowling ball has severe targetting restrictions. Both cost quite a bit of DP.

But I'm frankly more amiable to traps still. Prox mine beats bowling ball any day. :p (and harpoons against anything non-air)

Okay, he's obviously gone. Does anyone else know? How do squire guardians interact with traps and auras?

Health goes up, therefore charges should go up. Testing needed.

Health goes up, therefore charges should go up. Testing needed.

Tested with an old squire guardian before latest dlc patching, it didn't work like this at all on traps sadly, still if someone could try with the newer multi target guardian it might have better luck.

If you're testing in the tavern, could you put a proxy trap under the dummy, and see what happens when it's buffed by the squire? Maybe it'll lose charges less quickly. Or maybe it has no effect at all. I'd like to know for sure, though. I don't have one or I'd do it myself.