Don't bring your threads up into the main forum. Send your complaints about the DLC lie to trendy directly using email.

If you post it here, the payers and rich people will sink your thread.

This thread should remain up for long enough to get some kind of message across.

Guys I vote we pay trendy $30-$40 more so they can make as much as most games that keep up with dev charge, that way they can actually afford to stay alive as a company.

For reals stop complaining about a $15 game trying to make money to pay its hard working staff, or just dont pay the optional fee

either way stop trying to cause a movement, it just makes you sound too lazy to work for an hour to afford the things you obviously care enough about to make forum post after forum post over

...and theres the problem: if theyd stated : DLC will cost money, we need to eat...fine with me.
But apparently they didnt have the guts to say so and they dodged every question concerning paid DLC with corporate talk.
Thats what made me decide not to buy it...5$? meh, come on? Its not that much...
But transparency and honesty are things i value quite highly

Can't we just move past this, yes trendy did screwed up but the are still relatively new so atleast we can forgive them for their first big mistake and a few small others.
Hopefully they will apologize for the misleading information and promise never to do it again.
So let just take this as a lesson and make sure that in the future there will be better communication between Trendy + Consumers
Second just make one of the dummies in the tavern have the name of the head of the company so that they can take their rage out there beating up the dummie instead of our forums.

Just check the dundef digest, they never once call the new heroes thing DLC

its just one big long impying of it being an addition to the game.

Hmm, i will give you that one especially with this line
- Number Two: GENDER SWAP! That's right. The alternate heroes will be at your disposal next week. We are basically inviting the whole family to our turkey feast. So loosen those belts and demolish some creeps!

@Lord Carver
(or anyone who can fulfill this request)

Site your sources... Where does anyone from the TrendyEnt Team say anything about specific DLC being FREE?

Find me sources or this Thread will be locked due to hearsay

Just check the dundef digest, they never once call the new heroes thing DLC

One way or the other, you have to DownLoad the Content in order to use it... Right?

its just one big long implying of it being an addition to the game.

Or we could look at it like this... You're making one big Assumption that it's a free addition to the game.

You know I have seen alot of threads saying trendy lied and what not because they never stated it was going to cost money. but...

Modern Warfare 3 in stores 11.11.11 commercials have been going on for a month and I ahvent' seen a single thread online anywhere saying that Activision lied for not stating it was going to cost $60. you know what. that goes for skyrim, duke Nukem Forever, Battlefield 3, and a couple dozen other games...

Just because you assumed it was free doesn't mean they lied.

One way or the other, you have to DownLoad the Content in order to use it... Right?
Or we could look at it like this... You're making one big Assumption that it's a free addition to the game.
They revealed it on the 11th
never felt the need to elaborate that it was going to have a price tag.

No, sorry.

Especially since it really just again, was heavily implied it was just an update. Which most gamers will take as something different from DLC.

I know the need to want to be the devils advocate here, but they dropped the ball.

I still find it funny that they dont really say much to the console community...the mention we got in the digest was funny tho lol. Still waiting for a patch for the original game...havent fixed any of the launch issues we have... oh well carry on. Hope you all enjoy the dlc as much as i want to

I'm still trying to find where it says "This DLC will be free"

If no one can site that source by 8:00am EST, this thread will be locked because there is no "Free DLC Lie"

Hope you all enjoy the dlc as much as i want to

I will enjoy it Twice for you, that way Trendy will get the money that you did not spend on a perfectly functional $15 game (Which is equal to 5 gallons of gasoline)...

Wish the money I paid towards DLC would get them off theirs butts and actually read their support forum section...

Yea I derailed and hijacked this thread... Trendy, respond to some problems please. 2 weeks and counting. If I am going to buy your retarded DLC (which I have so far), then at least help me out on a small problem.

I'm still trying to find where it says "This DLC will be free"

If no one can site that source by 8:00am EST, this thread will be locked because there is no "Free DLC Lie"
Ambiguity is the best defense.

Zion, the consoles are less in their control because they have to submit any content to the company, microsoft or sony, and get it approved, both have incredibly long approval process things.

yeah, i find it somewhat...alienating that a mod is playing semantic games here...oh well, just lock it already.

p.s: im sure you and the rest of the trendy staff are tired reading the same old thing over and over again,
i know its hard...anyways

yeah, i find it somewhat...alienating that a mod is playing semantic games here...oh well, just lock it already.

p.s: im sure you and the rest of the trendy staff are tired reading the same old thing over and over again,

Last straws are being drawn for me personally.. they wont even respond to most people's problems on their own support board. On top of all the other crap going on, I really don't know how to even feel anymore. Customer satisfaction is something they don't care about what so ever, so it is no surprise that the mods they chose aren't very tactful or respectful.

If you post it here, the payers and rich people will sink your thread.

I can afford that. Huuuurrrr I must be a millionaire!

Trendy have never said the gender swap characters would be free. You just assumed they would be because the previous DLC was.

honestly I don't get where folks are talking about a DLC lie, However, I do have an issue with it being slid under the radar like this.

My problem is still, and will always be, that everything on their posts, all the forums, all the info for the new content pertaining to the heroes was treated as if it was going to be an update.

Again, dungeon defenders digest made no effort to dissuade this thought process.
Sure, you can play the trump card of "DIDN'T SAY IT WAS GOING TO BE FREE"
but, thats still really ****ty way to treat people.
The lack of any sort of official response aside from a few thread lockings and bizarre analogies to products with a finite quantity is all we can ever get.
Black friday is not a comparable reference
Other game prices vs their dlc content is not a comparable reference.
Every other sims, call of duty, warcraft, whatever, analogy always ignores the fact that all their DLC is pretty much announced to be paid from the start. Not letting it hang as some magical update.

But since trendy is an indie dev with small staff, this makes it okay for them to have this sort of large scale mistake.
At least, thats what I'm gathering at the rate of talk of how poor they are, and how big of a hit to their pocket book it is.

Its not about the price, it never will be.

I'm not part of the Trendy Entertainment staff...

I just think it's ridiculous & is easily considered either, hearsay or conspiracy, to imply that Trendy Entertainment has "lied" about there being FREE DLC...

I can understand the gripes about the ambiguity. However, I don't tell someone I'm going to be somewhere until I know I can actually be there. You follow?

On that note, they should just tell us it's going to cost X amount of dollars so everyone will just chill out over the whole subject already.

Last straws are being drawn for me personally.. they wont even respond to most people's problems on their own support board. On top of all the other crap going on, I really don't know how to even feel anymore. Customer satisfaction is something they don't care about what so ever, so it is no surprise that the mods they chose aren't very tactful or respectful.

You do realize that there are maybe 20 people that work at Trendy Entertainment... Right?

Would you rather them to work on creating a better game or responding to the hundreds of threads that flood the board...

Please, can we exercise common sense?

... & again, I'm not a paid member... or even a member of the TE staff.