Pure Strategy (Alchemy Labs) - buffed?

You read right; looks like they buffed the disconnect rates for PS mode. Here's what I managed to accomplish this evening:

Attempt 1: Trendy DC on wave 13
Attempt 2: Game crash on wave 19
Attempt 3: Trendy DC on wave 19

I'm posting this because while there's lots of discussion about Survival, PS doesn't seem to get much talk.

Here's my layout (positions are approximate). Do you think that removing the two far east immolation traps and adding two prox traps on the far west chokes would decrease my disconnect rate?

what's your cast rate at? Your hero needs to constantly cast a magical bond between your game and the internet, if you have a low cast rate, then you get disconnected more frequently. This is unaffected by overdrive.

what's your cast rate at? Your hero needs to constantly cast a magical bond between your game and the internet, if you have a low cast rate, then you get disconnected more frequently. This is unaffected by overdrive.

I was like :O and then I was like XD

You know why you DC on wave 19? Because the game know with that setup you could not make wave 20.

Er, why not? The only reason you fail on wave 20+ are because the Orcs get 40k+ hp and the poison immune ones race through your ensnare aura and all defences without lots of damage or a barricade. There are no poison immune orcs so they get the full force of the inferno/electric.

No-one talks about PS because the devs don't give a **** about it. The mode is a complete joke and they don't seem in any hurry to make it into something other than survival without heroes.

Crashed again today, this time on wave 22. (I anticipate reply "the game crashed because it knew you couldn't make wave 23," seriously dude, play PS mode a bit, you seem to have no idea how it works)

I don't really care I guess, this game is just minor amusement for me, something better will come along soon enough. But I haven't bought any DLC, and I will not be buying any DLC; nor would I expect anyone who's been through this sort of experience to buy any DLC.

It is kind of a shame though; I really liked doing the missions and challenges; but then Trendy decided to make the decision that the only way to get the biggest numbers (which is a main objective of this genre no matter how you slice things) was to play game modes that require 4-6 hour single sessions with one network or computer error wasting it all. The only modern online game I'm aware of that has surpassed that metric is FFXI...

i dont really know why anyone likes PS, you build everything and then just watch?? seems boring

Yeh...and he is like "im a pro doing PS" LOOOOOOOL

Remember...mobs have less health and no imunity vs survival.

Yeh...and he is like "im a pro doing PS" LOOOOOOOL

Remember...mobs have less health and no imunity vs survival.

I knew you would come back with no constructive addition to this thread, just to insult me again (because you got shot down the first time).

For everyone else: None of the important things I've said in this thread have anything specifically to do with PS; just to do with the 4 hour sessions to get the best loot, arguments which apply to Survival mode as well. And I have done many survival games; the only reason I decided to give PS a try is to attempt to remove the random factor "what if your allies disconnect", which has lost me some survivals, as PS is easier to solo.

I had thought that writing a thread with the premise "PS is different!" and then having the contents of the thread show how PS is in fact exactly the same (in all the important ways: disconnects, crashes, and length) would bring a bit of light comedy to the situation, but apparently, the most it has done is attract a guy who wants to show everyone how better he is than me on the internet.

Er, why not? The only reason you fail on wave 20+ are because the Orcs get 40k+ hp and the poison immune ones race through your ensnare aura and all defences without lots of damage or a barricade. There are no poison immune orcs so they get the full force of the inferno/electric.

No-one talks about PS because the devs don't give a **** about it. The mode is a complete joke and they don't seem in any hurry to make it into something other than survival without heroes.

You are going off topic. Shut up.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=1001

Mmmmm I like mine better and you get 15 DU to fool around with(i prefer some well placed MM towers for survival DEW. Requires moderately points into aura radius and trap radius though. Enough aura radius to where the STR aura encases both spiked barricades after 5th rank up and enough radius for the inferno trap to be triggered by the mobs coming down either stairs cases in the "front"