Game Unplayable Till Host Migration is Added

Survival isn't very hard right now after this patch, yet I still can't get a giraffe for the life of me. Either the host disconnects (Always after 2+ hours invested in the run) or crashes. This happens to a lot of people, it's not an isolated problem. I honestly don't mind survival as it is and can handle sitting there for 4-5 hours, but not when there is a risk of losing for no fault of your own.

As a temporary fix, allow us to start at a later wave for survival. Starting at 8 is a complete waste of time. Allow us to start at 14 or 15, that would actually be fairly challenging as well having to fend off the enemies with no defenses set up. Or you could lower the amount of mobs per wave. Or better yet, make the best loot come from something else so we can go back to never touching survival again. Survival is a terrible name for the mode, it's not difficult at all and is more of a test of your patience. Rename it to Endurance or something.

I want to play this game, I still like it a lot, I have 270+ hours played already. But the game is frustrating as hell right now and I just can't bring myself to play anymore. Warcraft 3 had host migration, it's an old concept and there's no reason with all the issues this game and Steam has that it doesn't have it implemented. I'm not the first to complain about this, I certainly won't be the last. You need to be aware of this Trendy. The game is a mess right now. I honestly feel like they didn't think this game would be successful and didn't have a long term plan for it, which is why they take so much advice from the players on the forum. Well here's a piece of advice, revamp where loot comes from and/or revamp Survival mode as a whole. You guys are game creators for a living, you have to be aware of the fact that repeating something that isn't challenging for 5+ hours is NOT FUN.

Sorry for the rant, been trying to get a giraffe for 3 days now and can't get past wave 22. Something always happens, I hope you fix this soon Trendy.

Or better yet, make the best loot come from something else so we can go back to never touching survival again. Survival is a terrible name for the mode, it's not difficult at all and is more of a test of your patience. Rename it to Endurance or something.

I agree with most of your post, especially this. I've actually gone back to checking out Starcraft 2 for good TDs. I probably won't be into this game again until it loses it's "survival" mode focus.

The game is fun at first, you can go play anytime you are free (break between class/shift/waiting for something,...). Now it is a serious time investment, if you cannot spend at least 2 consecutive hours (~wave15 and above) you can have nothing. It's no longer a simple game it used to be. I dont know why they promote this survival so much, it's not even fun to begin with.

The best loot will come from doing the nightmare mode probably. It was suppose to come out this month with the expansion, but got held up by Microsoft so the best way right now is to do survival.

Im feeling the same. The disconnects and crashes are a huge problem with survival.

An approach i have in mind is a simple savegame. You can save the state of your survival/pure strategy game between waves. If you loose the savegame is deleted but if you crash or leave becaue you have no time to play further you can reload it later and finish it.

I would like to see survival beeing more challenging and less time consuming. Sadly survival will allways be "build a defence and survive". Even if the creeps per wave would be lowered more there would be much time needed to go to wave 20 and above (or even 35).

Im feeling the same. The disconnects and crashes are a huge problem with survival.

An approach i have in mind is a simple savegame. You can save the state of your survival/pure strategy game between waves. If you loose the savegame is deleted but if you crash or leave becaue you have no time to play further you can reload it later and finish it.

I would like to see survival beeing more challenging and less time consuming. Sadly survival will allways be "build a defence and survive". Even if the creeps per wave would be lowered more there would be much time needed to go to wave 20 and above (or even 35).

Trendy needs to acknowledge that this is a problem. I'd feel much better knowing they're aware of these issues and that something is being done about it. Even if the solution is a month away, I'd still feel better knowing that at some point in the future I'll be able to enjoy this game again, because right now I just can't bring myself to play it. It's frustrating and a complete waste of time.

The only way to get Super Loot is survival, but i cant even play for more than 1-2 hours without a disc.......

6x Alch Lab and i cant even get near wave 20 cause of Trendy/Steam mini disc. Wanna waste your time? Play DD......

Just finished wave 23 on insane survival/mix. Was sorting through items and getting ready to start wave 24 when Trendy Net thought we had gotten enough items for the day. I hate this game so much. Please Trendy, do something about this. So many players are having their time wasted. Those who haven't quit already are getting closer and closer with every frustration like this.

why are you guys DCing are you sure its just DD and not your net?

yesterday i did survival mode solo to get a giraffe and i was playing throughout the day and on early levels afking doing housework. I was probably connected to the game for 12 hours before i finally finished it.

Fail to connect Trendy
NO its Trendy Fail Hard to Maintain Its Game
what 6 hrs straight? 24,25 waves are where the best loot from
honestly trendy my ess

trendy my ***ing ess

This problem does not affect 100% of the players 100% of the time. Feel good that you are one of the lucky ones but don't accuse the many many MANY people with problems of doing something wrong.

why are you guys DCing are you sure its just DD and not your net?

The thing is, it doesn't -matter- who disconnected. So many people are having problems with this that Trendy should be doing something about it. 'Get a better internet connection' is not a valid answer to 'your game quits when there's any connection problems.' There are plenty of ways to fix this, but they haven't done any of them.

Sad thing is, that I am sure there will be nightmare difficulty for survival xD So it will remain the focus even after that content pack.

The thing is, it doesn't -matter- who disconnected. So many people are having problems with this that Trendy should be doing something about it. 'Get a better internet connection' is not a valid answer to 'your game quits when there's any connection problems.' There are plenty of ways to fix this, but they haven't done any of them.

"Get a better internet connection" isn't even an actual fix. I have a 50/50 mbps connection (Fios) and my internet has never went out for even a second since I got it in June 2010. The issue is with Trendy Net. Anyone claiming they play just fine should really be counting their blessing and realize they're just lucky and not the norm.

I find myself agreeing with this post but not all its views =P I dont know if it just a problem on console or not (what I play) it is really annoying that I can get everything in the game (I have all the trophies and weapons) but I struggle to get myself even half decent armor because the game glitches once you get past wave 15

"Get a better internet connection" isn't even an actual fix. I have a 50/50 mbps connection (Fios) and my internet has never went out for even a second since I got it in June 2010. The issue is with Trendy Net. Anyone claiming they play just fine should really be counting their blessing and realize they're just lucky and not the norm.

The overwhelming amount of people play without ever seeing a net disconnect. Only a tiny majority does. I have only once met a person ingame with net problems. Most don't.
Again, you folks aren't really understanding how network problems arise. Your connection can be perfectly stable for most things you do, and still be responsible for these issues. Your ISP might simply connect to trendy in a way that causes issues.

In fact, I'd bet most of you people that have these issues are using the same provider, or providers that use the same pathing.

It's not generally Trendy's fault, that much is obvious. I don't know if they even CAN help you. You might be out of luck. I've actually been in your position once, with battle net. Nothing worked. I thought the service was crap. I eventually changed providers for different reasons and suddenly the problem was gone.

Simply because the new provider didn't connect me the same way the old one did. No hardware was changed, no battlenet update done. It just happens. That's technology for ya.

The overwhelming amount of people play without ever seeing a net disconnect. Only a tiny majority does. I have only once met a person ingame with net problems. Most don't.
Again, you folks aren't really understanding how network problems arise. Your connection can be perfectly stable for most things you do, and still be responsible for these issues. Your ISP might simply connect to trendy in a way that causes issues.

In fact, I'd bet most of you people that have these issues are using the same provider, or providers that use the same pathing.

It's not generally Trendy's fault, that much is obvious. I don't know if they even CAN help you. You might be out of luck. I've actually been in your position once, with battle net. Nothing worked. I thought the service was crap. I eventually changed providers for different reasons and suddenly the problem was gone.

Simply because the new provider didn't connect me the same way the old one did. No hardware was changed, no battlenet update done. It just happens. That's technology for ya.

Hate to break it to you, but using logic on these forums doesn't work. Good luck :/

This is one of the reasons its better to play on console... You can play this game offline and never worry about disconnects. :)
But we cant get super loot because its like a 3rd world country with this game.. We have yet to be patched even once.

The "overwhelming majority" doesn't sit in one 6+ hour farming session for insane survival either. I never really noticed any connection issues while playing the game in shorter amounts of time, like doing campaigns and challenges (Which your overwhelming majority still are doing). But once I sat in survival for 4+ hours, connections issues would strike for some reason. The circle of people I play with, which is about 40 or so people who grind survival like I do, ALL experience the issues I describe many many times. If you talk to people who consistently try and grind survival, you're going to hear these stories a lot.

Agreed, Host migration is 100% needed at this point. Plus remove the need to rely on 500 different servers to be up in order to play. Especialy when those servers are known to be unreliable.

No, you don't understand how netorking works. You think just because YOU have never seen a disconnect that it's not a problem. Saying people who have problems are just using an ISP that connects to Trendy in a way that causes issues shows your lack of understanding.

This is NOT the fault of peoples computers or networks. It is NOT 'obvious' that it's not Trendy's fault. Saying Trendy can not help is totally wrong. They can help by not disconnecting games when these network issues come up. They are the ONLY ones who can help.

No, you don't understand how netorking works. You think just because YOU have never seen a disconnect that it's not a problem. Saying people who have problems are just using an ISP that connects to Trendy in a way that causes issues shows your lack of understanding.

This is NOT the fault of peoples computers or networks. It is NOT 'obvious' that it's not Trendy's fault. Saying Trendy can not help is totally wrong. They can help by not disconnecting games when these network issues come up. They are the ONLY ones who can help.

The concept of host migration has been around for a long time. Warcraft 3 had it and that was released in the early 2000's. I know Trendy is capable of coming up with a solution. I feel like they don't know what they want to do about this yet, therefore they're simply ignoring the issue. I don't really play this game anymore because of this issue, which makes me sad. I really enjoy Dungeon Defenders, but seeing as how I've completed all the other content the only thing left for me to do is farm survival..which is too frustrating to do.

Hello, Ill keep it short and quick.. i love the game i love everything you do.. what i do not like. after 6 times trying to do survival Trend Net dc's me before i finish, or my crystal will blow up for no reason nothing by it, no grouped up mages or archers. just BOOM you lose.. first 4 times i was like ehhhh bad luck. but after 13 more hours of attempting i have to call dungeon defenders a game that goes to my back burner until those 2 MAJOR issues get takin care of. Specially when the enphasis of your game is survival mode. I hope you guys all look into those 2 problems. EVERYONE i know that bought the game refuses to play because of those 2 bugs. Thanks for you time
-Alex

Hello, Ill keep it short and quick.. i love the game i love everything you do.. what i do not like. after 6 times trying to do survival Trend Net dc's me before i finish, or my crystal will blow up for no reason nothing by it, no grouped up mages or archers. just BOOM you lose.. first 4 times i was like ehhhh bad luck. but after 13 more hours of attempting i have to call dungeon defenders a game that goes to my back burner until those 2 MAJOR issues get takin care of. Specially when the enphasis of your game is survival mode. I hope you guys all look into those 2 problems. EVERYONE i know that bought the game refuses to play because of those 2 bugs. Thanks for you time
-Alex

Thankfully they are moving away from survival as the best place to get loot. This post here says that Nightmare difficulty will be shorter, tougher but good loot which is what I think everyone here wants. Host migration would still be welcomed though.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?29799-Dear-Trendy-will-you-be-changing-your-approach-to-the-endgame&p=224376[[908,hashtags]]

This past Sunday I decided to go for the giraffe after a few failed attempts in the past, this time doing it on Medium difficulty. 10:30am start, took a couple of breaks with group. Got to level 25 and thought the giraffe was awarded when reaching the level (like the robot when you reach level 15) but instead got a Final Wave message so it looked like you had to complete level 25. Going smoothly, 1500 mobs to go and I can finally taste the giraffe...bam "Failed to connect to TrendyNet" at 4pm. 5.5 hours wasted.