some kind of item magnet, to pull items back to where they can be picked up if they're to far out of reach *ie a item that dropped behind a doorway* you can only use it in build phase or something, or make it to where if the item is "out of bounds" when it drops it drops in bounds so that you can get it. about to lose a really good piece of upgrade gear because it got stuck behind a door to far out of my lil mage arms! *shake fist mm tower shaaaake fist*

Indeed.
Here's a screenshot of one I was trying to pick up (I forget why, probably the sell value), but couldn't reach it. It stayed around and didn't despawn due to the number of items on the ground until the wave finished and the next one started (and auto-sell kicked in).

The item seems like junk loot and, if for sell value, then it will be auto-sold, as you said. I can see this being a problem for good loot, though. As for the suggestion itself, I am not sure an item magnet is a practical idea, perhaps they could just remove the invisible barriers blocking players from entering those doorways at the end of the round. Of course, problems may arise when good items are dropped behind the barrier during the round, people would be concerned with it being replaced, but if it is good loot, then it will stick around as the lowest quality is replaced first and there is always low quality loot laying around.

Yeah it is junk loot.

Oh, I remember now. I was scooping up everything worth 300 mana or more, as it was a survival round, and more items spawn than will last until the end of the round, so I was scooping up "useless, but high cost" items to increase my monetary gains. That one just happened to be located in a place I couldn't get to it.

This one was worse:

There's a green sword on top of the pillar (along with another item). Didn't even get to auto-sell it, as I lost that wave.