Curiousity about starting wave

The reason I think that the starting waves are skipped:

Difficulty.

You are skipping waves of 1 or 2 mobs, which are easy to kill and thus are basicly 'free' mana. This mana means you can build you defense's for harder waves earlier and thus reduce the difficulty of the level.

This is why I think the waves start half way - your limited to the starting set of chests and can only build a few defenses on wave 4 or so, instead of the sustantial ones you could have set up if you had started on 1.

Yea but it sucks a lot if you have 1 mage and 3 huntresses. You could perhaps defeat the level when you start from 1 but its annoying when you start at wave 3/4.

I would rather have start from 1 and give people the option to start later themselves.

The reason I think that the starting waves are skipped:

Difficulty.

Then why have I NEVER seen Wave 1 on Forge and Foundies, not even on my first playthrough?

Then why have I NEVER seen Wave 1 on Forge and Foundies, not even on my first playthrough?

Did you do your first play through on the easiest setting?

It was less then a week ago someone from Trendy pointed out it was because of some technical issues that have just never been a high priority to fix.

i think that the reason it starts on a later wave is because the games onboard biography tends to delete its own history and therefore the gods of chickens hesitate to release such dramatic re-enactments. or the goblins ran out of msg.

My assumption is that it starts later on so you can't farm easy mana on the early waves on high difficulties due to the way their wave system is implemented.

Still no offical word on this anywhere?
they stated that it's some kind of technical limitation. obvious blown smoke, but the real reason is probably boring

It's technically not robbing you of anything because those waves essentially don't exist. Maybe the technical limitation has something to do with challenges and the number of waves involved in them? It doesn't really make sense, but I'm trying here ;P

Honestly, if they apparently are having 'technical issues' with a game they freaking coded from scratch then just lower the damn waves the 3/4 they are unable to give us, seems kind of half assed that they give that kind of excuse, if they tested this for the looooooong delay they put us through for the game and KNEW about it, why didn't they put any effort into fixing it. Honestly, just seems like lazy developing from the standpoint of the wave crap.

I once thought it came because:

Easy starts at wave 1 and ends at 5
Medium from 2 - 6
Hard from 3 - 7
Insane from 4-8

Or something like that. It COULD make sense, but I dno.

Still no offical word on this anywhere?

The official word was that it was working as intended... never quite really explained why, but it's not a bug or a mistake. It was in another thread very similar to this. Seeing as how this got necroed from a week ago, the other one is probably still out there too. I think it was around the same time as this thread.

I would like this to be simply changed... since everywhere people are complaining about it. If not then I'm... well'm not ok with it but I would love an better explanation to why and how at least. They might aswell do 5 waves total instead of 7 then if you always start later.

Also want an responce/comment on mana using pets; http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?15029-Healing-pets-still-useless-.&p=118714[[603,hashtags]].

If it is working as intended, the reason is not communicated to the player WHY they are starting on wave 4 of 8.

If it for scaling, they could just say "Starting Wave: X" on the first wave, showing it is deliberate and not a bug.

All we are asking for is a clear reason & clarification, because at the moment it is just stupid.