@Trendy, my little contribution

i am sadly no computer wizard or program engineer, we have seen alot of GREAT stuff on the "addons" part so far

i have a few questions to it, and also my 5 cents on how to improve the game

first, taking a look on the great helping things on the forum, the defenders store, the strategy planning tool, the calculator, would it be possible to implement any of them into the game?

imagine being able to set up the map on a whiteboard in your tavern with your friends before going in.

imagine calculating your item INGAME before you spend mana on upgrading it.

imagine the store run by players, so that you could compare your items ingame with out all the hassle of looking at number from webpage into the game and back again, and maybe even the calculator in the store aswell, so you can calc the stuff before you buy, and the sellers would know what is worth the time putting up

the few other things i could see would help improve have been mentioned on the forum page many times, but i will mention them again, so instead of telling me to use the search and what not, respond with constructive criticism.

i would love a button that would take you back to the lobby instead of the main menu

a reconnect button if you dc

a restriction on players joining games, you wont be able to hit G the first round unless the owner/someone else in the game already done it

a restriction on the kick feature, wont be able to kick instantly when people join, and if they kick X amount of times, make it a private game or remove it from the custom list, when i join a game of survival that is still on wave 14, its because i wanna help and work with them, im decently geared and able to speak, but they kick me even before i am done loading and have time to say hey my name is...

a fix to the vac, i havent had it since patch 7.11, because i made sure never to join games that were hidden on my friends list, but i know that is how it would kick in - if this is already fixed, please give a clear word on it, so we dont have to be afraid of joining friends games in case they hid it.

that would be my stuff for now, feel free to comment with your thoughts

if all you want to say is negative stuff instead of comments that is possible to work with, then save your time from posting it.

last but not least. Thanks for an awesome game, i love the community most of the time, i know you cant make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, so dont worry about those that are just shouting around with nothing to contribute with, i respect everybodies opinion, but that doesnt mean i have to agree ^^

~iluc

would also love a thread with Q&A for some of the more popular questions asked on the forum

The most important feature imo is a reconnect button for when you dc(no matter why or how)

It should have been in the game since the start or atleast been introduced in one of the latest patches, i am no computer wizard either (i like that, gonna use it too, wizard is a funny word:D) so i wonder if it's actually possible at all?

It is. As an example to it, I'm gonna point at DoTA (For anyone who doesn't know, DotA is a MAP in the game Warcraft 3). Some time ago, they made a reconnect tool so that you could connect back to the game if you lagged out or something. If it can be made by a map of a game, why can't it be made by a game?

wizards ftw xD anyways, i think it would be possible, as other games have it, but the difference is probally who is hosting, if its the player that is the host and they are connected through trendynet, i dont see why it doesnt autosave it that moment on the pc, unless ofc its to prevent altering of data, but gah, now i feel why i aint no wiz myself D:

someone enlighten us D: why is the reconnect not there? and will it ever be implemented?

wizards ftw xD anyways, i think it would be possible, as other games have it, but the difference is probally who is hosting, if its the player that is the host and they are connected through trendynet, i dont see why it doesnt autosave it that moment on the pc, unless ofc its to prevent altering of data, but gah, now i feel why i aint no wiz myself D:

someone enlighten us D: why is the reconnect not there? and will it ever be implemented?

It SHOULD be possible to make some system where dc=server autosaves everything: towers, mobs on the map and their position, mobs not spawned yet, MAYBE even items and mana on the ground
And if the SERVER saved it, people wouldnt be able to alter it without hacking the server(using scripts isnt hacking. Hacking is way more work, and if you can do it, you would have more useful stuff to do than hacking your DunDef gear)

It SHOULD be possible to make some system where dc=server autosaves everything: towers, mobs on the map and their position, mobs not spawned yet, MAYBE even items and mana on the ground
And if the SERVER saved it, people wouldnt be able to alter it without hacking the server(using scripts isnt hacking. Hacking is way more work, and if you can do it, you would have more useful stuff to do than hacking your DunDef gear)

Or you do what LoL does, run everything serverside so it is impossible for any manipulation. It also means that as long as 1 player is connected to that game, regardless of who they are, the game will remain active. If a player disconnects, have them autowalk to somewhere safe, tell the AI to ignore them and resume, when they reconnect they take control of their avatar and the ai recognises it as a threat again. As for server load, this is perfectly possible, LoL has like over 5million users that play games daily.

To be honest, I agree with all of them. Although there is a form of item calculator for those who play ranked only that I noticed:
>Copy ranked data to local
>Open DDDK
>Launch the Tavern map
>addmana 50000000
>Upgrade item as you please.
It's been useful when I want to compare 2 items (such as weapons) without spending mana on both in my ranked game.

But still, I would LOVE the reconnect button. There have been many times where you get very far into something (maybe something like GH insane or Alch Labs wave 20+) then suddenly, you d/c and lose all of your progress. It just makes people want to click the exit button and play something else.

Or something that would be nice is a quicksave feature. For those who don't know what quicksaving is, it creates a save (will be serverside if it's ranked) that will be deleted when you come back. So it's like a pause button for your game, with more freedom to go to sleep, join another friend to have fun, ect. I doubt I will ever get decent superloot because of lack of time. I only really have enough time to reach wave 20 on Alch Labs so having something like this would mean so much. Heck, I would PAY to have afeature like this.