[Steam Giveaway] Black Magix's DLC Giveaway

I really like the youtube guides because they give me a good idea of how I should set up my towers. I don't normally enjoy tower defense games because I'm not really good at them, so the guides remove a lot of my frustration.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt my favorite contribution is the web based strategy tool. It allows us to easily make the theory of a build, without the need of entering the game to show it to the rest of the players. Although it's just theory (you never know how it'll turn out until you try), it really helps out.

P.S: [Insert history of a dying familiar to ensure win](It's an old trick :P)

I think my favorite aspect of the community tools are the strategy guides, as well... Don't get me wrong, stuff like the DD Calculator and DD Store is great (anything similar will always boost the community), but having up-to-date, accurate and insightful strategy guides is invaluable to players who don't (or can't) keep up with the forums every day, or be in IRC.

With the web strategy guides, it's as simple as opening a browser window (or in Steam, even simpler by pressing Shift-Tab and using Steam's built-in browser overlay) to instantly get up-to-date strategies for every map and challenge. The people who contribute like this should definitely be rewarded somehow! (And YouTube guides are often equally as helpful, if not more, depending on the info you're looking for.)

Cheers, and thanks for making the DunDef community so great!

PS: I've gotta point out one more thing that's simply awesome, and I never knew it even existed until just tonight... It's a Java, Web-based tool made by "Cubicle Ninja" that lets you access pictures of all the maps and set your own "tower markers" anywhere you want, to show a specific build strategy:

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/

You can create your own map set up and share it with others via a custom URL! Pretty sweet stuff! Things like this are just awesome, and the community that does these things are half the reason I play DunDef.

this is cool, so long you don't ask for things in return (as you stated).

so carry on!

I'd have to say that I'd like to thank the DefendersStore the most. It's really impressive that it could organize all of the weapons that are being sold. I can see it ending up being one of the best contributions to the community, as it accomplishes a lot of things. The fact that I can see whether a seller is online or not, while comparing it with other sellers makes it really awesome. And it's constantly being built upon. It's easy to use, has a great filter system, and is much less cluttered than the store section of the forum.

The store will, as long as it stays online, will probably always be able to support the game. As opposed to guides, which may lose their use in an update, the chance of the store losing its use is much lower.

It's a longterm, super effective/efficient tool for the community to use, and I feel that it is the thing that helps me out the most in the game. I've made many trades thanks to it, and it's easy to use.

My favorite contribution is the gender comparison by Takin. It can be found here:
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?28824-Gender-Wars-Which-class-is-better

I have not yet bought the DLC with the gender heroes and this gave me some good information to put it in perspective if it is a good purchase. $4 or 5 may not seem like a lot to some but I am in college and not currently working, so it is a big deal. He broke down every difference and did so in a great format that was easy to read/follow.

I think my favorite contribution is the youtube guides, because without them, I would have no idea where to set up my towers or auras! Thanks to all the people who uploaded guides on youtube that I was able to reach level 70 on my apprentice! :D

My favorite community contribution is people actually playing the game. There have been countless multiplayer games that never stood a chance because nobody played them.

Wow..

This community has been so great, even with all the bickering as of late, it's almost hard to choose.

Love the defender's store, and once the DevKit DLC came out people were flocking to make excellent additions to an already great game. The store, the autoshoot, the first person view.. and all 3 are literally going to be in game (in a way) by next patch.

However, what helped me the most was probably videos, mostly Vicious (you're easy listening dude) but I watch pretty much any video I can find to get some ideas for my own builds. Really cuts down on hours not having to guess and check yourself, then being able to mimic a build and "fix" what you think would make it better. Or mix and match :)

Love this community <3

I find the DunDefCalc created by Oolius is a great contribution. It lets me decide how I want to put the stats for my weapon and how will it effect it without having to waste any of my hard earned mana. It's a great tool to use.

My favorite Contribution will have to be the Youtube guides. Those have helped me through the hardest content in the game and have given me a good idea how to build my characters. They also make for great entertainment on days that I don't feel like playing DD.

My favorite community contribution are the *amazing* DDDK tutorials by Cr4zy, found on the master-tutorial-list and his website.

They're a great help to people looking to start modding, even with only basic familiarity with the UDK. They're simple, concise, but give enough information on the workings for branching out on one's own. All together, exactly what you want and need in a tutorial!

(and I also appreciate all those people appreciating my maps, I'm glad that they're proving to be useful!)

-- edit --

I'd be remiss if I didn't sneak this in here, mentioning community contributions and mods without mentioning the great guys at Dungeon Defenders Nexus and DD Heaven for providing hosting for the mods and tutorials!

Suppose I would like to enter so that I can make videos w/ the DLC

My fav contribution is the other high end video makers. We have two that come to mind.

Daddy needs a new Countess :D

::blows on dice::