Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards Expansion Concerns/Idea For TRENDY!

First part will hit by mid-December: includes a new campaign mission, enemy type, boss, 10 new items, 1 new familiar, new PvP battleground and new challenge mission.

Cheers,
Jer

I have a major concern with the new Lost Crystal Expansion that is being released in December, and was wondering if someone at Trendy could clarify this for me. When you say "new campaign mission" does that mean just a single map or a series (3-4) of maps leading up to the boss?

If it's not the latter, would it be possible to postpone the release and perhaps add a couple maps to this expansion? I'm sure the community would be fine with a price hike and postpone release for a series of maps.

I bring this up because I feel it's safe to say the majority of the community doesn't even play PvP, and having one PvE map doesn't exactly sound like expansion to me. It sounds more like dlc, something that would have been released with the 7.11 patch.

*Idea for Trendy Below*
Or hell, you could even have the community make a few maps and have a contest. The best maps make it into Trendy Ranked! I think it would definitely rejuvenate the community and start getting this game back into its former glory. Where people played PvE maps for the fun of it, and obtained cool loot because they achieved something... Not walk into a shop and be charged 200 million for apiece of armor.*

The community maps would be free dlc released every other month, making everyone happy. Giving you the option to release paid/high quality dlc maps every month. Gaining the support of the community, and overall less headaches for you personally. :P

*Note: True story, this happened when I walked into a shop yesterday. I then asked, "So I pretty much need to be a mana hacker to buy anything here?"

He simply replied, "Yep."

I would expect the campaign to be a series of maps with a Boss ending. I also expect to have to pay for it ;)

i love how first it was in november and now it in december next it will be in januray

IKR!!!

It's like, problems never arise. I'm willing to bet you've never been late to anything, ever.

Must be nice to be awesome.

A handful of maps for this new campaign would be nice.

That's what I'm saying, if the expansion is simply a single map you will see a much harsher backlash than what you saw with 7.11. I think they should get the community to help create creative content.

IKR!!!

It's like, problems never arise. I'm willing to bet you've never been late to anything, ever.

Must be nice to be awesome.

Dude, have you checked out me today... I look PRETTY awesome.

ON TOPIC: Im 99% certain they said the expansion will include a new CAMPAIGN. Campaign = more than 1 map. Along with new enemies.

Lrn2research.

Trendy should really pay attention to this idea.

It really worked out well for Bioware (Neverwinter Nights - CEP, the Vault, etc.) in boosting morale and they didn't even have to manage any of it. Everything was user-submitted and user-maintained.

The campaign will most likely be 4 maps w/ 1 new boss. They will most likely be T4 Maps w/ 4 crystals to defend, but I am not going to get my hopes up for that. I am going to assume this expansion will cost 10$ as well... I wonder what the 10 new items will be. I can imagine 2 weapons per class, but that's 8... so I wonder if the "new" class/job will be coming out before this expansion hits.

The campaign will most likely be 4 maps w/ 1 new boss. They will most likely be T4 Maps w/ 4 crystals to defend, but I am not going to get my hopes up for that. I am going to assume this expansion will cost 10$ as well... I wonder what the 10 new items will be. I can imagine 2 weapons per class, but that's 8... so I wonder if the "new" class/job will be coming out before this expansion hits.

Yep, Barbarian are already confirmed for the next expansion

I'll bet you it'll only be one new map. Look how many new maps we have so far, that's right, none.

90% its going to be one map. And I can even tell you which map and I am pretty sure I know the boss as well, but I don't think trendy would appreciate me sharing it with everyone.

Hey guys, I bought groceries last week and when I went to the grocery store today, they expected me to pay for more groceries, WTF!

Hey guys, I bought groceries last week and when I went to the grocery store today, they expected me to pay for more groceries, WTF!

Quoted for truth

Best quote of the whole thread.

i love how first it was in november and now it in december next it will be in januray

>First time it was delayed
Did you read the reason why?

I don't care how many maps there are but Trendy, please don't stick the crystal next to enemy respawns (i.e. Spook/Warping Crystal DLC). It's a artificial difficulty that isn't fun to play against.

First the content is Done, Completed, Finish. You can blame Microsoft for the delay. They have this little policy about DLC that you have to release it first or at the same time on Xbox or they won't let it go through.

What Trendy waiting for is Microsoft to say it's OK to release on xbox, before they can release it on any other system. So it can be anywhere from tomorrow to weeks from now before it is released.

Yep, Barbarian are already confirmed for the next expansion

Barbarian should be cool, but honestly they need more content. You can only twist stuff so far before it become monotonous.

• 2 weeks later...
Barbarian should be cool, but honestly they need more content. You can only twist stuff so far before it become monotonous.

I'm very happy with the content we have received as compared to the console versions I converted from the Xbox version because I don't like waiting for things. However this will continue to be a problem to get new big content every time Trendy wants to bring big new stuff out for all systems we will all.have to wait for Microsoft to approve it first. So instead of complaining on these forums about something Trendy can't control do something constructive and write a complaint to or on Microsofts forums complaining about their business practices. And please be happy with the extra content you do have on pc as the consoles have nothing and will always hold us all back when it comes to huge content updates.