In regards to the Adept model.

Now, overall I'm pleased to finally have the option to play my own gender. The concept art didn't look absolutely terrible for Adept, but I was a bit disappointed, being someone who enjoyed playing her apprentice, I was looking forward to Adept.. but her model is just atrocious.

I mean it look worse while making it than it did in game, and the only redeeming part of the entire outfit is the sleeves. Outside of that, the rest is terrible. the back end of the half-skirt clips terribly, and her movements seem a little jagged. her limbs seem a little oddly rendered and overall the little cross-leather straps across her torso just look absolutely terrible.

Someone posted a wonderful fanart of what they wanted her to look like and I thought it looked rather amazing. I love this game, and it has provided me hundreds of hours of fun. Though my only request is that her model be redone or that we get alternate costumes for her/the new genders. balancing can be done over time, but i realize it may not always be easy to render a completely different model, but so far as I see it, I feel rather terrible about it. The one (outside of countess, which i am thoroughly pleased with) character I wanted to play, and her model just makes me sad. :(

Please Trendy~ I am sure this is something that can be fixed! It doesn't have to be right away, but I am sure the rest of the mage-like playerbase would be pleased~! <3

Thank you for listening to my request~

~Mikase

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, i hope somewhere along the line they get their own voices, not the recycled monk and huntress sounds. Something that annoyed me more than the adept model.

MacPimpin supports this as well, the Macolytes are with you. The fan art drawing was well done to the point, I was impressed with what she was to look like...

then sadness when it was just another skilled fan :-P

Also, i hope somewhere along the line they get their own voices, not the recycled monk and huntress sounds. Something that annoyed me more than the adept model.

I agree. I pointed this out to my boyfriend and he wasn't all too pleased about it either. I felt a little cheated that they didn't have their own voices, and that the adept wasn't rendered as well as we'd all have liked. Outside of Countess, makes me wonder why I even bothered paying for it. :(

MacPimpin supports this as well, the Macolytes are with you. The fan art drawing was well done to the point, I was impressed with what she was to look like...

then sadness when it was just another skilled fan :-P

Well the outfit was well done at least (in the fanart that is). The hair ingame as it is moves oddly too. though idle it looks fine. I appreciate everyone's support on this matter. :)

The only real problems I have are the voices, they could at LEAST change the pitches of the voices.
Other than that I find the model fine somewhat.

The model itself just looks rushed, and the recycling of animations of sounds...It just shows the amount of effort.

I realize deadlines need to be met, but there needs to be some quality in these releases....

I feel slightly cheated, i really do enjoy the game and want to support Trendy. But, if this is what is to be expected of the barbarian and Series CV...I just wont bother.

They should have made her look more mage like and not more (no offense) nerd like

I can agree with this here. There is nothing wrong with a stereotypical nerd look, just it was poorly executed here. :(

The model itself just looks rushed, and the recycling of animations of sounds...It just shows the amount of effort.

I realize deadlines need to be met, but there needs to be some quality in these releases....

I feel slightly cheated, i really do enjoy the game and want to support Trendy. But, if this is what is to be expected of the barbarian and Series CV...I just wont bother.

Pretty much what Revvy said. I want to support Trendy, as I enjoy this game very much. But something I was looking so forward to, only to see it look like it was rushed, just made me a very very sad magess. :(

Someone posted a wonderful fanart of what they wanted her to look like and I thought it looked rather amazing.

Not meaning to get a little ahead of myself here, but are you talking about http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?27841-Thoughts-on-the-new-quot-Characters-quot&p=211183&viewfull=1[[887,hashtags]] ?

Also I agree wholeheartedly. The design is just awful, pointless and really doesn't fit the description given to the adept. It seems last minute and uninspired and is generally really bad character design, the model is also shoddy and badly rigged. She looks like an old lady and I was so disappointed when I saw the ingame model as apprentice is my favourite class too.

I give all my respect to the character designers and the modellers but it's just terrible.

On the other hand, I think they completely hit the mark with the female monk's design. I love her eyebrows and her thicker build, it's very appropriate.

Not meaning to get a little ahead of myself here, but are you talking about http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?27841-Thoughts-on-the-new-quot-Characters-quot&p=211183&viewfull=1[[887,hashtags]] ?

Also I agree wholeheartedly. The design is just awful, pointless and really doesn't fit the description given to the adept. It seems last minute and uninspired and is generally really bad character design, the model is also shoddy and badly rigged. She looks like an old lady and I was so disappointed when I saw the ingame model as apprentice is my favourite class too.

I give all my respect to the character designers and the modellers but it's just terrible.

On the other hand, I think they completely hit the mark with the female monk's design. I love her eyebrows and her thicker build, it's very appropriate.

yes I meant the first one in that post. I actually thought it came out very well. but Adept made me cry inside.

I agree with the monk. I have no problem with it, though some of her animations could use a little work, otherwise it's fine.

I mean I'd be satisfied if they somehow rendered that fanart into the new outfit. I think it'd fit the whole female mage idea rather well.

+1 to change model -.-;

I mean I'd be satisfied if they somehow rendered that fanart into the new outfit. I think it'd fit the whole female mage idea rather well.

I'm all for this =)

Bump~ I feel this should be seen by Trendy~ Though i have a feeling they went to bed for the night. D:

I'll give a bump in the morning, i'm 100% with you on this