The Value of the All Mighty Dollar and DLC

Perhaps the original price of the game was under priced, making the DLC in proportion to the full game price seem unfair. The DLC for this game seems proportionate to value you gained from the fallout DLC, perhaps a bit less.

or F2P with the way they going with the DLC.
on a sidenote : terraria is getting free gender change :]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i did buy the heroes, only becase i had some free time and was bored.

They are alright, but def rehashes of the old ones.

maybe they will change things.

I'm just disappointed and annoyed that they didn't make new guardians, animus and at least give them a thanksgiving day costume (which I was also hoping they would have their own versions of the halloween costumes.) ... we paid for the characters and they are already being ignored. I would understand the 4$ price tag if they were treated like real characters and were at least given those kinds of things.

I'm just disappointed and annoyed that they didn't make new guardians, animus and at least give them a thanksgiving day costume (which I was also hoping they would have their own versions of the halloween costumes.) ... we paid for the characters and they are already being ignored. I would understand the 4$ price tag if they were treated like real characters and were at least given those kinds of things.

I have some of the same complaints as well. I bought them and honestly, i regret the purchase. They only tried to make the genders different in some way to justify actually charging for them, and it was a rushed, VERY rushed job to boot.

[QUOTE]I'm just disappointed and annoyed that they didn't make new guardians, animus and at least give them a thanksgiving day costume (which I was also hoping they would have their own versions of the halloween costumes.) ... we paid for the characters and they are already being ignored. I would understand the 4$ price tag if they were treated like real characters and were at least given those kinds of things. [/QUOTE]

Yes, not what one could expect from something he actually paid for. More like stuff for a free dlc or at least for less money, and i'm the first to be sorry because i buyed the dlc expecting something better.

I don't know if it was mentioned somewhere before, but I wouldn't mind having the DLC purchasable on digital download locations like Gamestop's Impulse store... They could maybe make it possible to purchase the DLC packages from those sites and provide a code of sorts to be able to install it onto Steam or something, but then again... I wouldn't know how that would work in the end... But again, it was just an idea I thought of

well anyone who bought the game from a 3rd party shoulda got a steam code to get it on steam.

So you can get the DLC through steam that way.

kinda your only option for now.

oh the thread was moved to suggestions.

Not very fitting, as i wasnt really suggesting anything, just bringing points into light and allowing the disscusion of thigns in a hospitable manor.

Plus no one looks at this thread, so rage threads in the general disscusion will still show up, where as this thread was trying to bring light to those people to maybe redirect their rage or eliminate it all together heh

Usually, the value of a DLC is relitive to the amount of content it provides. This is the way its been done in the past, and seems to be a good system as its used in todays world all over.

That may be how many clients gauge it, but buisness uses two more gauges. How well it will sell, and hard it is to make.

...Statisticly speaking, thats good content for the value. you pay 10% of the orignal cost, and get 25% of the content. And there were a number of these DLCs, all only 5 bucks with the same amount of content.

Since this isn't about fallout I'll make it short. Two words "Construction set". This knocks out the DLC "share" even on content gauge. If we gauge nessesary work (which shows less "user friendly" results even for barely modable games), than I suspect MUCH smaller "share".

What did DD provide for 15 bucks? 100+ hours of Gameplay on average. 4 Classes with unique Towers and Abilities. 10+ Maps. 10+ Challenges. Survival Mode. Pure Strategy Mode. And Hundreds of Weapons and Armor and Pets.

Thats a hell of alot for 15 bucks.

Agreed, and that's where the rat is burried. Those original "15 bucks worth" of content came with BUGS and design flaws.
These needed work to be fixed (and still need more btw), work that WASN'T accounted for in those 15 bucks. Now they are trying to cover that cost. This is what causes a percieved "twist' in prices. Well, that's the way I see it.

Now, what do the DLCs provide?
The problem here Trendy is you are Valueing your DLC way too high for the content they provide. You need to step back and make a choice.

My local priceing is different, actually migh even provide different "relative prices" but this isn't about my local prices.

Dont try to live off initial sales of the game and hope that lasts because it wont if people leave because of poor descisions on your part when it comes to what content is free or paid.

That's how the others do it, you know. Or rather did it, before the market suffered the DLC pague. And I recon that their DLC pricing is actually the result of a miscalculated price. (DD+Pathces is worth more that 15 bucks to be honest)

...These shouldnt even really be a DLC...

DLC stands for downloadable content. It didn't initially mean "stuff to be sold separately".
However it's only benefit IS being able to sell something separately. (Reverses to a downside when that hits MP games)
"Shouldn't even be a DLC" can only mean 1 thing - should have been originally bundled with the game.
But in reality nothing is free. It's just that buisness tags it's prices in a peculiar way.
So generally when we buy a game we pay for a lot of stuff. Part of that we do not need.
Bottom line - SHOULD be a DLC as long as there are any DLCs for that game. Honestly I'd have them sell each hero separately, I'd even want to get my money back for squire (Purely from the principal viewpoint - I'm not supporting a pantless (male) hero development, I'm not supporting Adept's or Ranger's style either), but that's going too deep.

Where single player is concerned the more content is separated the better. Ability to make more precise votes with customer's own monney migh affect the market positively.

MP is a whole different matter however, and here I'd rather have them stop the DLC nonsence and look for alternative revenue sources.

Here's a thread that has more details on that

Aside from the fact that his alternative scares me more than original, an author has a point - Selling DLC is not a good option for MP games.