The Value of the All Mighty Dollar and DLC

the game currently is cheaper as the DLC >.>
4 new reskins with slighty different skills +
4 new halloween skins +
4 of the same maps in a slighty different mode +
1 map changed to a halloween theme
, costs currently more as the game itself...

I thought they said they didn't want to even charge for the first expansion, but since console companies didn't allow that it would only cost a few $. But after already having DLC adding up to half the game's price, I doubt that will happen. Looks to me like they milking the community, just like magicka and call of duty did, only now we get a few free things on the way to stop us from quitting.

Also been getting this pay2win idea, when reading the new hero skills. They sound stronger as the old ones. Although since I haven't spend 4$ on it, I didn't to try it myself yet.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^Access to mode types that are only available in DLC for starters.

Warping core on new maps? Gotta buy the DLC to do that with anyone else who already has it.

Unless they pulled a sanctum and only the host has to own the mode/map thing.

The new warping core maps, while does give new items, doesn't give the best of the best. you can get better items elsewere.

one reason why I feel the holloween spooktackular (even if it was given out for free to all before 11/11) was a horrible choice since it gave the best of the best before super-loots came.

I am fairly disappointed with Trendy with respect to the DLC. The Hero pack should not cost anything. I'm sorry, but they put absolutely no effort into making these 'new' heroes and thus no money should be made from it. What did it take, a few hours of coding and graphic design? Get real. The game has been out for maybe a month and there is already payed DLC? This game was practically in the beta stage until now, this should not be DLC, but free updates.

I'm afraid to think how much your time is worth...nothing?

guys ignore each other, no need to start fights.

Cyrup has a point kinda, went a little ovverboar with talkign about it, but the conetn value per dollar is kinda low on the DLC. Maybe it took a bit longer than he said, but its still kinda low.

I think I might be a minority on this, but I was more than happy to buy both DLC packs (I even picked up the heroes as well for my significant other cause we both love the game. Trendy has given us free Halloween challenge and 2 sets of costumes (before post Halloween price), free Thanksgiving map + costumes, constant patches and adjustments, and even providing their own server without any advertising. Heck the DLC came out with 20% off on it as well right at the starting gate. I spent maybe about $10 between myself and my significant other, and while the content of the DLC might not seem exactly worth the $10, it's definitely worth it if it keeps Trendy alive and updating as they are. I'm honestly interested in what kind of challenge map might come out for Christmas and the holiday skins they'll release.

I buy DLC for two reasons: 1) I like the content and feel it is worth it and 2) I like to support the company who made it. Reason 1 wasn't very strong for this pair, but Reason 2 more than covered it.

So the DLC would be worth it if the original game cost $50+ ???

No, because the skins pack offers 0 extra gameplay.

I think I might be a minority on this, but I was more than happy to buy both DLC packs (I even picked up the heroes as well for my significant other cause we both love the game. Trendy has given us free Halloween challenge and 2 sets of costumes (before post Halloween price), free Thanksgiving map + costumes, constant patches and adjustments, and even providing their own server without any advertising. Heck the DLC came out with 20% off on it as well right at the starting gate. I spent maybe about $10 between myself and my significant other, and while the content of the DLC might not seem exactly worth the $10, it's definitely worth it if it keeps Trendy alive and updating as they are. I'm honestly interested in what kind of challenge map might come out for Christmas and the holiday skins they'll release.

I buy DLC for two reasons: 1) I like the content and feel it is worth it and 2) I like to support the company who made it. Reason 1 wasn't very strong for this pair, but Reason 2 more than covered it.

You say they gave us halloween map and thanksgiving map, when they are just modified old maps.

Just wanted to clarify that.

And the Events only goto people who play on ranked. Those of us who chose open at the start before any changes were made, dont get the luxuary of events on time.

=P

This post is really nice.

When i today came online on dd, i was like, ooh cool new guys & new maps.
Then i went to the download page, and it said i needed to pay.

This is actually forcing the ppl around u to buy it, because or else u might be a noob to your friends. (also the new armour prob will cost more etc etc)

THIS IS NOT GOOD. I rather buy a game for 50€ then i have to buy a game which costs me 10€ & i am ''forced'' to buy the updates to keep on playing this game. I knew the game was underpriced at start. They are just milking us out. What will be next, another few maps? oh yeah u gotta pay ..

btw free bump

the game currently is cheaper as the DLC >.>
4 new reskins with slighty different skills +
4 new halloween skins +
4 of the same maps in a slighty different mode +
1 map changed to a halloween theme
, costs currently more as the game itself...

I thought they said they didn't want to even charge for the first expansion, but since console companies didn't allow that it would only cost a few $. But after already having DLC adding up to half the game's price, I doubt that will happen. Looks to me like they milking the community, just like magicka and call of duty did, only now we get a few free things on the way to stop us from quitting.

Also been getting this pay2win idea, when reading the new hero skills. They sound stronger as the old ones. Although since I haven't spend 4$ on it, I didn't to try it myself yet.

Halloween map was free all maps added via trendy Net are free at release and will become later paid
They give slot free away and spam patches and they need to earn a bit money be happy that Most dc of them are timed free btw youre not forced to buy the gender swaps
sent from my HTC Sensation XE With beats Audio using tapatalk

the new chars are reasonable as well as the dlc cost, its all a mattaer of is it worth it to you to get! I love this game and they keep updating it for free we should be so lucky

If they combined BOTH things, I would consider paying a $, 2 tops and thta would be pushing it for whats almost entirely costmetic and maps in a boring mode with a limited playerbase due to their dlc nature.

If trendys going to do DLC MAPS, they need to be much larger packs. As in 4-5 maps in campaign with assossiated challanges might warrent 4-5$

Halloween map was free all maps added via trendy Net are free at release and will become later paid
They give slot free away and spam patches and they need to earn a bit money be happy that Most dc of them are timed free btw youre not forced to buy the gender swaps
sent from my HTC Sensation XE With beats Audio using tapatalk

it's overpriced :O 4 maps you already got with some tiny modifications to make it warping core. That really isn't worth anything near 2€. As far as I have seen it's the exact same maps. Ofcourse nobody is making me buy it, but same can be said about the 56€ black ops DLC. I don't have a problem with paying for DLC, but the prices are just insane. I would definately describe it as milking the community, with DLC like the warping core map pack.

The Heroes and Turkey Hunt are optional content. Warping Core is optional content. The Heroes aren't different enough to worry about, so you should only care about them if you really want to play a gender-swap. Warping Core provides unique loot ... that you will replace soon anyway.

And really. $5? $2? That's a bargain. League of Legends skins cost more than that just to get ONE. TF2 charges you more than that for a bloody HAT.

Trendy is a business. In order to keep doing what they're doing, they need more cash. You guys are always complaining about how **** needs to be tested more, or how Trendy needs to hire more people, etc., but those things cost money. Unlike Dungeon Defender, paying for employees and bills is not a one-time purchase.

Seriously, Trendy is busting their *** from the look of these patch notes, making lots of changes all the time to make the game better. They listen to you guys a lot, even though they really shouldn't. You don't want to pay $2 for extra challenge maps that the team spent tons of man-hours developing? Fine, don't. But don't act like it's unreasonable.

And really. $5? $2? That's a bargain. League of Legends skins cost more than that just to get ONE. TF2 charges you more than that for a bloody HAT.

so what? that's like saying a 500$ watch is a bargain cuz they go all the way up to 5,000,000$. Anyway, where they could have made 2€ for a few chars and new modes for existing maps I decided to just buy an entire game instead on the sale. Also less likely to purchase DLC in the future, as the game becomes less exciting without things to do.

That's not meant offensively, but if you get me to level up a new character all the way to 70, I'm more likely to purchase something new, then if I haven't played the game for 2 weeks.

At least the PC is getting the updates and DLC the consoles are getting nothing. Equal support across all platforms? None of that costing to patch stuff either. I know all good and well about that. It would be nice if they would actually try to release us DLC, I don't care if I have to pay for it, us console players are not getting anything compared to PC players.

so what? that's like saying a 500$ watch is a bargain cuz they go all the way up to 5,000,000$. Anyway, where they could have made 2€ for a few chars and new modes for existing maps I decided to just buy an entire game instead on the sale. Also less likely to purchase DLC in the future, as the game becomes less exciting without things to do.

That's not meant offensively, but if you get me to level up a new character all the way to 70, I'm more likely to purchase something new, then if I haven't played the game for 2 weeks.

Well, the point I was trying to raise was that, relative to other DLCs in other games, DD's is very cheap.

And personally, I think it's very cheap objectively, too. $2 is, like, the price of a bottle of soda over here. And it's for completely optional content.

It's not free (I never assumed that it was or wasn't going to be, so I'm not disappointed on that score), but all things considered? Hell yeah, I'll pay for that content. Seems super reasonable, and helps the developers of the game that I like continue to make the game good.

Shocked at this. We were told they would have new abilities, but they are recycled. MORE THAN HALF OF THEM. And you want to make us pay 3.50 for skins? Hell no. And the Warping Core content pack is just recycled maps...

And personally, I think it's very cheap objectively, too. $2 is, like, the price of a bottle of soda over here. And it's for completely optional content.

from what I heard from other ppl it's not entirely optional, as you will need it if you want the best stuff.

Perhaps the original price of the game was under priced, making the DLC in proportion to the full game price seem unfair. The DLC for this game seems proportionate to value you gained from the fallout DLC, perhaps a bit less.