The Value of the All Mighty Dollar and DLC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wait its not 4 character , it is 4 skin .

It could have easily been made into a simple button for male and female when creating a hero.
That's just what I assumed it as prior to the teaser pics.

haha well thats good. glad the ladies got ladies to play, oh and that man monk with breasts XD

ill give it time before i buy the character pack. just let thigns settle first.

^^^^ this, this my god this.

And every, single, one of you who bought the DLC, yet are complaining about the content or how it was delivered... need to understand something so very important... ***You speak louder with your dollar than you do your words.*** If as soon as they set that nice, juicy DLC that you "may" have assumed was going to be complimentary in front of you and told you, only then, "That'll be $10"... you had the chance to tell them no. Voicing your opinion after giving them your money is pointless. No lesson learned.

i havent bought it as some kind of statement.

I just have no desire at the current moment to play DD or level new toons.

Ill look into it after thanksgiving, just dont have the time for it right now.

=]

i havent bought it as some kind of statement.

I just have no desire at the current moment to play DD or level new toons.

Ill look into it after thanksgiving, just dont have the time for it right now.

=]

My original support of your quote was in agreement with letting things settle.

I believe in letting everyone else play test it and work the bugs out, as I'm never in a hurry to buy a game or DLC.

My original support of your quote was in agreement with letting things settle.

I believe in letting everyone else play test it and work the bugs out, as I'm never in a hurry to buy a game or DLC.

Well ill get DLC if i want it. like somethings just... sppeal to you immediatly, regardles sof price.

XD

But just as of now, with the comotion on the furms and the holiday im waiting a couple days probably.

=]

oh i usually buy DLCs for game si support. just hoping some eyes open sometime soon but i doubt anythign will change for the current stuf, but hopefully the future sees brighter days

Honestly Trendynet would likely make a ton more money if they:
Made mana purchasable with real cash like the other platforms.
made the DLC content free. More updates, more hype, keeps people buying.

And learn to preemptively placate rage. If you guys think a powers too strong, start it off weak and buff it up SLOWLY, people can handle buffs waaaaay better than they can handle nerfs to something they had become accustomed to.

I have a quick factual correction for you on average game play:
Your Statement:

[QUOTE]What did DD provide for 15 bucks? 100+ hours of Gameplay on average.[/QUOTE]

Stats from newest dungdef digest
[QUOTE]The Average Time Played for Dungeon Defenders is 36 hours 43 minutes.
- The top 8% of players have played for over 100 hours.[/QUOTE]

other then that tidbit, good post.

The only real,real problem here is that the "new heroes" do not have new towers.
Hell,they dont even have altered towers.

I had assumed that the female monk,for example,would have fire aura as opposed to lightning aura.

You are paying 4$ (5$ off sale) for 2 new spells per current class,basically.
These gender swaps are not really new heroes because they do not have new towers.

I have a quick factual correction for you on average game play:
Your Statement:

Stats from newest dungdef digest

other then that tidbit, good post.

pretty much every steam i look at on the furms is between 75-200 hours

maybe i just have been finding more of that 8%

well theres a ton of people who have only played them game for maybe a couple of minutes so...

yeah i guess that tends to tweek statistics, but i dont really count people who just bought the game. im looki at the early nov and earlyer people.

=P

The only real,real problem here is that the "new heroes" do not have new towers.
Hell,they dont even have altered towers.

I had assumed that the female monk,for example,would have fire aura as opposed to lightning aura.

You are paying 4$ (5$ off sale) for 2 new spells per current class,basically.
These gender swaps are not really new heroes because they do not have new towers.

I agree, "New Heroes DLC" is such a misleading title.

I agree, "New Heroes DLC" is such a misleading title.

+1... I feel like I just wiped my butt with a $5 bill... Severely disappointed. Prolly won't get barbarian this month like they planned

too many good games coming out in the future, trendy should consider the 15 bucks i paid them a gift (not to mention my friends who bought the game after i convinced them to come play)

i will not be telling anyone else that they should buy this game. all because they want 6 bucks now they lose out on future profits and players.

Really nice post, it eloquently sums up why most people are frustrated with this DLC.

Actually, most people I talked to don't mind. There's a few people complaining, but overall, people long since accepted DLC like this.
Remember: Trying to pretend you're the majority when clearly, you aren't, isn't giving you any points.

[quote] Honestly Trendynet would likely make a ton more money if they:
Made mana purchasable with real cash like the other platforms.
made the DLC content free. More updates, more hype, keeps people buying.[/quote]

I am truly glad Trendy didn't go that way. Charging for DLC is much more reasonable. And, also, a much more common business practice. It's funny to see THIS of all things advocated as better when THIS would be a shark-jump thing for Trendy to do.
Charging for mana would actually be bad, for many reasons. Charging for DLC is not.

just because the DLC isnt up to par with the general idea of DCL desnt make the whole game bad.

still a good game regardless, just bad dlc choices

just because the DLC isnt up to par with the general idea of DCL desnt make the whole game bad.

still a good game regardless, just bad dlc choices

oh if u havent noticed its not about the dlc bro, its all the little things, trendy cannot decide if they wanna be a company for fans or if they want to be a company who wants money.

when i started this game i read their forums, saw how open they appeared to be with us players, how they took suggestions from us, and i remember reading on the wiki that they didnt want to split the community with making paid dlc all the time.

clearly this is long gone, they see a chance to make some money... or so they think, i feel bad for all the people who want to stay playing this game when the rest of us move on to bigger and better things.

also comparing fallout 3 to DD, not fair in the least bit, when bethesda releases a game they demand top dollar even with bugs because Bethesda is one of the greatest companies ever made. Trendy doesnt have the luxury of demanding top dollar for anything, the fact that we paid 15 bucks for a game that has changed so much in the last month makes us glorified beta testers.

at least minecraft only made me pay once, and minecraft owns the hell out of this pos game.

i never compared DD to fallout 3, only used fallout as an example of a static priced dlc system.

and if this game is so POS, then go play minecraft and leave the forums.

As i said in the orignal post, dont start a fight here.

since when is stating ones opinion starting a fight?

trendy made a decent game and are now trying to ruin it by trying to get more than the games worth, this is the time when they should be working their asses off to build up a dedicated community, not trying to scare us away when there are plenty of viable options of games to play.

clearly u misunderstand, i wouldnt post in these forums if i didnt enjoy DD, and want it to be the best it can be. i would have just uninstalled and been on my way like so many times before.

you compared dlc to fallout 3, i compared DD to minecraft which is much closer in comparison, since both companies are small and fairly young as companies go.

trendy still has alot to learn if they want to make something of themselves. i hope they are learning lessons.

I see a few people say that the new genders are useless mostly compared to the free ones and that they should of just been costume changes.

I see the same people say that this breaks Tendy's promise to "not split the player base with DLC".

If the new heros don't add much and isn't that much better (or even worse in some cases), how are they splitting the player base then with the DLC?

^Access to mode types that are only available in DLC for starters.

Warping core on new maps? Gotta buy the DLC to do that with anyone else who already has it.

Unless they pulled a sanctum and only the host has to own the mode/map thing.