let us turn it off. gonna keep posting this until it gets a proper response as it was suggested when the game first came out and theres still absolutely no word.

I'll just post new threads until the section is full of these.

Don't be a jerk. Do you think other people's concerns are less worthy than yours?
And besides, that'd just get you banned.

I actually find autoaim to be OK until a Kobold appears. When you walk across half the map to kill a Kobold that is still far but within attack range, and the autoaim keeps you attacking a goblin above the side wall (and yet you keep missing because the wall blocked it), and the Kobold just walks straight up to you and BOOM... hopefully you're not standing near your defense...

They need to make autoaim target Kobolds first, even though the Kobold is further away than other enemies.

Don't be a jerk. Do you think other people's concerns are less worthy than yours?
And besides, that'd just get you banned.

I've tried being nice and supportive. It had nothing to do with pushing other ideas off. All the supportive replies I get on this issue proves how much of an annoyance and problem it causes. When a Dev shows concern and care, ill be more than happy to do the same. The general section gets more responses than the suggestion section by staff. if a bug effects gameplay, its pretty major. Not saying its the most pressing , but it should be dealt with before adding more dlc of the same type. Ie warping core. Don't jump to conclusions and resort to childish name calling. ill just keep bringing it up til this issue is noticed without resorting to childish name calling or offensive behavior unlike some people. If I get banned for speaking my mind and trying to improve the game by reporting issues that include more than autoaim, so be it. It would simply prove the goal is more about making money. I have yet to believe this yet though.

I don't think it's a simple as "they should focus on improving the current game instead of adding new dlc". Those are 2 completely different sections and are not worked on by the same people (at least I don't think so).

Personally I think this is such a minor change that it doesn't really matter and autoaim probably fits in pretty well with the whole theme of dungeon defenders, being the kind of only semi-rpg game with tower defense aspects.

That being said, I really really do want the autoaim removed myself. I find a lot of satisfaction in making headsets (even if they don't give any bonuses).

it's disabled if you go first person. if that helps in the meantime.

For Yoraiz0r. If you target a walking mob , it will automaticly adjust your "aim"/projectiles for its walking speed/pattern.
However the game decides for you what you are targeting. and adjust your projectiles.
This is esspecially annoying when wanting to shoot a piercing shoot in a specific trajectory.

it's disabled if you go first person. if that helps in the meantime.
Not really, since there are enough weapons that are just to big to be useful in first person.

For Yoraiz0r. If you target a walking mob , it will automaticly adjust your "aim"/projectiles for its walking speed/pattern.
However the game decides for you what you are targeting. and adjust your projectiles.
This is esspecially annoying when wanting to shoot a piercing shoot in a specific trajectory.

Or trying to fire a PSS through a wall only to see the birds flying towards the ceiling -.-

oh , right , that.

Well , I did manage to 'turn it off' (I think , at least , I didn't test it much....at all.....)
I'll start adding a button to enable/disable it and make the necessary changes needed to make it 'release worthy'.
In the meanwhile , can anyone give me any input on how to best test it without wasting more then 3 minutes worth of time? (I hate tests)

oh , right , that.

Well , I did manage to 'turn it off' (I think , at least , I didn't test it much....at all.....)
I'll start adding a button to enable/disable it and make the necessary changes needed to make it 'release worthy'.
In the meanwhile , can anyone give me any input on how to best test it without wasting more then 3 minutes worth of time? (I hate tests)

Ogre crush. 1 enemy 1st wave moves slow. Easy testing.

1st person it turns off

Ogre crush. 1 enemy 1st wave moves slow. Easy testing.

1st person it turns off

Two things.

1 - I have made a few tests on ogre crush 1st wave , I don't seem to see a disablement if I run the mod or tun it.
Moreover , I am pretty sure your note is false.
1st person did NOT disable autoaim , I always hit the ogre in the same spot regardless where I point the cursor to in whatever mod , so long the ogre is the target (red cursor) it will always hit him in the same spot.

Try doing this yourself , in order to confirm , if you see a different result , let me know (and write whether you use a gamepad or a mouse+keyboard combo), this can moderately decrease the difficulty of making this mod , as my first attempt failed and I find this mod very annoying to make (especially since I hate vectors)

I find this most annoying when using huntress long range - the monsters tend to take corners and things which throws the tracking off and 90% of shots miss. For an example, try Royal Gardens with huntress or apprentice, stand on a tower on the bridge thing in the middle, and try shooting at anything coming from the five doors around the manor. Your bullets anticipate the enemies, which then turn or die and your bullets fly into the distance. I'd rather be shooting in a straight line thanks, I can predict enemy movements fine.

I found it still auto aims when in first person. Was attacking the dragon on Summit and my first person shots were shooting off to the side towards his "neck". So... yeah.

To the OP, don't have a heart attack over a small matter as this. Its a $15 ffs.

who is having a heart attack? the point im making is the fact that there are several issues still with the game. it's a great game, don't get me wrong. I've definitely gotten my 15 bucks out of it already. however, instead of adding dlc of modes that already exist in maps that already exist to make money, it'd be nice to fix problems that have been brought up since release by several people. dont know how many times ive tried shooting at a ninja charging toward me and have my shots go off to the side nowhere near him. it's irritating and kills the fun. a big issue thats been happening that still hasnt been fixed, is phasing mobs or random exploding crystals. i've literally sat and watched my crystal for an entire 20 waves and had it explode with NOTHING around it. bugs need fixing.

I actually think auto-aim should be kept for 3rd person.

Put down the pitch forks. I'm serious here.

But it should be changed. Instead of targeting the nearest enemy in your cone of vision, it should be targetting the nearest enemy to the line you are aiming down. So if you are aiming at a goblin down-range, it shoots there, but if you are shooting blindly and the nearest enemy is off to the side, it should shoot it.

It's a lot more intuitive and should almost always hit what the person wants.

Well this thread has an interesting bit of agitation... And sorry we have not commented on this (we do try to get responses to everyone, just lack the manpower)

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to enable this but it is a very valid suggestion. Auto-aim does have it's downside, but I think the benefit outweighs that. So It (once again my opinion) should stay as a default. BUT it would be nice to have an option to shut it off.

I'll pass this on and see if we can do something!

Thanks, that's all we want, the ability to choose. Especially since the system does have flaws, otherwise my Piercing shot birds wouldn't fly towards the ceiling that often.

While you're here, is not being able to look up more than 30 degrees intentional?

I'm not sure how it would be game breaking to be able to shoot wyvrens above you.