awesome patch with new DLC, have only a couple problems with it

first off- love the new patch guys. lots of positive changes, very little in the way of nerfs. you're getting better at this, altho you still have a loooooooong way to go

secondly, i have a couple problems with this update:

1) the new classes cost money
QQ i just spent my weekly luxury budget! i don't have ANY issue with your DLC costing money (in fact i welcome it!), however it would have been nice if you guys would have mentioned in advance you planned to make it cost something, and approximately how much. that way, those of us with extremely strict budgets (relatively speaking) can make sure to plan accordingly

so tl;dr- next time, let us know in advance if the content is going to have a pricetag, and also the approximate cost it will run us

2) monk electric aura nerfed again
as if monks weren't already borderline useless after the first nerf... now there's no reason to use electric aura at all now. you have officially killed electric aura, making monks only useful for ensnare (and strength, if you feel like sacrificing a part of your defense)

i suggest strongly you rollback these nerfs, especially since with the way things on insane are now, nightmare will be pretty much impossible for anyone except nolife basement dwelling min/max'ers (figure of speech)

bump because trendy needs to see this (specifically the part about mentioning DLC will cost money in advance)

I just made a similar thread, I fully agree with the fact they should of made an annoucement on it costing money rather then surprising everyone. I myself don't have an issue with paying the money either.

Hi H3xer1n,

We'll definitely mention which DLC's will be Free and which DLC's will be Premium in advance, you are quite correct. Cost for Premium DLC's is often not determined or finalized until the last minute, but we'll certainly post that as soon as we've made a determination.

As for the Electric Aura nerf, the damage could perhaps be put back to what it was -- though I think the DU change is worthwhile. What do other folks think about the damage change to Electric Aura? We still find them very very useful when fully upgraded and boosted for mad AOE coverage, worth their 5 DU's...

Cheers,
Jer

I just made a similar thread, I fully agree with the fact they should of made an annoucement on it costing money rather then surprising everyone. I myself don't have an issue with paying the money either.
yea, i love this game and will totally be buying the DLC next week (even if the sale on it is over)

i just wish i had known even 24 hours ago (before i spent my weekly luxury budget)

Hi H3xer1n,

We'll definitely mention which DLC's will be Free and which DLC's will be Premium in advance, you are quite correct. Cost for Premium DLC's is often not determined or finalized until the last minute, but we'll certainly post that as soon as we've made a determination.

As for the Electric Aura nerf, the damage could perhaps be put back to what it was -- though I think the DU change is worthwhile. What do other folks think about the damage change to Electric Aura? We still find them very very useful when fully upgraded and boosted for mad AOE coverage, worth their 5 DU's...

Cheers,
Jer
well most times companies keep relatively the same cost for all their DLC (except if the DLC in question is majorly different in amount of content). so since you guys are an indie company and the current payment amounts for the past DLCs seem to be hovering around $5, we can naturally assume future DLC to be around the same area (ie less than $10)

the most important part is letting us know that X new DLC will cost money, because regardless of it's cost we can at least prepare our budgets in advance

the damage isn't the issue, in fact the overall patch changes have buffed it's damage. however, the 5 DU cost makes it non-viable compared to the lightning tower (due to the lightning tower's utility)

The DLC costing money came as a complete surprise to me as well. I also have a tight budget, being a student, so I don't even know when I'll be able to afford it. Spent my last $5 on Monday too...

I do not agree about the monk aura, but i agree with the telling in advance stuff. I don't really mind paying for it, i already clocked 155hours into the game, but i want to know in advance what will be free and what not.

Hi H3xer1n,

Cheers,
Jer

I can only ask that you review the amount of DU available for each and every map. Some have way more DU than you could possibly need while others are very tight on what you can build, especially after this most recent change to the auras

Im fine with the DLC costing money. Im actually used to these things costing money so I cant understand why people are complaining about it. Its not even expensive. People can go check out F2P games and they will learn that everything really costs money there...

Regarding the aura: I agree 5 du is fine, but the dmg must increase! You will alienate your monk players, and people like me - even though I love your game - will end up leaving you.

Im fine with the DLC costing money. Im actually used to these things costing money so I cant understand why people are complaining about it. Its not even expensive. People can go check out F2P games and they will learn that everything really costs money there...

I've actually seen like 8+ "Why are people complaining?!?! OMG!" threads and almost no threads complaining that the DLC should be free. If you pay attention in this one we're not complaining that it costs money, we're complaining that we were not forewarned.

Like me, I won't be able to afford this DLC for a long while because I decided to get some coffee I didn't really need on Monday. :D

I think the elec auras were nerfed just one step too far, they're still useful but now can be overshadowed by app towers... considering it's the monks only true dps contribution (tower wise) I suggest reverting either the dmg or the du back to normal but both is not necessary

Hi H3xer1n,

Cheers,
Jer

I would probably sa keep the DU price but put the damage back to normal especially for nightmare my aura went from 1.1k dmg to 700ish, not like i am complaining it fine for other modes but when i want to try out nightmare i will get raped

Hi H3xer1n,

Cheers,
Jer

It's map dependent, but I have a strange feeling this last minute nerf is going to make nightmare rough. And given the choice? I would choose less damage less du, rather than more damage more du. Messing with DU messes with builds, sure you can work around it, but you usually end up with silly stuff like mage shields in the most random spots.

I'm a large fan of much of what has been said in this thread so far. I like the idea of either keeping the current DU and doing a rollback on the damage, or roll back the DU and keep the damage nerf.

On top of that I would really like to see some maps looked at in terms of DU cost vs the changes in defense costs that have come through. Considering each map's DU has been set up for the balance of the initial release of the game, it's not a terrible idea to look it over. :)

Knowing what will be free and what will be premium is also a bonus.

Thanks again for keeping an eye on us!

- Make DLC pricing between regions more fair and equal, especially on a digital distribution service where the publishers decide the cost. Not counting the sale the DLC costs $ 6,70 (rounded up) if converted from euros which is rather a deterrent of purchase.
- You should add a priority regarding patch changes discussion in order/relevance of the impact of the change. For instance, DU cost change on towers/ defense has a severe impact on all maps and are more relevant to be put into discussion then damage,range etc. That this is a last minute addition to the patch is maybe a queue to have a different approach to patch discussions in the future.
- Regarding electral aura, it became weaker/cumbersome due both DU and damage reduction. If you are going to revise things or balance things I suggest not raising the DU, or at least be last option. It can for example effect solo play.

- Make DLC pricing between regions more fair and equal, especially on a digital distribution service where the publishers decide the cost. Not counting the sale the DLC costs $ 6,70 (rounded up) if converted from euros which is rather a deterrent of purchase.
take it up with your country, it's not trendy's fault your money has a different value system

Hi H3xer1n,

Cheers,
Jer

Continually promoting these minor addons and then having them be paid DLC was beyond insulting, it's likely going to lose you more customers than you are going to find worthwhile.

Cheers.

Hi H3xer1n,

Cheers,
Jer

The nerf is perfectly fine IMO, like you said you could roll back the damage nerf if you want to, but the du cost should stay. The ensnare/electric combo is still the best tower combo, there is literally no map where you wouldn't want to have one. In fact, I find it annoying that every tower need at least the ensnare aura to even work on insane. Walls themselves are a joke if 90% mobs aren't slowed/nuked to death before they get in range.

The far bigger problem right now is the gigantic disparity between hero damage and tower damage. With super loot, hitting 100k on a dps is now the baseline, with top geared people hitting 300k. With towers, you be lucky to reach 10k even after the buff, and this is with good tower gear and multiple upgrades with require a couple waves to achieve. Right now everything works fine because you dont need 100k+ dps even on insane, but I fear that later content will either be a joke to people with good dps gear or be balanced around them and have towers be nothing more than meatshields to hold the small fries at bay.

You already see this trend with pure strategy where towers can't keep up with the mobs hp, compare to how easy it is to just dps everything on survival. I strongly recommend Trendy to buff the tower scaling (off stats) or nerf the hero damage (QQ incoming) if you want any of balance in later contents.

2) monk electric aura nerfed again
as if monks weren't already borderline useless after the first nerf... now there's no reason to use electric aura at all now. you have officially killed electric aura, making monks only useful for ensnare (and strength, if you feel like sacrificing a part of your defense)

Stop assuming your own ridiculous opinions on the changes are the same as everyone elses. I remember the poll created after that nerf. There was a pretty overwhelming majority saying that they will use fewer towers rather than sacrifice Electric Aura. Now shoving down an Electric Aura in front of every spawn point may give people pause and they might consider using an Inferno Trap if its a narrow chokepoint.

I think the elec auras were nerfed just one step too far, they're still useful but now can be overshadowed by app towers... considering it's the monks only true dps contribution (tower wise) I suggest reverting either the dmg or the du back to normal but both is not necessary

I would prefer a DU rollback, since the increased DU cost is what makes me cut out electric auras. Ensnare and strength drain a pretty much a must on insane and that doesn't leave space for an expensive aura wich needs upgrade 4 or 5 to be usefull

Good evening sir,

I would like to start by saying that this is a huge patch and so far it looks pretty sweet. I must say though that I think that the aura's hit was a little ruff. It makes me feel like my aura hardly does anything more than before. Not only that, I'm starting off at a fair bit lower damage prior to upgrades. This was fairly noticeable when starting a new survival run. I personally would like to see the damage returned. Leaving us with something that is a bit shy of double damage fully upgraded, but up one DU. If not keep this new damage but return the the DU cost.

I guess I am just saying that the increase in damage to aura's seems rather weak. I must admit the increase in health is sexy though.

Electric aura could be stronger. But the DU change i dont fully agree with devs, as its really pushing some of the builds to get any reasonable cover, so i much rather have DU change reverted than even the dmg. While with current end game loot its still mostly locked behind survival, PS, mix mode. Players will need all tools at their disposal to beat those and atm the disparity between active dps hero and defenses is kinda huge. Even thou i admit this patch has given much hope, that might even manage to solo some of the stuff to 20+ waves.

Is there even people who gotten 25 wave on PS mode at insane dif? Or is it meant to be as possible as survival.

Hi H3xer1n,

Cheers,
Jer

Id rather have the damage nerfed a bit more, and have the DU cost reduced to 4, then i wouldnt have to make a new setup for each map