Sign in to follow this  
Kyrn

So, to buy, or not to buy the hero pack DLC?

I don't support content DLC. I'm a fan of cosmetic DLC and keeping content free. A model which is both sustainable and doesn't exclude any players.

(And is extremely profitable. Go check it out on Google.)

Same as Xbob42, dont like much paying for small dlc, thou i dont mind paying for a big expansion/dlc (as long as it has decent stuff).

I'm only buying if the towers are different. No point in "instant upgrade" when I can pretty much instantly repair AND upgrade everything with my apprentice. The initiates debuffs are useless because we already have strength drain and movement speed debuff. The countess doesn't sound very interesting, the only thing useful would be the party buff, but that still wont stop people from playing all huntress/ranger.

Other-sex versions of existing characters - doesnt seem to add anything to the game for me - so not buying.

edit: ps - would happily pay for an expansion which added actual content though. But if they are going to keep charging for cosmetic DLC then no thanks.

$5 is nothing, and its come out on deal.. I see no reason why not, I mean hell I've gotten 200~ hours out of my $15, so why not give them so more money, because its more then made up for what I've already Given them.

$5 is nothing, and its come out on deal.. I see no reason why not, I mean hell I've gotten 200~ hours out of my $15, so why not give them so more money, because its more then made up for what I've already Given them.

Sure, it's just $5 now, but one year from now there will be $100 worth of DLC if Trendy keeps going this direction.

Do you really want to have to pay $100 for the full game?

Should someone have an advantage because they're able to pay $5?

Sure, it's just $5 now, but one year from now there will be $100 worth of DLC if Trendy keeps going this direction.

You're assuming $100 is for a full game's worth of content. What if it's like 10 full game worth of content?

Random offnote: I'm watching a movie later. The popcorn alone costs more than the DLC. :kobold:

You don't HAVE to purchase the new characters. I chose to buy it because I've thoroughly enjoyed the game until now (although I've played a grand total of five minutes since the release of Skyrim) and am willing to support the Dev's a little more.

Besides, in comparison to some of the godaweful freemium MMO's I've been hooked on, $5 is nothing.

Other-sex versions of existing characters - doesnt seem to add anything to the game for me - so not buying.

edit: ps - would happily pay for an expansion which added actual content though. But if they are going to keep charging for cosmetic DLC then no thanks.

Well, your reasoning kind of goes out the window when the DLC in question is not cosmetic. Different abilities, different stat ramp. That is content, not cosmetic. The game released with 4 characters, and now there are 8. They differ enough.

Just saw the new abilities in-game and they're all better than the current heros.

Uninstalling now.

Enjoy your Pay2Win ****fest

Just saw the new abilities in-game and they're all better than the current heros.

Uninstalling now.

A question: why do you say they are better? (the intro video doesn't count, cause they neglect some important questions, like the mana cost involved, or damage done, or cooldown, or...)

I bought it and then wondered why, also.. The female apprentice looks REALLY BAD

You and me both...

Honestly, I was just trying to support a game I liked....

But if they want repeat business after this, some wow'ing and major fixes are going to need to happen...

And the worse thing is, if they do fix it... it's gonna make even more people complain, it's just... oh, it's a mess.

I'll say it one last time....

Slow down.

A question: why do you say they are better? (the intro video doesn't count, cause they neglect some important questions, like the mana cost involved, or damage done)

Fine example the "Unholy Bomb" or whatever the fk it's called is 400 mana for the female Apprentice.... grumble, grumble....

Uninstalling now.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yes, and if from a year from now If am still playing this game $100 will still be a cheap amount of money for the time I've play on it..

atm is 8 (got 4-pack) for 200~ hours..

So, atm I've payed 25 pence per hour of play.. where else could I get better value?

just got home, seeing the forum in an uproar. I was going to say I'll wait until a deal because I'm broke but then I read a post saying they're already on sale. if that's the case, I might just bite. depends on how I feel when I load up steam :)

either way, no animosity toward Trendy. For one thing they've basically been grinding on the game harder than we have even through holidays and weekends. For another, the source code was more than worth 5 bucks if you guys are really adding it up based on value for money.