Electric Aura DU cost increased again?

The aura will still be vastly superior in most builds, even with the increased DU cost. THe increase in damage through upgrades will allow you to need LESS du anyway, so I think everyone needs to calm down. Damage will be insane indeed.

They should have nerfed the damage more(or maybe the attack speed) instead of increasing the DU cost, it could be the same amount of nerf WITHOUT forcing everybody to change their working setups cus they cant place that many auras/traps/towers

Its hard to see a point in using the auras now. No, im not going all boo hoo over the DU cost being increased or its overall damage being nerfed in lieu of the damage ramping from upgrades. But the thing is not only can that lost damage be replaced by lightning tower, but you're going to want to main the apprentice -anyways- because not only will lightning towers benefit from it, but so will fireball and magic missile turrets.

With the damage ramp boosting of upgrading, as well as the bonus 33% damage from keeping the apprentice active, -and- the faster tick-rate of the lightning tower's attack, I'm honestly not sure if the aura still comes out ahead in damage efficiency per DU than the lightning tower at this point.

Currently my lightning towers damage tick is at 1107, 3 to 4 times per second (hard to count it since its so quick) and its going -all over- the place lol

At least you dont have to babysit auras in case a warrior sees them

Retiring my Monk til I figure out how the f*** to do alch labs survival with 1 Ele aura.

1 ele aura!??!
I use 4, and ill still use 4
(gonna replace the 2 spike walls with magic walls)

At least you dont have to babysit auras in case a warrior sees them

You ALWAYS have to babysit auras because their health pools won't even last a full wave by round 12. And these are the auras with the MOST health. We aren't even talking about strength drain or berserk.

The DE warrior is killing them just by being there, as is the summon-spamming Necro and the 10,000 goblins.

I use 4 also. But the increase is going to restrict me on DU until I find another strat that doesn't involved 4 5 DU cost auras. So until then I have to deal with 1 and work from there. They seriously need to increase the DU on each map now.

They should have nerfed the damage more(or maybe the attack speed) instead of increasing the DU cost, it could be the same amount of nerf WITHOUT forcing everybody to change their working setups cus they cant place that many auras/traps/towers

To be honest, I'd rather have it do less damage and cost the old DU than have it do more and cost 1 more DU. It's the monk's only tool for doing damage, and he's already at a disadvantage when it comes to electrical immune mobs. Monk is supposed to be more about support when it comes to his tower, so I wouldn't be terribly upset if electric aura wasn't fantastic when it comes to damage. Although, like I said, his support auras could use more tweaking to give the Monk a reason to use his other auras over electric + snare.

To be honest, I'd rather have it do less damage and cost the old DU than have it do more and cost 1 more DU. It's the monk's only tool for doing damage, and he's already at a disadvantage when it comes to electrical immune mobs. Monk is supposed to be more about support when it comes to his tower, so I wouldn't be terribly upset if electric aura wasn't fantastic when it comes to damage. Although, like I said, his support auras could use more tweaking to give the Monk a reason to use his other auras over electric + snare.

Like Berserk Aura actually having a huge chunk of health (like 3-4x the health of ensnare/lightning), and anything caught by its effects getting a huge (based on tower attack!) boost in the damage output. So a high tower attack monk's Berserk aura turns anything snagged by its effects into a force to be reckoned with. Snag a ninja and look out... More over, make it so that it has no requirements as to what can or cannot be effected. If the monster is in the aura and it tags them, they immediately and unconditionally turn hostile to anything and everything around them (and they in turn towards it).

In fact! In so doing, you'd make it a viable to combine a berserk and healing aura! Berserk gets them on your side, healing aura keeps them trucking longer. This is essentially what they should have been thinking about. The other auras are simply too weak to be used for anything, so fix their general ineffectiveness first.

No defenses deal actual poison damage, just stun/slow so this will mean fire immunes will now be a bit more of an issue unless your setup can afford the extra DU cost.

Don't know if lightning towers are effective enough seeing hwo they are so much more expensive you could get an aura + a magic missle cheaper. IMHO, lightning towers cost too many DUs while auras kind of needed the nerf so the towers get some use other than PS where you can't repair the auras.

No defenses deal actual poison damage, just stun/slow so this will mean fire immunes will now be a bit more of an issue unless your setup can afford the extra DU cost.

Don't know if lightning towers are effective enough seeing hwo they are so much more expensive you could get an aura + a magic missle cheaper. IMHO, lightning towers cost too many DUs while auras kind of needed the nerf so the towers get some use other than PS where you can't repair the auras.

Meh. PROX MINES EVERYWHERE!!!11!1

I'm using this aura less and less now that the DU's are being increased. Why cover only one lane when I can cover 2-5 with one lightning tower or much less DU, that can also attack out of it's normal range?

Aww, c'mon,you new something had to give. 7.10e,my elec auras were doing 4.7k with a low end 11 boost app guard. Add in the planned 100% bonus at 3 stars, and 33% for leaving my monk out, and those auras would have been doing 12.5k per tick. Would have been good for some giggles, but. Not really realistic for 4 DUs. Still, I would have had liked to have gotten a super pet app guard and at least gotten a screenshot before they changed it;)

Aww, c'mon,you new something had to give. 7.10e,my elec auras were doing 4.7k with a low end 11 boost app guard. Add in the planned 100% bonus at 3 stars, and 33% for leaving my monk out, and those auras would have been doing 12.5k per tick. Would have been good for some giggles, but. Not really realistic for 4 DUs. Still, I would have had liked to have gotten a super pet app guard and at least gotten a screenshot before they changed it;)

Does your monk have 900 tower damage?

My 300 tower damage monk with a guardian pre patch was doing like 1900 a tick or something.