download speed - steam

the download speed for DD in steam is very low.

its the 2nd time i recognize this.

last time it was the same.

and its only DD which is so slow in updating.

it upgrades with maybe 10% of possible max speed for me.

and again ! its ONLY dungeon defenders which updates so slow.

Uh, you do realize there's an absolutely massive sale going on right now, right? That's kinda hammering Steam's servers.

Someone on another thread said he updated ( just changed the connection speed on Settings) his steam settings, restarted and the speed went up.

I was at 200Kbs tops, I did the same and am now at my connection full speed, 1.5MBs.

Steam content servers are going to be like this until about Nov 29. It's the price we pay for seasonal sales.

Someone on another thread said he updated ( just changed the connection speed on Settings) his steam settings, restarted and the speed went up.

I was at 200Kbs tops, I did the same and am now at my connection full speed, 1.5MBs.

Ditto. Back up to 3.9MB/s! Yay!

when i restart steam nothing changes.

i download with 300 KB/s.

i recognized it because i havent seen such a low download / update rate in steam for years.

really

and its the 2nd time now.

maybe germany need more download capacities.
lol

PS: 200 KB/s now......

Yeah. Just pick another country. Even though it doesn't make sense that another continent might be faster than the server in a nearby city, it works. All the US servers are under strain with the sale.

It's like this when a new game releases as well. Portal 2, L4D2, etc. Everyone downloading slows everyone else down. Changing regions to a less crowded one will get you a better speed even though it's farther away.

i recognized it because i havent seen such a low download / update rate in steam for years.

Maybe you were busy having a life this past summer, but during that sale the content servers died several times.

I just switched it from Seattle, to Seattle (Comcast) and now I'm going at a full 2MB/sec (was struggling to get over 60KB/sec on Seattle).

One of my buddies finished the patch over a half hour ago. I started downloading mine before him and mine is only at 1gb done. Steam servers being hit hard + comcast internet issues = slower than hell. Speed jumping all over the place from 6kb/s to 300kb/s for a couple seconds then back down to 6kb/s. Tried like 6 different servers and all the same.

I simply request that everyone currently on Steam, log off now! There's a hidden download secret that if you shut down your computers until later tonight Steam updates 300 times faster ;)

*prays that actually works*

^
Exactly.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

Steam servers are getting hammered and it will probably be even worse Friday (I suspect they will have an even larger sale then).

I got limited download each month so i decided to not download the COD: black ops update
Dungeon defenders 63kb/s
Stopped it, and started black ops
Black ops 470kb/s
Back to DD, 67kb/s

I simply request that everyone currently on Steam, log off now! There's a hidden download secret that if you shut down your computers until later tonight Steam updates 300 times faster ;)

*prays that actually works*

You forgot to mention that everybody that logs off steam now, to save the download servers gets 100 /$/€ to buy any games they want

You forgot to mention that everybody that logs off steam now, to save the download servers gets 100 /$/€ to buy any games they want

Yeah but then someone might try to hold me to that one.....

Sigh, it makes me nostalgic from the Diablo 2 duping days. I always had to chuckle a little seeing the people crying on the forums "He stole my stuff!! He said to dupe I hit Alt+F4 while I'm dropping the item!!". Sadly it seems nowadays everyone knows what that does :(