Disparity of support

None of these "difficulties" or extra "costs" were surprises, Trendy knew about them all and to you PC fanboys we all spent the same amount of money on the same game and we all expect the same support no matter if its console or PC.

No need to start dropping fanboy bombs. As other people have already stated, this isn't an issue of favoritism or neglect by Trendy. The reason why the consoles aren't getting as many frequent updates and content additions are purely due to the standards, regulations, and the price of testing/pushing title updates from Microsoft and Sony. Both parties have a testing process that can take multiple weeks -- one week at the earliest -- to make sure these updates comply with their long list of standards and requirements. They (Microsoft/Sony) also charge developers/publishers for going through this process, making frequent updates simply not a viable option for consoles.

If you have a problem with the lack of updates for DD on consoles, take it up with Microsoft or Sony. It is not the fault of Trendy or PC gamers.

No need to start dropping fanboy bombs. As other people have already stated, this isn't an issue of favoritism or neglect by Trendy. The reason why the consoles aren't getting as many frequent updates and content additions are purely due to the standards, regulations, and the price of testing/pushing title updates from Microsoft and Sony. Both parties have a testing process that can take multiple weeks -- one week at the earliest -- to make sure these updates comply with their long list of standards and requirements. They (Microsoft/Sony) also charge developers/publishers for going through this process, making frequent updates simply not a viable option for consoles.

If you have a problem with the lack of updates for DD on consoles, take it up with Microsoft or Sony. It is not the fault of Trendy or PC gamers.

I find this entire thread amusing. It is filled with console users throwing blame in the wrong place and PC users acting like we deserve to be treated poorly because we didn't purchase the game on the same system they did. The thread really is a laugh. Console users, quit whining about Trendy not patching the game. They are an indie company, working hard to meet the needs of all their customers. PC users, quit being such jerks and assuming that everyone who doesn't match your tiny world view is wrong. I have a PC, Mac, Xbox, PS3, Wii, and iPhone. I bought all of them because they all fit different roles. I choose to play games where I like to play them. You may not agree with me, doesn't make me a "lesser" or "caveman" gamer. If you are so confident in PC gaming, why are you so threatened by consoles?

Got to love Sony and Microsoft ah :)

Trendy: "Steam i want to release a patch"
Steam: "No problem"

Trendy: "Sony, Microsoft, I want to release a patch"
Sony/Microsoft: "Sure, just pay is over 9000 and let us push it through our systems that takes 1 month"

and you jump on the trendy forums complaining to Trendy? :)

Funny

Got to love Sony and Microsoft ah :)

Trendy: "Steam i want to release a patch"
Steam: "No problem"

Trendy: "Sony, Microsoft, I want to release a patch"
Sony/Microsoft: "Sure, just pay is over 9000 and let us push it through our systems that takes 1 month"

and you jump on the trendy forums complaining to Trendy? :)

Funny

More like:
Trendy: Microsoft, i want to release a patch
Microsoft: Sure, but you wont get our help, troloLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Also, I'm not sure how the current gen consoles handle things like the UE3 engine, but I would imagine some of the code would have to be altered for each console's architecture. That's triple the work load for each DLC Trendy releases, each time they submit one to Microsoft/Sony.

to my knowledge TE is pushing out the tgiving dlc to console soon. not sure if it'll include the halloween since it was a last minute thing.

also. i waited a year for my pc release so xbl could get dundef. you can wait longer to get the good stuff.

also. i waited a year for my pc release so xbl could get dundef. you can wait longer to get the good stuff.

Thanks for reminding me of Torchlight 2 and raising my blood pressure. Delayed and delayed the PC release date to work on the 360 version and the game ended up being too big for XBLA, so they scrapped it and are now delaying the PC release to work on the Mac version.

Thanks for reminding me of Torchlight 2 and raising my blood pressure. Delayed and delayed the PC release date to work on the 360 version and the game ended up being too big for XBLA, so they scrapped it and are now delaying the PC release to work on the Mac version.

><

cant say much i have a mac as well. too bad they are delaying it. could just do steamworks and be done with it when it's ready on the mac.

oh that reminds me. dundef still might come to the mac!

you guys act like this is any different for any multi platform game, PC is the superior machine for true gamers its always been that way and will continue that way until business/patching methods for PS3/xbox are changed

[QUOTE=jetah;209091oh that reminds me. dundef still might come to the mac![/QUOTE]

No it won't ;) Not unless the mac can run an iphone platform =D (or whatever phone system it's on)

PC is the superior machine for true gamers its always been that way and will continue that way until business/patching methods for PS3/xbox are changed

Pretty sure that to be a gamer you have to play games... not sure that PC plays any part in that..

Considering that the PC is being used as daily-shifting guinea pigs for occasionally utterly horrible balance decisions, I wouldn't complain TOO much about the fact that you're waiting on your patch. :|