The ability to set tower targeting

Or lack thereof. Many flash-based TDs have this option. You can set each tower to, for instance, target closest, target furthest, target strongest, target weakest, etc.

After wiping on a map because my harpoon turrents decided to aim at (and shoot the wall) at things over a little cliff instead of shooting the stuff in the lane they were in, I realized this is something the game is missing. If I could have set them to "target furthest", they would have shot down the corridor they were positioned in.

People could also make certain towers target ogres, mages, or wyverns rather than just targeting whatever is close.

Then again, I realize that is probably too confusing for Trendy to put in their hardcore casual game paradigm.

Yes, because insulting the game after a request is the best way to achieve you goal :)

Stupidity salutes you :skeleton:

You're definitely going to win their support by calling them too stupid to understand your idea.

Your last line comes off as a dig at Trendy. If that's not what you intended, try rewording it.

Gotta get those firing arcs positioned correctly dude. It does a lot of what you posted there.

Except it doesn't.

They attack what is closest.

E = Enemy
H = Harpoon
| = wall
_ = Empty space

|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|___|
|_H_|

In the above situation, it will shoot all the enemies.

|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|E__|
|_H_|

In the above situation, it will shoot the enemy slightly off center, and only hit one. If you could set it to target furthest, it would hit all of them besides the closest. Not sure how the firing arc is going to change anything with that, but ok.

Your last line comes off as a dig at Trendy. If that's not what you intended, try rewording it.

Is it because I used a word you had to look up?

Is it because you don't think the game is designed to be as casual as possible, what with the very small in-round menus and small number of towers? The game is clearly made to be simple.

Omni, your example isn't very good. What if the enemy placement was

|E__|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_H_|

Targetting wouldn't do anything to increase a tower's efficiency in this case if you set it to "target furthest". Targetting solves a lot of issues, but your example isn't one of them.

Omni, your example isn't very good. What if the enemy placement was

|E__|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_E_|
|_H_|

Targetting wouldn't do anything to increase a tower's efficiency in this case if you set it to "target furthest". Targetting solves a lot of issues, but your example isn't one of them.

It would still hit more than one.

The angle difference is far, far less than if they are close.

|...e....|
|...e....|
|..e.....|
|..e.....|
|.e......|
|.e......|
|e.......|
|h.......|

Problem Solved.

In your example, if the harpoon was shooting the furthest enemy, like you want it to, then that single enemy off to the side would sit there and beat your harpoon to death.

Were there any other towers supporting your Harpoon?

|...e....|
|...e....|
|..e.....|
|..e.....|
|.e......|
|.e......|
|e.......|
|h.......|

Except with the enemy AI, it ends up being...
|...e....|
|...e....|
|..e.....|
|..e.....|
|.e......|
|.e......|
|e.......|
|he......|

In which case it shoots to the side.

In your example, if the harpoon was shooting the furthest enemy, like you want it to, then that single enemy off to the side would sit there and beat your harpoon to death.

Were there any other towers supporting your Harpoon?

No, I'm a retard, you totally called me out on that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Back soon, I'm almost out of paint chips.

I'm trying to help you. If you want to be an *** you can keep struggling. Good luck.

You're right, I'm very much struggling.

Anyone that suggests an improvement to the game is definitely struggling hard. I appreciate the advice.

I think setting the whole "far, near" crap is too much of a complication and too many options PER tower. However, I think that certain towers (like harpoon) should have two different types that you can lay down (just lay down, no toggle). One for ground, one for air. If I set a harpoon overlooking a castle wall, I want it to shoot wyverns - NOT goblins that are passing by underneath it.

I think setting the whole "far, near" crap is too much of a complication and too many options PER tower. However, I think that certain towers (like harpoon) should have two different types that you can lay down (just lay down, no toggle). One for ground, one for air. If I set a harpoon overlooking a castle wall, I want it to shoot wyverns - NOT goblins that are passing by underneath it.

They're supposed to target air according to recent patch notes. But the thing that stuffs them up when I'm watching, is that they seem to require their current target to die before re-targetting. Either that or the re-targetting interval (if there is one) is a tad long.

However, it would be nice if they didn't try to shoot enemies through walls/the ground.

Is it because I used a word you had to look up?

Is it because you don't think the game is designed to be as casual as possible, what with the very small in-round menus and small number of towers? The game is clearly made to be simple.

Has to be one of the most obvious trolls ever.

Or a 12yo.

Don't feed the 12yo.

Being able to narrow down the field of fire for a tower would be a really nice options.
Harpoons are a good example for this, sometimes you only want to give them a 5 arc not more.

You can do some of this by angling them correctly, in many situations this wont work.

Because you're bad.

You've never died on survival?

Interesting. Tell me your method.

Also, top notch job at pointing out a typo, really showed me there.

I think thats half the point of positioning and if all else fails, alternative tower choices. Plus if you only want 5 degree firing arcs why not use a bowling ball?

I had thought of suggesting this a while back anyway. Something akin to Gemcrafts system and you can change the priority by pressing F.

Closest target.
Lowest health.
Highest health.
Highest speed.
Target Air.
Target Mages.
Random target. (it fires a shot then immediately switches target

I think thats half the point of positioning and if all else fails, alternative tower choices. Plus if you only want 5 degree firing arcs why not use a bowling ball?

I had thought of suggesting this a while back anyway. Something akin to Gemcrafts system and you can change the priority by pressing F.

Closest target.
Lowest health.
Highest health.
Highest speed.
Target Air.
Target Mages.
Random target. (it fires a shot then immediately switches target

A hotkey for it would make it work in the game. I was envisioning menus for it and Trendy not doing it because it would be too much super casuals and console. A hotkey to make them change would be perfect. Someone who wants to use it could, and someone who wants to use the current default could do that as well.

A hotkey for it would make it work in the game. I was envisioning menus for it and Trendy not doing it because it would be too much super casuals and console. A hotkey to make them change would be perfect. Someone who wants to use it could, and someone who wants to use the current default could do that as well.

I might be wrong but this would probably hurt casuals really bad because the game would most likely needed to be balanced around this.