Loot counter please

I know loot disappears at lowest Q, but i would really like to see how much loot can lay on the ground and how much is actually laying there. example 59/75. get rid of the silly "defeated" spam that takes 2 hours to scroll through 8000 mobs and replace with loot counter please.

Yes, The defeated ticker is pretty much pointless. maybe if they grouped by enemy type of over last ten seconds it would be an interesting gauge or your recent performance.

I don't mind a loot counter but the mob counter is extremely useful. You can use it to time when your going to get certain groups like Ogres, Ninja, or Wyverns.

I don't mind a loot counter but the mob counter is extremely useful. You can use it to time when your going to get certain groups like Ogres, Ninja, or Wyverns.

No, not at all. Unless you can use information form 3 waves ago to judge what's coming up next. (we're talking abou the kills that scroll from the bottom right corner of the screen, not the # of kills / # of total mobs at the top center)

Seriously, though. The kill counter displays 1 kill per second and waves have thousands of mobs in them. Beyond the first few waves, it is absolutely pointless to have it and for the first few waves it's easy enough to keep track of what you've killed (to some degree)

How? When I play the mob counter is backlogged like 2+ entire waves.

How? When I play the mob counter is backlogged like 2+ entire waves.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the one at the top of the screen.

You're talking about something entirely different. The OP is talking about the stupid "DEFEATED +2 WYVERNS" spam that scrolls on your bottom right side of the screen. It's also the same ticker that tells you what awards you've won and how much mana you've received from selling loot at the end of the round.

Personally I would prefer that loot didn't even drop or dropped a few pieces here or there, that way you free up the polycount for the mobs. Of course even tho it doesn't appear to be showering the player with loot you still get the same amount of loot you always did.

Instead at the end of the round you get a loot screen with a breakdown of all the loot that was "found" that level. Maybe a decent loot filter that would allow you to parse through the loot quickly at which point people are able to roll on gear.

I do totally agree that the mob counter at the bottom is completely useless, usually by round ten or so its backlogged a good two or three rounds. Not that you would be able to really keep an eye on it anyhow lest you be violated by ninjas.

get rid of the silly "defeated" spam that takes 2 hours to scroll through 8000 mobs

While I am a bit indifferent about the whole loot counter suggestion (sorry, it's just that it doesn't bug me that much), I do agree the "enemy killed" notifications are a bit annoying.

I'd like to propose either an on/off toggle in the options, or a system that does one of two things:

Option 1: Speed it up the larger the "backlog" of enemy killed messages becomes. The more stuff in the backlog, the faster the messages scroll.

Option 2: Combine like mobs in the "backlog" after a certain point. "Crunch" it down every so often so that it just says +2000 goblins killed, +750 kobolds killed +90 mages killed and whatever instead of separating them. I know this happens to some extent already, but I feel it could be done on a much larger scale for larger waves.

remove the killed by spam. keep the awards, mana, etc. (you can see after the end of the match what was killed and what quanity was killed.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the one at the top of the screen.

its the one scrolling non stop at the lower right of screen

I'd like to see a loot counter for how many items a player has picked up not how many items have been dropped by monsters. Then I'll be able to identify the greedy guys who spend all the time looting while I'm out defending and kick them out of the game. If a player is looting more than 2 or 3 items in a round they almost certainly are depriving other players both of mana and their chance to get some top-quality loot themselves.

I'd like to see a loot counter for how many items a player has picked up not how many items have been dropped by monsters. Then I'll be able to identify the greedy guys who spend all the time looting while I'm out defending and kick them out of the game. If a player is looting more than 2 or 3 items in a round they almost certainly are depriving other players both of mana and their chance to get some top-quality loot themselves.

they need to make coop where if someone picks it up it autosplits with all who is in there.

You clearly haven't been playing deep survival then. I was playing Survival the other night with two of my friends, I told them flat out to loot everything until their item box is full during a combat phase. By the time the combat phase ended, and it was build phase, all three of us were making 2-3m from the item box itself, and who knows how much from the rest of the loot that was scattered everywhere that we couldn't pick up. If a player is not looting during combat waves while on Insane, they're just making it so there is fewer loot to go around in the end as it gets deleted when the item cap is reached.

they need to make coop where if someone picks it up it autosplits with all who is in there.

I can't even tell what you're suggesting, the two ways I take this are bad either way. If you meant that in coop someone loots something, and it sells it then autosplits, that is just idiotic. If you meant that in coop it should randomly or round-robin give loot to those on the team instead of the one that picks it up, this is also a bad idea simply for the fact that if there is a huntress, monk, and squire on the map, and the squire goes to pick up a sword that would be a massive upgrade for them, but the huntress gets it, doesn't realize it, and hits sell all it's now gone. Either way, this should not be implemented.

You clearly haven't been playing deep survival then. I was playing Survival the other night with two of my friends, I told them flat out to loot everything until their item box is full during a combat phase. By the time the combat phase ended, and it was build phase, all three of us were making 2-3m from the item box itself, and who knows how much from the rest of the loot that was scattered everywhere that we couldn't pick up. If a player is not looting during combat waves while on Insane, they're just making it so there is fewer loot to go around in the end as it gets deleted when the item cap is reached.

I can't even tell what you're suggesting, the two ways I take this are bad either way. If you meant that in coop someone loots something, and it sells it then autosplits, that is just idiotic. If you meant that in coop it should randomly or round-robin give loot to those on the team instead of the one that picks it up, this is also a bad idea simply for the fact that if there is a huntress, monk, and squire on the map, and the squire goes to pick up a sword that would be a massive upgrade for them, but the huntress gets it, doesn't realize it, and hits sell all it's now gone. Either way, this should not be implemented.

its not hard to autosplit class items its been done in mmos. and i dont mean sell, that is just silly you would even consider that i meant that.

its not hard to autosplit class items its been done in mmos. and i dont mean sell, that is just silly you would even consider that i meant that.

Then you're not asking for "autosplit", you're asking for group loot with either it being Round-robin, or Randomly rolled. And just because it's been done in MMOs, doesn't mean that it's something that is needed here. If they were to implement some kind of group-loot rules wherein we had to do "need or greed" like some other MMOs, it would detract from the overall experience. This game is very fast paced, and as mentioned, in a single wave myself and two friends all filled out item boxes while still having piles of loot everywhere by the time the wave ended.

I'd love to have an item counter.

Would be very useful for knowing when you should waste some of the mana lying around all over the place, instead of having to keep an eye on them constantly so you notice if they start vanishing on you.

I see a lot of items disappearing in solo on hard maps if I'm paying attention, let alone insane and survival.

I'd propose such a counter be coloured. Green when low (-50%), yellow when it's getting near the limit (75%), red once it hits the limit. Means you can easily and instantly tell from the corner of your eye how close it is to the limit. Without having to actually read the number for hard.

Really, you could just have a circle dot with a colour indicating how close it is. You don't even need numbers, although it would help new players to understand the counter.

No I don't play survival with other players in general because survival is not a fun game mode. I play regular campaign games most of the time and there is no "super loot" on them. The relatively better loot is more rare godly items and if someone with legendary armor walks around the map and picks up every item that is green to them then they are going to be preventing other team members from getting good loot that they may need to improve their character. There are some items that disappear in the game, but the cheapest items disappear first so there is no benefit from a quality of loot standpoint to hurrying to pick it up unless you are trying to loot exceptional low level items that have lower value and may be removed in the middle of combat. The benefit to picking up items is only from a mana standpoint and I care more about whether or not I will be able to obtain a good item if one drops than I do about whether I will bank the maximum amount of mana on a map. I will certainly kick anyone that starts picking up numerous items from the ground in my campaign games.

I'd like to see both. How many items are on the ground / Total Ground available (or reversed how many till full. ie 12/24 would be 12 more till it's full.)

As for the group loot (round-robin) it's easily expoitable. once i figure out which characters are getting what, i can pick up crappy items until it's my turn to get something. personally I do not want to see this.

i do like the idea of how many items were/are being picked up per person.

Perfect spot for this information. where the Defeated Scrolling Text is. After it's removed.