Whats the point anymore?

Team is obviously crap. They dont do anything about irl money trading, they dont test patches.. so much more wrong with this game, wont even go into how unbalanced the classes are. Trendy is the perfect example of how NOT to run a company.

Meh, they're young. I can't imagine they're not looking at rapidly hiring and adding to their team given their initial success. Even if this game crashes, they've made a decent-enough start up that they have room for future projects.

I would agree that you can tell Trendy is out of their depth. How long they'll stay out of their depth is a different question.

They are in the cold, propably wont be very long before they get some more clothes on, metaphorical, they perhaps went a bit further than they could manage, but hey, understanding players still keep them up, propably will not be long untill they adapt a little better, the starting balance of new games is always difficult, same comes for new additions.

Who cares what people do with thier virtual items. If someone is dumb enough to pay $50 for a item then thats there problem, it doesn't affect you or me.

"The team" are one of the most involved with the community of any gaming company I have seen, and for a $15 game no less! The patches come out quick (maybe too quick) because they are trying to fix issues and produce new content (and yes sometimes this causes issues).

"Trendy is the perfect example of how NOT to run a company" Your more than welcome to start your own software company and see how you do (if you ever get the courage to leave your mum's basement of course)

Lol

Always the same on every game on every forum

Frustration from in-game or otherwise & wanting to vent = OMGTHEGAMESCOMPANYSUCKSSOBADWASTEOFMONEYIAMSADANDWILLRAGENOW

Zzz

Wait So lets see fallout... i wonder if they ever patched that game to not have giant game braking bugs in it or maybe fable 3 a game that literally cannot be played through unless your lucky.

Sure they made some mistakes but they at least are trying to fix them and reevaluate them.

Start your own company with a game that outsells expextations, and let's see how you handle it.

Sure, there was an initial (and, to a lesser extent, current) teething stage, but I'd like to congratulate Trendy on their commitment and enthusiasm.

Who cares what people do with thier virtual items. If someone is dumb enough to pay $50 for a item then thats there problem, it doesn't affect you or me.

It actually does in an online game. How much is an argument with pursuing, but it does.

"The team" are one of the most involved with the community of any gaming company I have seen, and for a $15 game no less! The patches come out quick (maybe too quick) because they are trying to fix issues and produce new content (and yes sometimes this causes issues).

Effort =/= success. That they're not succeeding isn't encouraging. That they're trying is very encouraging--and bodes well, since if they keep going at it they're going to learn more and more.

"Trendy is the perfect example of how NOT to run a company" Your more than welcome to start your own software company and see how you do

...sooooooo...does the fact that he (probably) doesn't participate in a software company mean that he's incapable of analyzing the decisions of this one? Wut? Funny fact, I'm considering applying for an internship to Trendy 'cause I really like what they're doing and want to help make it better in some regards. Unfunny fact, their e-mail link for job-apps is broken (edit: nvm, just confirmed that campus e-mail was messing up for a while), so gonna have to contact via other means once this busy-stretch ends.

(if you ever get the courage to leave your mum's basement of course)

...damnit, why did I even bother replying?

First off, Terrible thread. (Voted 1 star, for obvious reasons.)

IRL money trading does not affect you in anyway, if you believe it does, you have some other issues. The reason IRL money trading is against the rules isn't because it's unfair or breaks the game, there are legal reasons I'm sure. I'm not saying "don't report them", I'm just saying don't worry about it because if it existed or not it wouldn't change your game play experience.

They do test patches, have you ever seen a bug free patch from any company? I haven't. Trendy is a small startup INDIE Game company.

Trendy is doing fine as a new company.

Please don't post again, if you aren't going to contribute anything meaningful to the forums..

It actually does in an online game. How much is an argument with pursuing, but it does.

Last I checked this game has no actual economy, there's no auction type setting, so realistically, no it doesn't. If someone pays $50 for some item, it affects no one other then the two people who were apart of it.

I agree, after spending a considerable amount of time in high end guilds for Everquest 1/Everquest 2 I understand that RMT does cause issues in a game economy. However given how easy it is to hit the mana cap I don't really see it being a massive issue in DD.

Effort =/= success. That they're not succeeding isn't encouraging. That they're trying is very encouraging--and bodes well, since if they keep going at it they're going to learn more and more.

While I agree Effort doesn't necessarily equal success I don't agree they are failing (I agree some decisions are questionable) but I am still having fun and thats the point of games right?

...damnit, why did I even bother replying?

/shrug

One more retarded post about the world ended and that Trendy is crap deserved something special.