Problem of accidentally picking up items in fights

I am playing Dun Def on Motorola Xoom. I am currently on version Second Wave. There's a button which allows you to pick up an item during combat and wear it immediately. There's also a button which allows you to pick up an item during combat and send it back to the forge. During combats, I keep accidentally pressing the "wear it now" button. Sometimes, it puts a very weak weapon on me, and I cannot fight on.

In version First Wave, when that happens, you just need to click it again, and you'll be back to the strong weapon. This is because the old "wear it now" button drops your old weapon onto the ground, so you can pick it up again easily using the same button. However, in version Second Wave, when you click "wear it now", your old weapon is sent back to the forge, which is usually 10,000 miles away, and also we have no access during combat. So this leaves you stuck with the crappy weapon for the rest of the combat. BASICALLY, CLICKING THAT BUTTON = IMMEDIATE DEFEAT.

Also, they switch the position of the "wear it now" button with the "put it in forge" button between First and Second Wave versions. This is why I keep clicking the wrong button... absolute nightmare.

Is there a solution that the idiotic me is not aware of? Or is this is fundamentally flawed design of the game? I'd like some help please. Thank you very much.

is better your current weapon go to forge then it will be dropped and grabbed for someone...

for me the best solution is turn ON/OFF "wear now" button

So I guess it's not me being idiotic... it's the game design then... Just bad game design...

Also, idiotically, the "activate crystal" button is designed to be in the same position as the "pick up and send to forge" button. So if you're picking up a bunch of weapons near the crystal, you can easily activate the crystal by mistake. Seriously, whoever designed the button positioning really should be shot for ruining this cool game.

Why can't they make the "activate crystal" button at the top of the screen? It's not like I need to press it many times during combat, you know?