Fix please? Loot being out of reach in doorways.

Sorry if this should go in suggestions, but being I see a-lot of "Fix" related topics here, I figured it'd be okay.

As for the topic; I've been doing a-lot of Alch. Lab Insane Survival lately, and the one thing I've noticed getting to be a slight thorn is being unable to pickup loot that gets stuck out of our reach in doorways. I'd like to see it where the items actually drop outside the doorway when the monsters are killed, rather back in the door itself.
Naturally us DPS huntresses firing off projectiles in the doorway during the cleanup phase are partly to blame, but, when that's the only thing coming out of there in a mob like that, what can you do? Especially with those AOE huntresses lol.

Thanks if you see this and can fix it before the next patch!

Also, the doors sometimes close and lock in mana gems, and they can't be collected. Not a show stopper by any means, but might as well fix both at the same time. I've occasionally found myself 10-20 mana short of being able to build that one extra tower between an early wave due to it :p

Oh yeah? Try getting the mana and items this ogre dropped on "The Summit"!

Actually, do try it... you will be surprised what happens!

And yes, you can shoot mobs BEFORE they walk onto their circle of invulnerability. Not many maps spawn them before, but some do.

Oh yeah? Try getting the mana and items this ogre dropped on "The Summit"!

Actually, do try it... you will be surprised what happens!

If you

And yes, you can shoot mobs BEFORE they walk onto their circle of invulnerability. Not many maps spawn them before, but some do.

You can't use this as an example, it's your choice to shoot the ogre while it's all the way back there. You can always wait for it to pass the purple circle, where unlike survival maps, mages get stuck behind spawns and you have to kill them so they can move. In those case they should fix that, but for Summit, it's fine as it is.

You can't use this as an example, it's your choice to shoot the ogre while it's all the way back there. You can always wait for it to pass the purple circle, where unlike survival maps, mages get stuck behind spawns and you have to kill them so they can move. In those case they should fix that, but for Summit, it's fine as it is.

Yeah, I wasn't being serious about this being a bug, just a funny example I thought people would like.

I've had stuff drop behind the doors in Lab too. It's annoying.

Still, do try and jump down there. :-)

Also, loot and mana from dead wyverns somewhere out there in the air.. :V

This too, actually. We setup our defenses to stop wyverns from coming in, yet we lose out on their item drops as well as the mana from killing them. That mana is crucial sometimes to early setups when trying to get that proper defense up, and then mid to late-game when you're running about trying to keep things repaired while also upgrading. Have to wonder sometimes too what loot you're missing out on. Would be nice if that loot were to simply make it to your inventory bag (unless you're full) rather than free-falling out of reach forever.

Would be nice if that loot were to simply make it to your inventory bag (unless you're full) rather than free-falling out of reach forever.

If they did this I'd want a way to turn it off. EVen at insane survival wave 20 I see see total garbage drop all over. I'd have for my inventory to get full of that when something really nice drops later that I can't pick up.

As for loosing mana, yeah... but if it's that important you can try and reposition your turrets or stand near the edge to catch the mana from heaven. For me at least, most of my deaths come in later waves. Not a lot of times I die because of lack of mana at the start.

What levels does this cause problems with? Glitter is one I can think of with all the lava.

Why instantly go to your bag? Why not just check if the item is OOB and then respawn it just outside of the door? Seems a lot simpler. Mana stuck behind doors? Just make mana not collide with doors. Anything that falls off the map lands at the player spawn.

use your Steam huntress warp gun to get pass doors >.< i use it all the time to get loot stuck behind doors...just warp in =p

Bumping this up since the main idea from my OP I didn't see as fixed in the recent or coming 7.11 patch notes~

If they did this I'd want a way to turn it off. EVen at insane survival wave 20 I see see total garbage drop all over. I'd have for my inventory to get full of that when something really nice drops later that I can't pick up.

Well, I suppose another way around it is having a window (after a wave or round is completed) that opens up for you to possibly select one of the items that you were unable to get as a keeper, rather than cluttering up your bag space immediately? Still would be a nuisance though in higher Insane survivals though... gah. Perhaps have the item simply drop down in the middle of the map somewhere, or possibly beside one of your crystals? Dunno, I'm sure there's a work-around somewhere in there...

As for loosing mana, yeah... For me at least, most of my deaths come in later waves. Not a lot of times I die because of lack of mana at the start.
What levels does this cause problems with? Glitter is one I can think of with all the lava.

It's not so much a problem with getting started on maps, I think, but more with in the late parts when you want to keep upgrading, and some of that precious mana getting dropped could be highly useful.
As for what maps would have Wyverns causing you to lose out on mana. Uhm, well, I meant it as an in-general sort of thing. I'd assume anywhere where the Wyverns come in from outside the map would be the case. Like on Ramparts, where the main crystal is, and where Towers normally get to stop them before they can come flying in over the top. I think some of the mana from killing them there can get dropped on the walkway below, but other times if a Huntress is gunning them down way before-hand, they're more likely to drop. Just using that as an example really.

use your Steam huntress warp gun to get pass doors >.< i use it all the time to get loot stuck behind doors...just warp in =p

I no has portal gun :S

Bump of the day~
Just keeping it up on top so they will hopefully see and apply a fix. I know there's lots of other things they're probably working on that are even more important, but hey, there's always a list!

Naturally us DPS huntresses firing off projectiles in the doorway during the cleanup phase are partly to blame, but, when that's the only thing coming out of there in a mob like that, what can you do? Especially with those AOE huntresses lol.

I already recognized that. If you're playing with people from public games, don't expect every person to listen either.
There shouldn't have to be a waiting period for them to come outside the doorway. They already have immunity for a few seconds after spawning, so why should I be forced wait for them even further after that due to wanting to be sure my drops are actually reachable.