PC Handbook FAQ - Post Questions Here Updated [10/23/11]

Is there any way to play in borderless windowed mode on PC? If not, is this something being worked on?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is you save file located on the PC? Because I lost data multiple times,
so I want to copy my save file on the dekstop, so that when it crashes again,
I can restore my save file.

I asked these questions in a thread on the Console forums, but now that I know more info, it seems apt to repeat them here, revised.

1. When will cross-platform (PS3 to PC) play be enabled?
2. Will I ever be able to transfer my open characters between PC and PS3? (Currently, PS3 saved data is LOCKED! Add a feature that lets saved data be put onto a USB Thumb Drive?)
3. Will the PS3 version be updated to allow me to log into my Gamespy ID, or does it just use my PSN login?
4. Portal 2 featured cross-platform play between PS3 and PC via Steam. This suggests that it is possible to have a game on PS3 use Steamworks. Will we ever have PS3 to Steam cross-platform play?
5. If the answer to question 4 is "yes", then will PS3 gain access to TrendyNet since that is using Steamworks?
6. Will the PS3 version ever be able to achieve a higher frame rate? It feels like it is locked at 30, but the game doesn't seem too intensive, I would think it could run at 60.

EDIT: If the save data on PS3 being locked is to prevent cheating, imagine what will happen once cross-platform play gets enabled and all the PS3 players are confronted with all the cheating PC players. It is just unfair to deny a feature (Character copying) in order to prevent some cheats on a single platform. It's apparently pretty prevalent already in open PC.

Thank you.

1.Is it possible to play Split-Screen on different screens with a nvidia card?

2. What does hero casting rate do? Cuz at first i thought it increased how fast i shoot put im starting to wonder.

Couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere and it doesn't seem to be asked earlier so here goes (hope I didn't miss it):

When playing an offline (single player) game, what is the time-limit for the build phase of any wave before the system automatically switches to attack phase (without going to the crystal and activating it)?

The build timer is a setting you can adjust, you may set it to infinite build time for Easy through Hard mode. Insane has a autotimer. If you are in co-op play and ANY person activates the crystal then the timer starts (even if it was set infinite) for each extra person that readies up the timer reduces again.

Kapstok search with " dundefheroes " at my computer

Doesn't work. Does anyone have the full path?
Steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/ ?

Question regarding the XBLA version of DD. I read a faq saying that all versions should be getting free DLC (3 maps) due to the 6 months delay. Are the 3 maps already included in the XBLA download or will we have to pay for it later since Microsoft does not like giving free stuff away?

Question

Yah I have a question in the mobile version of the game the huntress had a unique skull bow called valors bonesharder people complained about it in pvp but I loved using it did you get rid of it on the console version

Finally's Player Handbook
---------------------------
I assembled the massive amounts of information I and others have created, updated it and am keeping it all in one neat handbook. Please post suggestions and questions on what needs to be added so we can have it all covered!

PC Handbook*

*Note that this should apply to Console versions (PS3 and Xbox360) but I have not played either so I can not confirm everything is 100% accurate. I will assume they are for now unless noted else where.

Yah finally from what I have seen the pc and console versions are mostly the same so I have a question maybe you could find the answer ant btw this is a common question on the forums.... There was a huntress weapon called the valors bonesharder and no one can find it on the console version so I was wondering if you could try and help with that

I made the error of unpacking the TF2 pets in Local Mode. Is there no way I can transfer them to ranked/online characters?

Yah finally from what I have seen the pc and console versions are mostly the same so I have a question maybe you could find the answer ant btw this is a common question on the forums.... There was a huntress weapon called the valors bonesharder and no one can find it on the console version so I was wondering if you could try and help with that

I haven't seen one yet... you can get a similar bow from random drops. I found a pretty nice one so they are out there!

@Kablooie, go host a private game and the crates will be there the first time!

PC Version:

Is there any way to lock the party system? I don't want people joining my online games (w/ friends). There isnt a password option or anything in the custom game browser. And at times if you don't pay attention people join and just leave after stealing your mama :(

PC Version:

Is there any way to lock the party system? I don't want people joining my online games (w/ friends). There isnt a password option or anything in the custom game browser. And at times if you don't pay attention people join and just leave after stealing your mama :(

Host a private match and invite your friends via steam. They can click join game from your user on their steam list.

I see you have a guide for moving mobile characters to PC but do you know how to do it for the other way around. I tried just replacing the files that I thought were needed but that didn't work so well.

i was under the impression that the portal gun does damage? how could people complain about its damage even enough to get a nerf when left/right click shoot portals.

Will we ever be able to transfer open to trendynet? I want the event stuff and dont want to start over

I don't think that people will ever be able to transfer potentially modded characters to the official regulated server.

I don't know if this is a common issue or not, but I don't seem to have any of the preorder stuff in ranked. When I first started playing, aside from the tutorial, the first game I played was with a friend who hosted. If I recall correctly, he had the crates in his tavern, and I have gotten them on my local character, but I don't recall ever seeing any crates in ranked (I've only played by myself 1-3 times on ranked) when I hosted a private game. Is there anything I can do or am I just out of luck?

SOLVED: I found all the crates in the hidden room after beating the boss of the third area. Not sure why they were there, but oh well. Problem solved.