Current (7.06b) & Upcoming (7.07) Patch Notes

We're going to try to crank up the voice chat volume further in 7.05 -- we'll see how far we can push it. Until then, I'd recommend turning down the SFX/Music volumes a bit to compensate.

There's a good chance 7.04 will fix one of the return-to-tavern issues (which may be most of them), but there may be more than one issue at play there. We're going to continue analyzing this one for 7.05 as we get more data dumps.

Btw 7.04 has been submitted to Valve for propagation, and will hopefully be available by tomorrow morning.

Cheers dudes & dudettes,
Jer

Cool stuff.

One suggestion for the next patch. The Intro.. "Eternia was once a land of living legends", does not need to be played at the start of EVERY level.., when you load the game initially, that's fine but at the start of the level as well, its just something extra to skip.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Great game and all. but hopw do you access the new ranged GOW type camera? I have looked and I can not see anything on how to change it.

Anyone know?

We're going to try to crank up the voice chat volume further in 7.05 -- we'll see how far we can push it. Until then, I'd recommend turning down the SFX/Music volumes a bit to compensate.

There's a good chance 7.04 will fix one of the return-to-tavern issues (which may be most of them), but there may be more than one issue at play there. We're going to continue analyzing this one for 7.05 as we get more data dumps.

Btw 7.04 has been submitted to Valve for propagation, and will hopefully be available by tomorrow morning.

Cheers dudes & dudettes,
Jer

are you getting data from our clients or do we need to explicitly upload crash files to you? I erased a bunch before I realized I should ask :|

are you getting data from our clients or do we need to explicitly upload crash files to you? I erased a bunch before I realized I should ask :|

The Dump files are created by your client, but saved to disk, you need to send the dump to Trendy. This is not like windows.. "Sending crash report to Microsoft".

Hi, Great game and all. but hopw do you access the new ranged GOW type camera? I have looked and I can not see anything on how to change it.

Anyone know?

mouse scroll. Zoom closer until the camera changes into a over the shoulder view.

Steam downloaded the patch, let's see what my Apprentice makes of it.

Hah, my computer would be off now, I set it to download some stuff and turn itself off when finished..

The 7.04 update is live!

Note that the TrendyNet server-side upgrade will be done from 4am to 5am, so until then TNet may still have some DC's, as the Client changes were half of it.

-Jer

Does this fix the problem with towers being animation locked or is tower attack speed still the most worthless stat to an Apprentice?

Yes, and no.

With only 23 or so tower attack rate, I was getting around 0.7s per bolt with the magic missile tower, but it was stating 0.21s for it's attack rate.

Similar issue with Fireball, it's faster but not matching up with the display.

Sounds like they made it have a .5 sec minimum reset time. It turns out that there are TWO timers. The attack timer, and a reset timer. Upping attack rate drops the attack timer, but not the reset (I think).

This is why a 1s tower used to attack every 2 seconds. Looks like they dropped the reset timer some, so you're seeing .5 reset, .2 attack time.

* Apprentice: increased Tower attack rate ramp
* Squire: lowered Tower DPS ramp

What do you mean exactly by ramp? Could we have some more specifics?

Why did you lower my tower's dps by so much???? I was hitting 4.1k solid without any upgrades with my cannon... and now it's 3.3k............. YOU REMOVED 800 DMG ???? SQUIRES SUCK NOW

Why did you lower my tower's dps by so much???? I was hitting 4.1k solid without any upgrades with my cannon... and now it's 3.3k............. YOU REMOVED 800 DMG ???? Yay!

Fixed.

I also cannot seem to get any clear data showing any results from this speed bump to the apprentice. It is one of two things, the attack rate is a misleading number which means something other than time between attacks, or it isn't functioning properly. I dunno, but I do know the first apprentice tower WOULD be good if it really hit 3 times a second for me which attack rate says it should... then it would be pretty amazing!

The 7.04 update is live!

Note that the TrendyNet server-side upgrade will be done from 4am to 5am, so until then TNet may still have some DC's, as the Client changes were half of it.

-Jer

Small note about that. The thing in game says the servers will be down Sunday the 24th. I do believe you mean Monday. ;)

Small note about that. The thing in game says the servers will be down Sunday the 24th. I do believe you mean Monday. ;)

Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?

It did when you signed on before maintenance at least... thats a good catch I didn't notice it said the wrong day hah.

why was the console key changed to F1? that's always been Help in windows applications and as far back as I can remember tilde has always been the console :|

Its the key for a letter in for example the Swedish alphabet ( ) . Annyoing when you press it.
However I suggested it to be changed into an editable key. Just for this scenario.

7.04 patch issue - Can't change game controls (PC version)

Yeah hi since the 7.04 patch I can't change any of the controls in the options menu. Is this a known problem yet?
It's important to me cause my mouse's middle button is screwed, and therefore can't build towers. But that aside, not being able to edit controls is a pretty big error.

One would imagine that the patch frequency would be slowing down the further we get away from the release date.

Anyways, Nooooo not my squire! Oh wait, this change effects me very little considering how I played it :)

Yeah hi since the 7.04 patch I can't change any of the controls in the options menu. Is this a known problem yet?
It's important to me cause my mouse's middle button is screwed, and therefore can't build towers. But that aside, not being able to edit controls is a pretty big error.

On start up choose configure rather then start... you change them there since day one.