Min-Maxing towers.

I have only come across one player so far that was 2-Swapping between 2 Huntresses.

He had a Trap Huntress with no points in Hero stats (other then incidental bonuses), maxed out gear for towers including weapon and pet, ie weapon did base damage, and so did the pet, upgrades pumped to traps.

Thing is when he laid traps they had a busload of charges (I thought it was 38 on Proxies ... is 48 possible?), then after laying down the patterns, he switched over to a proper DPS Huntress with only a few points in towers from items, and most on damage/pierce etc.

I didn't ask, but I'm basically certain that the traps huntress was never kept in game because the damage would be useless, so it's basically a Trap Layer only, made to 70th, equipped and maximised for trap only.

We already all do this with class swapping, but most of us keep a "usable Hero" meaning in a pinch he can act as a hybrid, as practically everyone I have seen so far always makes pets DPS, and puts damage on weapons, not weapon hero/tower stats, so question:

How many people are using gimped characters to only act as min-maxed Tower layers?

Ok, that's fair enough. I thought about it but the effort to go that far seemed ... out of the way?

It would mean 2 alts for each class, 2 sets of gear maxed for different functions, and 8 characters to keep track of.
I fully understand that it will help greatly on maps, I just wasn't expecting say, 50% of people on this forums to be doing, say maybe 10%, 20% at the absolute most.

Yup, 8 chars.
Page 1: Builders.
Page 2: Dps.
(although my trap huntress is in really bad shape but gets the job done - 13 charges on inferno trap)

Hybrid App ( lol ty trendy for new patch)
Squire tower
Monk tower
Huntress DPS
Huntress Traps.

I wouldnt really worry about this Taurondir, as the new patch will make it so that hybrid characters will be superior to those infidel 8 char players.

Yea, I wondered about that 33% boost Trendy was talking about and wondered if's because it was seeing that lots of people had 8 characters.

It will help "casual" players - I just mean the ones that cant be bothered, but I would of expected the 8 alt people saying "damn you trendy, now you're messing our strats" or something.

Yea, I wondered about that 33% boost Trendy was talking about and wondered if's because it was seeing that lots of people had 8 characters.

It will help "casual" players - I just mean the ones that cant be bothered, but I would of expected the 8 alt people saying "damn you trendy, now you're messing our strats" or something.

Alot of the people with 8 characters are really hardcore and probably have nightmare gear so I would say its probably for the casuals.

I don't have 8 chars but I do have 3 dedicated tower builders and dps huntress. No amount of nerfs to huntress will ever make any of the slow moving melee classes/poor range classes apealing to me. Sure people can do more dps on dummy with monk/squire but during combat they still don't end up being as effective as huntress (no other class even comes close to killing a full lane of mobs in 2-3 sec like huntress with 2-3 ps).

I have a squire for tower-health and another squire for tower-damage myself. Not using the tower-damage squire that much now, since apps are better. ^^

Well, I'm actually ... like, impressed.

In practically every game that I get now I make a decision on what the fun content is, and I go on forums and make sure I'm not mission out on something obvious when something does'nt feel fun, and if I come across a wall - not necessaty because of difficulty, but as in something I was sure would work, does'nt, I peck casually and try a few things, and try to get hints if I'm still in the dark.

Even if my last resort was an easy way out - say, force myself to run a challenge 20-30 times with the certainty that I would end up with something I needed to get over that wall, I would find it so un-enjoyable that I'd be scared that it would put me off playing for a while, if not for ever, for example, farming bosses in Diablo 2 was never something I'd dare to try.

Edit:

We once did one of the Moxi Arenas in Borderlands. It was basically 6 hours I will never get back, and that ended 2 players ever wanting to play Borderlands again.

Wall Apprentice + Elemental weapon
Tower damage app
Wall Squire
Tower damage squire + elemental weapon
Hero-monk Physical
Aura Monk
Survival/Pvp Huntress (resistance) + slowweapon big PS
Huntress

each has a it's own specialized role.

Leveling a guy to 70 once you have a 70 is trivial. How fast can you do a perfect Glitter Hard run? That'll net you over 750k exp. More for your levelee if he can get triple 1.3x bonuses. It'll be almost a million exp. Either way it's 4 runs from 1-70. That's 80 minutes if you're moving slow. Five to six runs if you can't do it perfect (still getting like 600+ per run).

Pre 7.10 gear was just falling out of the sky. You could get respectable armor in an afternoon from chests on Spook or Glitter (without even needing to beat the maps) and weapons from Hard Spook that were just as viable, if not moreso than their Insane counterparts.

So, yeah. I have a tower monkey for each class. But since I don't care for the mage or squire DPS style, I haven't even bothered with making dedicated builds for those. Maybe with the new patch's tower boost for active heroes I'll do more hybrid. I think that could be fun on monk or huntress. With super loots I'm thinking you could have 200 in each stat if you wanted go well rounded (obviously not hero speed). That would make a pretty awesome guy to have on the floor. Interested to see how that plays out.

If you expected to get 'caught' on one of your weak tower characters, you only need to swap out a weapon and/or pet to be viable in a round. No stat points nor armor stats really need to be consumed, and you're only stuck out in early waves where being an extreme powerhouse isn't necessary. At most, you have to be able to take down one ogre on insane glitter with the help of a decent tower setup - swap in a weapon or pet as needed and swap back before swapping out. The only drawback is if your damage swap has less tower hp (which it usually will), all your towers in the map show slightly damaged afterwards :p

Not to mention with superloot even tower-based characters can have reasonably decent stats. Certainly no where as high as a proper DPS min-max character and one may have to sacrifice about 40-50 tower stats to push your weapon DPS-wise, but still very viable.

Well, I'm actually ... like, impressed.
We once did one of the Moxi Arenas in Borderlands. It was basically 6 hours I will never get back, and that ended 2 players ever wanting to play Borderlands again.

Was that playthrough 1? That would be insanely boring, Playthrough 2.5 makes stuff so much much more interesting, harder and ejoyable with 3 friends :)

Seriously? So everyone has 8 alts, level 70, just to do this?

I only got 4 characters, squire, monk, app builders with dps weapon, when i swap them out i equip a towerstat weapon
Dps huntress too, only hero stats
Only use traps(gas) if my ensnare go down, and they will be replaced before next wave

Edit: 4 level 70 characters that is, leveling a trap huntress and a dps squire atm

Was that playthrough 1? That would be insanely boring, Playthrough 2.5 makes stuff so much much more interesting, harder and ejoyable with 3 friends :)

No, we were all maxed out level wise, had killed destroyer on PT2. It was whatever the highest we could get before the next expansions raised the level limits.

I have 2x Monk (Tower/Support DPS hero boost build) 2x Squire (tower/hero) 1x Hunt (dps) and 1x App (hero). I like them, but eventually I'll farm myself another Apprentice for a hybrid or hero build and a traptress. It's just nice to have options. I hate being constrained, and I still retain favorite characters (DPS Monk and DPS Squire, hell ya.)