Why is superloot targeted at those that have a lot of free time ?

And yet some people do enjoy getting their genitalia nailed to stuff. The fact that you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that it applies to everyone.

Except that you don't need to do it. You do it because you want. You don't need to have the best gear in the game.

Are you referring to the body Modification Pain Olympics? XD (do NOT search that out, you have been warned)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet some people do enjoy getting their genitalia nailed to stuff. The fact that you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that it applies to everyone.

Of course.

Which is why most Korean games do so well in the US. People LIKE endless grind.

Hell, Korean games have the benefit of being able to split up the mindless grind...survival mode doesn't even have the option of saving after the first 2 and a half hours.

Ok then. With what you just said, what do you think would be the smartest thing for Trendy to do? Also, what do you think the fairest action would be to take with that in mind?

Nothing. Leave survival the way it is. People who like it or who feel the absolute necessity of having the best gear in the game will play it, the rest won't.

People LIKE endless grind.

Yes. Some people do. It's not Trendy's problem that you don't like it or you don't have the time to do it. Bottomline is there are no reasons why people who play less should get the same rewards as people who spend a lot of time playing.

I think a more general point is that any type of loot should be obtainable from all the modes, so you can play what you enjoy and still profit under a reasonable amount of combined time, skill, effort, and luck.

Nothing. Leave survival the way it is. People who like it or who feel the absolute necessity of having the best gear in the game will play it, the rest won't.

Wow... Your reasoning wont bring Trendy success. So why do you feel grinding > difficulty anyway? Is it because you already spent the time doing it?

I think a more general point is that any type of loot should be obtainable from all the modes, so you can play what you enjoy and still profit under a reasonable amount of combined time, skill, effort, and luck.

I think the more general point is nobody gives a crap how much time you play. I just want to be rewarded for completing challenging things in this game. Survival is not challenging, it's just a time sink. If it was a challenging difficult time sink which doesn't actively lure me to sleep, I would have no issue with it.

Wow... Your reasoning wont bring Trendy success. So why do you feel grinding > difficulty anyway? Is it because you already spent the time doing it?

Never said grinding > difficulty, but people who spend more time playing should get better rewards, that's it. And no, I don't grind survival, with the gear I already have I do just fine.

Never said grinding > difficulty, but people who spend more time playing should get better rewards

Still waiting on an explanation on why this is obviously fact.

So if I leave my game on overnight while chillin in the tavern, I should be rewarded with supersuperloot?

Why shouldn't people who spend more time playing get more/better rewards?

Because this is a Tower Defense game, and it only cost you $15 so it only needs to give you $15 worth.

Most AAA $75 titles only guarantee you 10-20 hours of gameplay, so on this scale, DD only need to give you around 2-4 hours of gameplay.

Still waiting on an explanation on why this is obviously fact.

So if I leave my game on overnight while chillin in the tavern, I should be rewarded with supersuperloot?

"but people who spend more time playing should get better rewards"
I don't consider leaving your character in the tavern while you sleep to be playing.

Its funny how people think this should not be the case. I guess they just need to go back to wow so they can go buy some Chinese gold and get what they want instantly.

I dont understand how people that write this cannot understand the definition of game:

Wikipedia entries:

Game : "A game is structured playing, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from WORK, which is usually carried out for REMUNERATION"

Remuneration: "something given in exchange for goods or services rendered"

I think you find that people in fact buy Gold online to "game" more and have to "work" less, in order to have "fun". If a person buys online gold ONLY to get more personal enjoyment out of the game and NOT use it to grief, annoy, impede, or in any other way detract from the enjoyment of any other player, I cant blame for doing it, when they do it to suddenly find and kill lower players with lesser gear, that's where I have a problem with.

But you consider standing on the crystal watching endless hordes of creeps run to your towers and die for hours on end as "playing?

As long as you are not afk yes, I do.

Never said grinding > difficulty, but people who spend more time playing should get better rewards, that's it. And no, I don't grind survival, with the gear I already have I do just fine.

Obviously the more time a person spends on something, the better than person becomes and accomplishes the goal sooner. That is indeed fact, but I don't think you understand the concern here. If difficulty is what is needed to keep those who are unable to acquire gear separated from those who are simply better players, then why should a grind be accepted as that mechanic?

As long as you are not afk yes, I do.

Well, I guess that clears up a lot.

You're not playing for enjoyment, you're playing for a skinner box.

Typical business. They only care about the people they can get more numbers from.

When i think about it, that doesnt really make sense...
Everybody pays the same for the game
People playing less causes less load on the server
So the logical thing would be to design the game for the people that dont play much

/confused

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually pretty active during Survival waves. I kill things, I set traps. And you know what? I take a break during the build phase.

Yeah that's right. I take a break. I leave the computer on and step away, get a drink. Watch some TV. Read a book. Come back later and keep going.

Fraintically repairing and defending the crystal, killing the warriors. That's Survival to me. I play with friends. We enjoy it. Doing a wave is no different than playing another level. It's satisfying after that to get rewarded with good loot. And you know what else? It's not even all amazing. You get a lot of junk before you get something you can actually personally use.

Well, I guess that clears up a lot.

You're not playing for enjoyment, you're playing for a skinner box.

You still don't understand. I play for enjoyment. I don't enjoy playing survival, so guess what do I do...exactly, I don't play survival. Some people enjoy it, and some people play it because they want better gear.

Obviously the more time a person spends on something, the better than person becomes and accomplishes the goal sooner. That is indeed fact, but I don't think you understand the concern here. If difficulty is what is needed to keep those who are unable to acquire gear separated from those who are simply better players, then why should a grind be accepted as that mechanic?

Because people don't want more difficulty. As I said before every time they make the game harder a lot of people come to the forums to complain.