Cannot complete Insane Spooky or Glitterhelm - Build Critique/comments please

I can pretty much do everything else (including Insane Summit) and Alch Lab Insane survival to 19 (granted I wasn't paying 100% attention because that gets boring).

I have tried a bunch of the tower placements (for both maps) that have been shown on the forum but I cannot get past about half of the levels on each. The warriors/ogre's destroy one of my towers and then the rest fall like dominoes and the game is over. What do I need to work on, what should I get for stats?

Anyways, thanks for looking and appreciate any comments for me to complete this.

Here are my char builds:

Huntress - Hero
71/240/109/97

Squire - Tower
107/192/63/122

Apprentice - Tower
73/177/77/104

Monk - Tower
105/260/53/80

They have intentionally designed and balanced Glitterheim and Halloween in such a manner as to make them near impossible to beat solo on Insane. I would guess that the amount of people that can do this currently is under 0.1% of the game population. This is not to say it can't be done, but it will require very precise timing and strategy if you can do it so you will need to note what type of defenses to place, exactly where to place them, when to place them, and so forth. If you are looking for assistance I would suggest going to youtube.com and watching a video of how someone else did it because that will provide all the information you need.

My typical setup is inferno trap, followed by gas, then proximity. Put an Ensnare and Lighting in the front of it all, and a Strength Drain in the back by the Proximity. Put a wall by the Strength drain. This setup kills ALL trash mobs and gives you the time you need to react to ogres spawning. I can solo Insane glitterheim with this setup, it's much easier with others though just so you don't have to cover as much ground.

They have intentionally designed and balanced Glitterheim and Halloween in such a manner as to make them near impossible to beat solo on Insane. I would guess that the amount of people that can do this currently is under 0.1% of the game population. This is not to say it can't be done, but it will require very precise timing and strategy if you can do it so you will need to note what type of defenses to place, exactly where to place them, when to place them, and so forth. If you are looking for assistance I would suggest going to youtube.com and watching a video of how someone else did it because that will provide all the information you need.

Near impossible is quite the exaggeration.. :/

for glitter insane.

North Far East and Far West southish west. I put electric aura.snare field mage barrier(S) and str drain....towers i put 1 fire ball 3 MM. Middle i set up with electric field snare field 3 MM towers and 1 FB tower for each middle side.. South crystal i put 3 mm's facing out ...west crystal i put 3 mm's facing into crystal and 1 mm facing each wyvern direction and 1 mm facing toward the norhern door for straglers. West crystal i put 1 MM facing out to grab stragglers. Hero i use a hunter and my only job is to kill ogres.....MID west and east ogres first (no str drain fields) and then kill ogres asap...

This is the method i used when 7.10 first came out ...too be honest i got a lot of the super loot at the start because they had not nerfed it yet so its probably a little easier for me now with my hero and tower guys having almost full pristine super loot.
works really well

edit: i also put mage barries in middle.

Basically at each choke point i have 3MM and 1 FB tower to kill trash mobs that is their only function....it's hero's job to kill ogres...I also sit in middle and watch mini map for ogre spawns....i never kill trash myself.

Stats are fine, it must be placement skill level.

lol, this made me chuckle.. I guess I need to upgrade that -10 Placement Aura :)

yeah, I have looked at a couple but I want to see some with the most recent patch

I just linked you one, which was made 2 days ago its 100% guarenteed on solo, if you pay attention on the ogres at the last wave and listen to the commentary tips.

I just linked you one, which was made 2 days ago its 100% guarenteed on solo, if you pay attention on the ogres at the last wave and listen to the commentary tips.

watching it now.. I have had success with your past videos and must have missed this one. I will let you know how it goes.

watching it now.. I have had success with your past videos and must have missed this one. I will let you know how it goes.

didn't work for me, by the end of the second round a fb and mm tower had died due to warriors, third round was even worse and died due in the fourth round

Are you using strenght drain auras?

5x (2 fireball, 1 mm, ensnare, electring, str drain) + 2x (somehting for antiair) = done and done

yes, I am. I just tried koroshi's guide but i have two towers destroyed by the end of the second wave. After that, its a battle vs time and I lose..

I'm using the same strat I have been since 7.05 or maybe even earlier. Each spawn gets 1x ensnare, lightning, str drain aura, 1x barrier, 2x MM and 1x fireball. Bottom wyvern spawn gets 1x ensnare aura on each side of crystal, 2x MM facing each spawn, and 1x barrier and 1x MM pointing towards the spawn above it for random mobs coming down. Top wyvern spawn gets 3x MM (one faces back to account for randomness of the buggy warriors they need to fix), and 1x str drain and ensnare (str drain is to waste extra DU for master builder). First round is mage towers, 2nd round is monk auras, 3rd round is switch to huntress and dps ogres in every wave after that.

Add me on steam and I can show you how I build if you like, I'm in GMT +1 so you will have to wait a few hours, I just happened to wake up and check forums this early morning, but I won't be "officially" up for another couple hours.

Steam ID: Soransis

well, I have tried many times but there is no way I am going to beat this. I have zero problems on hard... the ramp of difficulty to Insane is way too high (for me at least) I think I have good stats but the warriors just take out my defenses too fast. oh well.

Insane glitter should be doable for you. You'll probably have to be quick about taking out ogres with your huntress since your apprentice tower stats are not as good as they could be.

Insane spook would be very difficult/close to impossible.

For me, Insane spook was about less damage and more fortification. Used Spike blockades and weaken auras at major choke points to buy time before ogres got past. aside from that just a few well placed towers and eletric / snare auras. also 1 Explosive trap on the roof spawn.

Glitter insane is actually simple.
I start off with squire, put bumpers and harpoons up where needed. double bumper the wide walkways as needed. after wave ends, i switch to monk and put weaken auras over all bumpers that ogres can get to. aslo put eletric / snare in front of every set of bumpers.
When that wave ends, i switch to Mage and put 1 fire ball and 1 Magic missle tower behind each set of bumpers. also delete harpoons i had there. Around the North crystal i put 1 MM behind and 1 MM in front. The south crystal gets 3 MM's as well as 1 MM faced away from it to catch the random rare mob that walks down that way.
after that, i switch to my huntard and run from ogre to ogre. win. I haven't failed insane glitter solo or 4 player in a really long time.

in either insane. You cannot forget those weaken auras. they're the key. Without them, ogres will beat your stuff up too quickly.

I use the weaken auras but the warriors just decimate the towers before I even get there.. it's not the ogres at all

edit - I was talking about spooky here

Ninjas cannot possibly kill your bumpers if it is setup in a weakening aura and two DPS towers behind them that defend each other...

Maybe thats it. Your DPS towers behind the bumpers. i use 1 MM 1 fireball. make sure they're a little bit apart and cover eachother

Your DPS towers should be a few yards behind your bumpers and still inside the weakening aura. nothing else to tell, really.

Insane Glitter still is the same as before when I made this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPcyZX6NTlU

This was before DU cost increase on monk so the only change I had to make is the center crystal instead of 3 Mage tower I only use 2.

I then "stand guard" in the center for ogre spawns, you have a high chance they spawn where you are and you can dps them down, and if they spawn far away your already in the center for the shortest path possible. Your defenses hold for a very long time with a spike wall and strength drain aura on every choke so gives you time to go ogre hunting at each spawn.

One thing that makes it much much easier is if your squire has enough speed so that you can get all squire towers down and then swap to monk or mage to start building during the first wave.

With the speed "nerf" needing 100 points instead of 70 I can just barely make it with 1 or 2 seconds to spare on a perfect run at my current speed stat. So I usually am stuck on the squire for the first wave and have to build with the mage/monk during the 2nd wave.

ahh. Ninjas in Spook are about you. You see, when a Ninja is within aggro range of a player, they go after the player and if a defense is in the way that defense will get attacked till its dead or the ninja is dead.

IF A Ninja does not see a player, it will stop at the first blockade it finds and attack it till the defenses kill it. no harm done. (most times)

IF a Ninja is attacking YOU already and you die, the ninja will then walk to the nearest defense and attempt to destroy it. Commonly ends in ninjas flanking towers and destroying them.

Sometimes, Ninjas just wanna jump your blockades and attack towers. it happens. setup properly all your defenses (almost) will be in a weakening bubble anyway so CHECK YOUR MAP all the time. you can see when a ninja is beating on stuff and there is time to react.

with that in mind, there are some things you can do.
1. Stand in places that ninjas will never go.
2. Never stand in an area that would cause a ninja to Flank your defenses if you were to die
3. Stand on the big roof during the ninja wave. its a short wave and with a hunter you can still cover the whole map if you have a VW.
4. keep opening your map.
5. Never stand on or next to towers.
6. Never stand on or next to a Crystal.
7. Unless you're in a spot a ninja cannot get to, stand in the line of fire of towers. they will protect you and help keep the ninja population down.

Thats all the ninja info i got for spook.

Gets more tricky when ogres are everywhere you need to run around to kill them and as your running around you agro every ninja born from 1980 to 2011 onto your defenses.

I still just beat it solo on insane a couple of hours ago, but it was by no means a walk in the park I lost quite a few defenses that final wave.

Im going to cut my dps towers to put spike barricades in instead of apprentice walls I think that will make it much easier.

Cut dps by 1/3 but increase defense 4x equates to much more survivability. Once I get a build that I really like down to memory I will make an updated solo insane guide.

i just put engrage aura in front of every spawn then a few barricades to hold off ogres and some mm for anti fire mobs, done