[NEW] Alch lab survival insane [GUIDE]

Won't be using them for much longer now you've let it slip. Clearly it's way too useful.

its been around since the games release :) so who knows, maybe, maybe not.

Have to give you a big thumbs up for this. Friend and I reached wave 19 last night using your strat before we got tired (it had reached 2am) and quit. The dark elf warriors weren't really a problem though..., I mean, I know they spawn more frequently wave 20+, but the ones we saw would either do some sort of backwards flip upon reaching our location or get stuck running into a wall. (We both stood on top of the two eastern fireball towers; one of us on each side. We just shot forward while our animus pets would fire below, which meant we were literally dpsing everywhere at once.)

Have to give you a big thumbs up for this. Friend and I reached wave 19 last night using your strat before we got tired (it had reached 2am) and quit. The dark elf warriors weren't really a problem though..., I mean, I know they spawn more frequently wave 20+, but the ones we saw would either do some sort of backwards flip upon reaching our location or get stuck running into a wall. (We both stood on top of the two eastern fireball towers; one of us on each side. We just shot forward while our animus pets would fire below, which meant we were literally dpsing everywhere at once.)

I just reached wave 20... and wave 20 is a whole different ball game from wave 3-19. They gain a lot of speed, damage, and health, so my usual strat of blindfiring PS at the start of round, can only take down a few before the rest are bouncing on my head. :x

i never use spiked barricades, i use magic barriers instead, since they don't cause any damage thus warriors will just run into it and keep running (not moving or attacking them or anything) while they try to get to the fireball towers behind. Its an interesting flaw in the AI to say the least. The same works for ogres on harder maps as well.

I wonder if you could just invert a spiked barricade so that the spikes face the opposite way. Technically it wouldn't be attacking anymore then, right? Would be more useful as my barricades have 10x more hp than my magic barriers.

I wonder if you could just invert a spiked barricade so that the spikes face the opposite way. Technically it wouldn't be attacking anymore then, right? Would be more useful as my barricades have 10x more hp than my magic barriers.

you might be on to something there! ;)

i never use spiked barricades, i use magic barriers instead, since they don't cause any damage thus warriors will just run into it and keep running (not moving or attacking them or anything) while they try to get to the fireball towers behind. Its an interesting flaw in the AI to say the least. The same works for ogres on harder maps as well.

I dont know, they keep destroying my barriers like no tomorrow.

I take it that was done before the increased DU cost to monk auras, I managed to get it all down except one lightning aura :p

I take it that was done before the increased DU cost to monk auras, I managed to get it all down except one lightning aura :p

I dont use lightning auras anymore. If you have an apprentice, use lightning towers. Two in the front one on each side. The only auras you need are str drain and ensnare.

If you're talking about Vicious's setup, I thought the same thing. But if you look close, the NW choke has a magic barrier instead of a spiked barricade.

If you're talking about Vicious's setup, I thought the same thing. But if you look close, the NW choke has a magic barrier instead of a spiked barricade.

Indeed! Didn't notice that, I ended up using magic blockades for both choke points on the west side and put an ethereal spike near the crystal for skeletons that spawn in the centre after wave 20

@Viscous: I really like your strategy. I played it with an app though. Overcharge helps a ton. I wish I'd made it farther, but stuff kept hitting my crystal from nowhere. I'm assuming errant fireballs/arrows, but it's hard to tell.

Yeah same problem, I just die out of no where. I modified my build about 2 ways to try and fix that problem, incorporated apprentice towers, moved some auras.

Problem was still there.

Luckily it shall all be fixed in 7.11 it seems.

Played with enrage some, not really my thing but I did free up some DU for the enrage aura that I can now use for a healing aura isntead and that I think can come in very handy as it will be placed right in the middle of the main choke and there is a sweet spot where you can be in the strength drain aura so at the wave 15+ ninja spawn madness you go into the str down aura and healing aura and you dont die.

I die out of nowhere too man! So unfair!

Well.... maybe it's just because I fall asleep at my keyboard. Pro-tip: Don't say to yourself, "Imma gonna go do a hardcore insane survival run!" at 11:00pm.

If the problem is arrows/fireballs, I'm not sure the patch will help. They're putting the max distance at 3k, and it's a small map. Here's hoping, though.